[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#47 pearljo

pearljo

β™ͺβ™«β™« vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

I mentioned a coffee table book a long time ago and I'm too tired to read this thread today. Are we talking about a book for us? A book is much harder and much more expensive to produce but if that's what we want to do get ready for a lot of work.
A calendar is relatively cheap and if done well and Amazon picked it up we're talking about keeping many more fans happy because they could buy it much cheaper. (the foundation makes more money because a calendar has much more appeal.)
I'm bowing out of this for now and may work on a calendar myself or may just put it on the back burner. I need a nap.

#48 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts
  • LocationπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

And here we go!

http://album.amyligh...ut-the-project/
http://album.amylighthouse.org/

This is the very first step, but I know we will pass the whole way.

I feel there will be a lot of spam messages, so who wants to be a moderator?

#49 Mint

Mint

This me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Well done mate. That looks great. It has crystallized your idea for me now. I was a little unsure about what was going on. If I feel inspired, I will create something for Amy.

#50 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Yes, my friends!
I knew that the website will help to understand the idea.
So now it's time to upload more contributions to the website!
Artworks, poems, everything that can be included in the Album.
Thanks to all for participation!
"Let's run it, run it!"

#51 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Yes, my friends!
I knew that the website will help to understand the idea.
So now it's time to upload more contributions to the website!
Artworks, poems, everything that can be included in the Album.
Thanks to all for participation!
"Let's run it, run it!"

wow thank you!!!
GREAT WORK!

F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!

wordpress kicks ass, too

what a beautiful project,,,,i'm sure we will be assembling a very nice art (poems and paintings)/tribute collection!
there is one edit for 'propogation' --- should say 'propagation' ;)

sooooooooooooooooo

i have a question

there is a poem in spanish i have on my blog here ........ spanish speakers would probably agree, it's BEAUTIFUL
but it's not mine ....

could we include it? i can finish translating it??
or should i find the author and request his permission? .... i dont even know his name ...

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

I mentioned a coffee table book a long time ago and I'm too tired to read this thread today. Are we talking about a book for us? A book is much harder and much more expensive to produce but if that's what we want to do get ready for a lot of work.
A calendar is relatively cheap and if done well and Amazon picked it up we're talking about keeping many more fans happy because they could buy it much cheaper. (the foundation makes more money because a calendar has much more appeal.)
I'm bowing out of this for now and may work on a calendar myself or may just put it on the back burner. I need a nap.

i think we should do the calendar!!! can we help you pick some pictures? quotes? lyrics?
i hope you got some rest! we have a LOT of amy work to do this year, jus sayin .... :-)

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#52 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Thank you for all these nice words, [MENTION=2407]Birdieava[/MENTION]! :-)

Now it's time to develop the project's website and to propagate it to all Amy-People in the world, right?

there is a poem in spanish i have on my blog here ........ spanish speakers would probably agree, it's BEAUTIFUL
but it's not mine ....
could we include it? i can finish translating it??
or should i find the author and request his permission? .... i dont even know his name ...

I would offer to find the author! Maybe if you try to paste a couple of lines from this poem in Google search form, you will get a list of pages where this poem has been published. So there is a chance to find the author! You could show them our project and encourage them to contribute his poem for the Album. What do you think?

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

And here is the link to the Facebook page of our project: https://www.facebook...474365549267513
Everybody, please, "like" it and "share" it!

#53 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

I don't agree with the calandar,in my opinion a small collector will be more powerful,it is my opinion though :)

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#54 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Okay, guys!
Now we have the project's website (http://album.amylighthouse.org/).
Now we have the Facebook page (https://www.facebook...474365549267513).

How to spread our idea among all Amy-People in the world?
How to encourage them to add their tributes for the Album?

#55 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Wonderful ;)
Thanks
And really nice done,do you want I contact Mitch through twitter?

Attached File  my message.png   3.62KB   9 downloads

Here we go

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#56 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Lovely idea to have a group project everyone can contribute to. And great job on making the website @v_melnik. A book of tributes sounds great, many people have already posted artworks inspired by Amy in the creativity thread on the forum, maybe some of those can be put in the book? I would think spreading the word would be easy, everybody here who uses social networks can post the link on their facebook/twitter, also send it to all other Amy fan pages and try to get an RT from Mitch.

I like the idea of making a calendar as well, it could become a yearly project and would be cheap and easy to produce. With the blessing of the foundation it could raise good money for charity

@Birdieava I thought we'd finished translating the poem? I think all of it can be found here http://www.amywineho...y-2011)/page205 (starting towards the end of the page) and on the two or three pages after that. I think it was written by Juan Manuel de Prada? You would need permission to publish it, even in translation.

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#57 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

[MENTION=2311]Amy Jenna Harper[/MENTION], wow! Have Mitch replied something? By the way, would you like to upload your artworks to the website? ;-)

#58 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

@Birdieava I thought we'd finished translating the poem? I think all of it can be found here http://www.amywineho...y-2011)/page205 (starting towards the end of the page) and on the two or three pages after that. I think it was written by Juan Manuel de Prada? You would need permission to publish it, even in translation.

thank you so much Cecilia! to the best of my memory, the last part of the translation still needed some work, but i will go after it and dig it out and see what happened. its been a long time. great that you have the name of the author!! sweet !!! i will go ahead and try and contact him about this. it's just so rich, dense, and descriptive of amy in a metaphorical way, i just love reading it in spanish. it makes me feel close to her, like i can almost see her. i hope he is interested in the project.

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#59 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Let us know if you manage to get in touch with the author! I remember translating the final paragraphs and [MENTION=2053]ladyamy[/MENTION] suggested some corrections. Maybe we can send the author our translation?

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#60 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Please, please share with us the translation!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users