#1 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Hey folks,
as everyone of us knows Amy would've turned 30 this year. I can't remember where i got it from but her own Birthdays weren't special to Amy, but she cared a lot about the B'days of her friends, family & especially Dionne and just wanted to make other people happy. :heart:

So since 30 is a special number for many people i've asked myself if they make a special announcement for her fans this year, it could be anything. Maybe another DVD or unreleased music or a picture book, idk.

I'm not expecting it, i just think that chances for an announcement of any kind (or even a release) could be high this year.

What do you think?

Cyn
Amy flies in paradise

#2 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

You never know! I will keep my fingers crossed that there will be something to commemorate her on her 30th birthday :( Wish she was here to celebrate it
I would welcome any new Amy things anytime! There are definitely film recordings of more of her shows that could be released... I would love that as it is a ball ache having to go on You Tube to watch some of my favourite performances
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts
  • LocationπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Guys, it seems that we have an idea!
Let's think, what WE can do for Amy on her 30'th birthday?
We, yes, WE can make something great together and present it to Amy!
Something that we can do together, something really significant.
Something that we will be proud of.
Something that will be really nice gift for our sister!
What do you think?

Edited by v_melnik, 20 January 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#4 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

You know I thought the same thing after I posted! I thought if there isn't something official I am sure her fans will do something. Let's get our thinking caps on! Remember the wonderful tributes we did on the anniversary of her death? That was lovely. Amy has wonderful fans so I am sure we can do something lovely for her 30th!
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Let's lay out our resourses and skills!

All my friends know that I'm a "computer guy" (since the 1991'th), I can manage computing systems, I can program, I can broke and fix almost everything, when I'm not too stoned. :-) I have certain computing resourses on the Internet, because me and my wife running an IT-company (cloud copmuting, hosting solutions, ISP-services).

Also I'm writing songs and playing guitar. I'm only learning how to write really frank songs and to how to become completely stripped in my songs, but, yes, I have the best teacher in the world (and we all know her), so... this rudiments of skills can be useful to this project as well.

Also I love to negotiate something and to come to an agreement with other people. Yes, my English is not too smooth, my Russian is much more expressive, but maybe it will be useful too.

That's what I can offer. And, yes, almost forgot... I can find and get almost everything that I don't have yet to put into this copper. Let's boil something interesting!

#6 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if we got something released this year but I don't think it would be anything substantial, probably just another CD of live tracks if anything.

As for something for her birthday, we could do some kind of book with rare-ish photos (ie. not the obvious press ones we've seen hundreds of times before) and artwork of Amy with tributes to her and what effect she's had on us musically/personally etc and send it to Mitch/Janis/the foundation? Maybe a bit of a generic idea but I'd imagine it's that type of thing the family appreciates, seeing how much she was appreciated and the positive influence she had on her fans.

#7 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

God damn me!!! An artwork collection - what a great idea!

I always respect Amy-related artwork and really love to see it, because it helps us to see other people's vision of Amy and to compare it with our own vision... It's always so interesting, right? Yes, an artwork collection would be really great idea. Let's write it down!

Idea #1 - an artwork collection!
Idea #2 - ???
Idea #3 - ???

:-)

#8 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

What about everyone writing a tribute on a sheet of paper, scan it, put it all together to a book with pics, have it printed out by a print company (idk how you call it) and send it to her parents?
Amy flies in paradise

#9 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Great, Cynthia!
So, it can be an album with either artwork AND tributes, right?
We can not only send it to Janis and Mitch, we can send copies to her friends who would like to get one and, of course, a lot of people on the forum would like to get a copy!
I would love to get one by all means. :-)

#10 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

It'd be great if they released something to commemorate her 30th birthday. Not her 3rd album, but some of those breathtaking performances that are all over youtube in awful quality, like the AOL sessions or her acoustic performances from the Back To Black era (Tiscali, SXSW, Orange Lounge, DL..). Also it'd be awesome if they released some professionally recorded footage of her Brazil gigs (I'm not sure there's any, though).
As for us, we definitely must do something. The tributes some people here made last summer were lovely. I didn't participate because I was way too sad to think of anything, but I'd love to do something for her birthday this year.
PS: maybe her birthday wasn't important for her, but you can't imagine how important it is for me as it's helping me to remember the date some laws were approved in my country (five minutes ago I was saying "this law was approved on Amy's birthday 101 years before she was born, so it's 14-9-1882 LOL)
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#11 Jade Logic

Jade Logic

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

I would definitely be in on this. Great idea! I could write something....since it could go bad if I were to do something artistically. Ha Ha. :)
:heart: Jade Logic :heart:

#12 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

I'm all for commerating, but I really don't like the idea of celebrating dead people's birthdays.
I don't mean to be a party pooper, I'm just expressing my opinion. It makes me really uneasy to celebrate Amy's would-be 30th birthday when she will forever be 27...

I like the idea of celebrating her life though, whether it be in 2013 or any other year, regardless of how old she would be!

#13 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Maybe if we all (Amy's army of fans) email BBC's Clare Teal who hosts the 'Big Band Special' (and beg ... alot), she will dig into the archives and play the 2006 Stables show with Amy and band leader Barry Forgie for her 30th birthday. I think Clare also performed on that same show. Since the BBC didn't include any of these songs in their boxset with all of her other music from them, this might be the only way we might ever get to hear those three songs she sang that night, and it would also be a great tribute for them to do for her.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...006wr7s/contact
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#14 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Guys, it seems that we have an idea!
Let's think, what WE can do for Amy on her 30'th birthday?
We, yes, WE can make something great together and present it to Amy!
Something that we can do together, something really significant.
Something that we will be proud of.
Something that will be really nice gift for our sister!
What do you think?

I agree,would be a very good idea :)

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Maybe if we all (Amy's army of fans) email BBC's Clare Teal who hosts the 'Big Band Special' (and beg ... alot), she will dig into the archives and play the 2006 Stables show with Amy and band leader Barry Forgie for her 30th birthday. I think Clare also performed on that same show. Since the BBC didn't include any of these songs in their boxset with all of her other music from them, this might be the only way we might ever get to hear those three songs she sang that night, and it would also be a great tribute for them to do for her.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...006wr7s/contact

That's a great idea. I'm up for it, definitely.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users