242 replies to this topic

#91 Mr Hathaway

Mr Hathaway

Camden town ain't burnin' down

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

Cut them some slack. Andre 3000 isn't singing, and it isn't supposed to be perceived as singing. I honestly don't know what you people expected, you should be glad they even chose Amy's song. I really don't know what to say.
Just a fellow fan of the supremely talented songstress, Amy Jade Winehouse.

#92 Eva

Eva

Banned Bitch!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

^I would have been glad if they DIDNT choose amys song if thats the best that they could come up wit lol its pretty damn bad....I mean cmon that trio.. they're supposed to be big stuff aren't they? it sounds just a mild step above some amateur dj track at a second rate nightclub haha I aint protective over amy's stuff, maybe I am, but at least do the song justice n why was the blow/puff line changed? to make beyonce seem more edgy? pffft

"sometimes I go about in pity for myself,
and all the while a great wind is bearing me across the sky...
"

I wanna keep you here laying next to me
sharin our love between the sheets

起死回生

#93 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

I wonder why they just didn't use the original version.

#94 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

Cut them some slack. Andre 3000 isn't singing, and it isn't supposed to be perceived as singing. I honestly don't know what you people expected, you should be glad they even chose Amy's song. I really don't know what to say.

I'd prefer they didn't choose Amy's song if this is how they're going to butcher it. Better off not meddling at all if you can't even do the song justice. I don't know what Andre 3000 was thinking. It's made worse by the fact that he can actually sing and is a genuinely talented musician.
"They laughed when I said I was going to become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

#95 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

Here's a DM article explaining Mitch's decision, I don't even want to quote it here.
Man, I wish someone like Salaam got the rights to Amy's music and everything else really. It's not so much about this cover per se, but these politics of 'as long as the price is right' are just plain revolting.

Tired of the money talk.... what happened to being decent? well, i guess some people never were in the 1st place huh
You know Amy hasn't even been gone 2 years... I would have been GLAD if they had used the original, that would have been a nice tribute, considering how lacking her presence is in the US.

and yeah we're being a tad bit dramatic, but amy just deserves better... in many respects.

#96 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

Amy just deserves better. Period.

#97 Mr Hathaway

Mr Hathaway

Camden town ain't burnin' down

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

The soundtrack is comprised of covers and songs written specifically for the movie. It is all new music. [MENTION=3088]badfish[/MENTION], i agree with the lyric change. i don't understand why they changed the lyrics and i'm not sure what they're trying to get across with that.

Anyways, I just think we should appreciate the little bits of attention that Amy's music is getting, even if we don't like the outcome.
Just a fellow fan of the supremely talented songstress, Amy Jade Winehouse.

#98 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

why was the blow/puff line changed? to make beyonce seem more edgy? pffft

Lol... off-topic but did you see her fake golden nipples/tits? where can I get some??

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Anyways, I just think we should appreciate the little bits of attention that Amy's music is getting, even if we don't like the outcome.

yeah there's a cover of beyonce's song on there too... but I'm not settling just because Amy is getting attention.... she wasn't about that anyway.

#99 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

with each longer clip it gets worse and worse omg.

#100 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

I'm totally with ya on that one.

#101 ILoveAmyWinehouse

ILoveAmyWinehouse

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

As a fan of Outkast, I'm really disapointed in Andre 3000! His part of the song is a mess. He sounded terrible. Autotune? Really, why?!

Beyonce... I think everyone here pretty much summed up how I feel about her. She is an entertainer more so than a singer. It's disapointing they couldn't at least get the originial (or demo) of Amy's for the film or have a real singer cover B2B (I'm thinking Aretha, Gladys, anyone that could sing soul). As for the lyric change, I wonder if I heard the rest of this song how much more of the lyrics are changed?

All in all, this is just the minute and a half snippet but it already sounds like a wreck,IMO.

Life is like a pipe, & I'm a tiny penny rolling up the walls inside. - Amy Winehouse "back to black"
Amy Jade Winehouse in my heart, mind, and ears FOREVER my lioness.

#102 AmysAngel92

AmysAngel92

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

I had to replay the line change about 6x out of disgust, thought I was hearin things, fuckin mess

Posted Image
Posted Image

#103 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:10 AM

^^The comments under that video are mostly positive... :hopelessness:
I guess anything that is void of genuine meaning or emotion is what people want?

#104 AmysAngel92

AmysAngel92

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

^^The comments under that video are mostly positive... :hopelessness:
I guess anything that is void of genuine meaning or emotion is what people want?

Not all of them LOL

thejanaina47

Ugly like her

Posted Image
Posted Image

#105 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:32 AM

Aw she's not ugly, just annoying..and her voice doesn't fit the song. I understand the concept of "covers" but this isn't how you do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users