Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

RE:

PRINTING

alright. here i go.

someone in my family has a printing business in caracas, venezuela.
please take a look
http://www.tipografi...a.com/index.htm
their printing business is about 50 years old, and their work is of the highest quality.
they print it all: from paper to cardboard, catalogs, pamphlets, magazines, posters, stickers, flags, calendars, bags, just about any printed material.
IF we are interested in going with them, here are my thoughts:
- Allow a lot of time for ordering,,, once we have our things ready we will need to send it to them in a format that they can work with (I would have to ask), and it needs to be perfect, you know, already proofread, etc. margins, etc. all done. just ready to print. i cannot be the 'graphic designer'... someone needs to take this on. i cannot commit to editing into the wee hours of the night.
- Allow time for international delivery - this is in venezuela, so there is no other option than a private courier like FedEx or DHL.
- I suggest to send the money in advance. I cannot ask them to make this before they receive the money, which is going to be, pretty close to COST. This is not to profit them, it's only an idea, since i know we dont have a lot of money and we want to do something beautiful and of top quality. They are TRUSTED, 100%. We will not be hung out to dry. And let's get another 3 or 4 quotes to compare pricing, before we decide if this is worth it for us.
- The quality of their work is TOP QUALITY.
- If we go with them, I can offer to be the order and delivery 'coordinator'. It's a LOT of responsibility, but for the love of Amy, I can offer to take it on, and follow this part of the project until the material is delivered to the foundation (I'm assuming we will be working with AWF).
thank you :)

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 AM ----------

About an album, guys... "I'm serious! I'm serious!" And I already see how we can do it.
I can launch the website where everybody could upload their artworks or handwritten notes and everybody could vote for uploaded pictures to help us to choose best of them.
Also anyone will be able to pre-order the album right on the website, an information about pre-orders will help us to estimate the number of copies to be printed.
We will spread the link to this website everywere, so a lot of fans will get know about this project and upload their tributes.
And most voted tributes will be included in the album: for example, top 30 artworks, top 30 handwritten notes and maybe something more...
In the summer one of us (who can work with graphics and makeup) will make it up into pages, so we will have layouts and we could print the album in a real typography.
Then we will send this album to Janis, Mitch and everybody who want to get it.
What do you think about it? It's not too difficult if we want to do it. And, god damn me, we really can do it!

arb
i really love this "yearbook" idea.

and also the calendar, but a calendar gets 'old' in 1 year -- the yearbook is more of a coffee table book.

let's have a vote already .... can someone put a voting poll or something?
i'd like to start working on my tribute if this is what we are going to be doing.

tribute, yearbook, calendar, whatevs.

we need to get ahead of time. just sayin, it's almost february and we need to hurry up if we want something done by September.

this poll will also give us an idea of how many fans are on board.

your thoughts?

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#32 pearljo

pearljo

β™ͺβ™«β™« vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

I messed with a program on lulu.com. None of the pics would work. But then I found these.

http://calendar-soft...tenreviews.com/

I'll try to work on this more. One thing we might do is get each member to submit two of their favorite high resolution pics and maybe we could vote on the cover and a unique pic for each month that fits in with the theme. This may be easier than I imagined. Wouldn't it be cool, profession, and all that stuff? I get exhausted just thinking about it. LOL

#33 Jade Logic

Jade Logic

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

I am planning on writing something up...but can also help with proofreading or whatever else is needed.

Just my two cents. I love the idea of the calendar...and even though we would all save it after the year is up, it still will only be used for a year. I like the "yearbook" idea because it's something that can be kept out and looked at over and over and can contain more than just pictures. Maybe there would be someway to do both...I don't know.
:heart: Jade Logic :heart:

#34 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Yeah that is cool ;)

Did you think about the cover?cause I know how to use photoshop :)

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#35 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Yeah that is cool ;)

Did you think about the cover?cause I know how to use photoshop :)

Yes, i'm responsible for the cover already
Amy flies in paradise

#36 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Ah ok then

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#37 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

I have no idea what you guys are doing.
I'm not an artist and I'm not a poet. Can't sing. Technically challenged. Damn. If that ain't useless...

#38 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

maybe we think about different projects? different thread for each under a new section in the forum?
with their own 'leader' just so everyone knows whats going on?
(keep track of material and then sorting and selecting from it with other forum members)
and we draw a different timeline for each
for ex.
- coffee table book (with our collection of tattoo art, paintings, murals, what have you)
- yearbook (with fan pages, poems, pictures, tributes, letters, etc)
- calendar - 2014 and beyond
some of these things we can start right away
we can 'dress up' all these projects with amy memento (quotes, lyrics, pictures, fashion, etc)
and which projects we can take on to benefit the foundation.
a fan calendar, would probably work for the awf. i think. someone gotta talk to mitch.,.....

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#39 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts
  • LocationπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

Salute to all!

Of course, we can launch several projects.
Everybody can launch their own project with excellent idea and fulfil it.
Each of us loves Amy and each of us wants to do something for her. And a lot of people really do great things: somebody writes songs and poems devoted to Amy, somebody draws artworks, somebody just wants Amy to hear their sincere words for her...
And we all can act, can do something amazing, something that Amy would love to see, to hear and to get.
I just want us to do something together, something really common, something that will be really loud and bright. It will be our first joint act, the first deed of Amy-people. Maybe it won't be as loud and bright as Amy deserves, but it will be the first attempt to so something really appreciable.
And once we will explode a supernova for her, we could do it acting together.

I just want us to select something to do. To select it and to stick it.
And if you want my opinion, I would vote for an album (we can make it as a coffe-table-book or as a yearbook - it doesn't matter) which will be full of our artworks, our notes, our poems, our contributions. Dear [MENTION=732]pearljo[/MENTION], we can do the calendar as well, but we also can do something much more massive, we can print the book. How do you like it? :-)

And... We can manage without financial help of the Foundation. If the Foundation would like to help us to tell all Amy-people about our project - their help would be really appericated. If they help us to spread our idea - we will be very grateful. But it seems that that's all they can do for us. The rest we will do by our own hands.
Because we want to do it. And we can.

So... I will launch the website of our project on this weekend. Anybody could read about the project, upload their contributions, vote for contributions and sign a form of pre-order.

Now we know who can help with:
+ the typography (thanks to [MENTION=2407]Birdieava[/MENTION]);
+ the graphics (thanks to [MENTION=1525]Cynthia[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2311]Amy Jenna Harper[/MENTION]);
+ the texts (thanks to [MENTION=3013]TBR[/MENTION] and to my dear sister [MENTION=3332]Jade Logic[/MENTION]);
+ ...? :-)

We can do everything, let's remember it.
Amy has done a lot for us being on their own in this world, that's the time to do something for her being together.
Thanks to her.

#40 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

v_melnik : I agree, if we want that the foundation knows what we are going to do,I think we need to tell them, I don't have any idea how .

I agree for the book and the album but for that we need to have a list of the persons that the participate (can have also poems with the pictures and drawings) :)
In my opinion the calendar it is a little bit poor,but for the book and album I agree,or we can do an album like a collector with the music,somes pictures and some drawings and poems,what do you think?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#41 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts
  • LocationπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Of course, we will tell them! When the website will be up and kicking, when there will be a description of the idea, we will send them a link (maybe right to Mitch) and if he like to help us to spread our idea to all Amy-people, he will tell about this idea to a lot of people.

But we need the website at the first, because there should be something to show to all Amy-people. I will make a serious dash tomorrow, so I will be ready to show the first version on the Monday, okay?

#42 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

OK great ,perfect :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#43 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Ah ok then

But i've changed my mind, i'd rather draw some pictures! I hope that there's still a place for me in the book ::::>
Amy flies in paradise

#44 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

No graphics for you then?

OK we need to know,who is going to participate and in what,thanks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#45 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

i thought about doing the pages between the chapters, do you know what i mean?
if the book should get split into different chapters, i'd love to design the pages inbetween the chapters
Amy flies in paradise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users