118 replies to this topic

#16 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

[MENTION=2280]Uno[/MENTION]: I'm not sure about the BBC Stuff, i think the Boxset by them is enough, most of the things aren't new or unreleased, unfortunately.
Amy flies in paradise

#17 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

[MENTION=2686]Mrs. Jones[/MENTION] well considering it is her birth date it is celebrating her life... the day a very precious lady came into the world who would eventually affect our lives in a very meaningful way. I mean I think it's kind of strange to sing happy bday like they did last year but whatever they think is appropriate. I think it's hard not to think of it as the age she would be.

Edited by allisost, 20 January 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#18 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts
  • LocationπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

About an album, guys... "I'm serious! I'm serious!" And I already see how we can do it.
I can launch the website where everybody could upload their artworks or handwritten notes and everybody could vote for uploaded pictures to help us to choose best of them.
Also anyone will be able to pre-order the album right on the website, an information about pre-orders will help us to estimate the number of copies to be printed.
We will spread the link to this website everywere, so a lot of fans will get know about this project and upload their tributes.
And most voted tributes will be included in the album: for example, top 30 artworks, top 30 handwritten notes and maybe something more...
In the summer one of us (who can work with graphics and makeup) will make it up into pages, so we will have layouts and we could print the album in a real typography.
Then we will send this album to Janis, Mitch and everybody who want to get it.
What do you think about it? It's not too difficult if we want to do it. And, god damn me, we really can do it!

#19 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Sounds good! :)
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#20 dykehaze

dykehaze

What the fuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

A woman with a ball ache, that's funny!

#21 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

@Mrs. Jones well considering it is her birth date it is celebrating her life... the day a very precious lady came into the world who would eventually affect our lives in a very meaningful way. I mean I think it's kind of strange to sing happy bday like they did last year but whatever they think is appropriate. I think it's hard not to think of it as the age she would be.

Yes, celebrating the day she came to life, I'm fine with, but not celebrating the age that she never was or never will be.

#22 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

A woman with a ball ache, that's funny!

What do you mean?

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Yes, celebrating the day she came to life, I'm fine with, but not celebrating the age that she never was or never will be.

Well, it's not about an age, but the day when Amy was born is really worth to be very special for all of us.
So, shouldn't we really prepare something special for this day?

#23 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

About an album, guys... "I'm serious! I'm serious!" And I already see how we can do it.
I can launch the website where everybody could upload their artworks or handwritten notes and everybody could vote for uploaded pictures to help us to choose best of them.
Also anyone will be able to pre-order the album right on the website, an information about pre-orders will help us to estimate the number of copies to be printed.
We will spread the link to this website everywere, so a lot of fans will get know about this project and upload their tributes.
And most voted tributes will be included in the album: for example, top 30 artworks, top 30 handwritten notes and maybe something more...
In the summer one of us (who can work with graphics and makeup) will make it up into pages, so we will have layouts and we could print the album in a real typography.
Then we will send this album to Janis, Mitch and everybody who want to get it.
What do you think about it? It's not too difficult if we want to do it. And, god damn me, we really can do it!

That's a great idea ;)

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#24 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Oh :nonchalance: 30 best? Then i'll lose anyway, lol. But i'd love to design the Book Cover :P
I just need a title and then i'll do some designs and you guys choose the best in the End.
Amy flies in paradise

#25 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

Wow! Thanks to all for a participation!!!

So... Guys, are everybody agree that the first idea is the best? Are we making the album?

I like this idea too, we really can do it and, yes, I'm feeling really excited about it! :-)

#26 Soul Power

Soul Power

More than a fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

@Uno: I'm not sure about the BBC Stuff, i think the Boxset by them is enough, most of the things aren't new or unreleased, unfortunately.

There will never be enough Amy in my collection!
;-)

#27 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Yeeeees :)

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#28 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Okay, guys, here we go!

The first step - I'm launching the website which help us to:
1) explain our project to all Amy-people;
2) gather Amy-people's artworks, notes and other tributes;
3) select (by opened voting) best tributes;
4) get a lot of pre-orders to make us know how many copies we need to print.
The very first version of this website will be ready after this weekend, I will post the link here.

What title will we put on the album? How should we call it?
Who wants to help with the text explaining the essense of our project?
Who wants to add something to the project?

#29 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

Okay, guys, here we go!

The first step - I'm launching the website which help us to:
1) explain our project to all Amy-people;
2) gather Amy-people's artworks, notes and other tributes;
3) select (by opened voting) best tributes;
4) get a lot of pre-orders to make us know how many copies we need to print.
The very first version of this website will be ready after this weekend, I will post the link here.

What title will we put on the album? How should we call it?
Who wants to help with the text explaining the essense of our project?
Who wants to add something to the project?

Hey melnik, I've not got a lot of time this week but I'd love to submit a tribute (probs text/music based) and could help with the text explaining the project if you'd like. Just a thought, we could ask people to record covers of Amy's music and enclose a tribute CD with maybe 10 or so tracks in with the album. I'd be happy to contribute a track if enough people were up for it (although this might be a bit ambitious on top of the tribute album).

#30 pearljo

pearljo

β™ͺβ™«β™« vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

This isn't birthday related just an idea I brought up to someone else a month ago. I looked for an Amy calendar on US and UK Amazon. The UK had one that totally sucked.
If someone with the drive to do it I think it would be a great idea. It would also be a lot of work.
But instead of printing 100,000 and hope they sell, maybe team up with the Foundation for 500 or so to bring in donations. Maybe the Foundation would front the money to have them made. I have a friend that always has a Marilyn Monroe calendar each year and I know most of us would buy the Amy calendar if it was to our standards.
Maybe someone here has family or friends in a related business to help.
Just a thought. Have her picture and a song lyric towards the bottom for each month.
Something to consider I hope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users