71 replies to this topic

#31 ILoveAmyWinehouse

ILoveAmyWinehouse

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

A week ago I heard Amy's You Know I'm No Good playing in a pizza parlor. I recognized it immediately, and tears started pouring down my face. I'm 15. That is how much I love and miss Amy. I have been getting distracted from my schoolwork alot, always watching her videos and interviews. I think I may need help. I wouldn't call it an obsession, but others probably will. What should I do?

Not sure if what I'm writing you is "advice" but it takes comfort in knowing that you're not alone and I know exactly how you feel!

I'm glad to have found this forum because living in the USA, we weren't really expose to Amy and there isn't much love for Amy here like there is in the UK. When Amy died, I was alone. I was mourning her death and my friends and family were asking me "why are you sad about her? she was a druggy, that's what she gets..." So, I've been mourning her alone till I found this place in November (or October??) 2012, over a year after she died. If anything, this place has helped me cope with Amy's death better. There are times where I feel like crying, but I'll tell you, it will get better!

I coped with Amy in other ways. I got her tattooed on me, I am slowly learning how to play the guitar (I'm a singer myself) in honor of Amy, and I listen to her every SINGLE day. I even have a twitter account dedicated to Amy.

We will always miss her. At this point, (and I tell myself this everyday) I'm just glad I got to witness and LIVE in the era Amy was alive and known. She was a gift. ::virtual hugs::

Life is like a pipe, & I'm a tiny penny rolling up the walls inside. - Amy Winehouse "back to black"
Amy Jade Winehouse in my heart, mind, and ears FOREVER my lioness.

#32 Nineandfourteen

Nineandfourteen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

The only relevant think I said was that you might want to see a therapist a few times, more if needed. Amy might not actually be the problem. Another issue could come to light that is the reason behind these issues you're having. Happens all the time in therapy. In my opinion, with obsessing and grades falling, it's time to talk to someone. Good luck, glad you're here.

I don't think I could do therapy. What would my parents think?

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Not sure if what I'm writing you is "advice" but it takes comfort in knowing that you're not alone and I know exactly how you feel!

I'm glad to have found this forum because living in the USA, we weren't really expose to Amy and there isn't much love for Amy here like there is in the UK. When Amy died, I was alone. I was mourning her death and my friends and family were asking me "why are you sad about her? she was a druggy, that's what she gets..." So, I've been mourning her alone till I found this place in November (or October??) 2012, over a year after she died. If anything, this place has helped me cope with Amy's death better. There are times where I feel like crying, but I'll tell you, it will get better!

I coped with Amy in other ways. I got her tattooed on me, I am slowly learning how to play the guitar (I'm a singer myself) in honor of Amy, and I listen to her every SINGLE day. I even have a twitter account dedicated to Amy.

We will always miss her. At this point, (and I tell myself this everyday) I'm just glad I got to witness and LIVE in the era Amy was alive and known. She was a gift. ::virtual hugs::

I have to say that this post of yours truly touched me, as I am shedding a tear. I get the same reaction from people, saying its her fault, and other various mean things. I take that to heart because I feel like I've known Amy forever. Thank you for making my day much better. I'd love to sing like her, I have the deep Amy voice going for me, but I'm not talented at all.

#33 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

[quote name='Nineandfourteen']I don't think I could do therapy. What would my parents think?[COLOR="Silver"]

I guess that could be difficult.

#34 Nineandfourteen

Nineandfourteen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:50 AM

[quote name='pearljo'][quote name='Nineandfourteen']I don't think I could do therapy. What would my parents think?[COLOR="Silver"]

I guess that could be difficult.[/QUOTE]

they think I'm this perfect little model girl. I'm not. I have insecurities. I have problems. I cry. I am troubled at times. And I'll admit it

Edited by Nineandfourteen, 01 June 2013 - 01:05 AM.

#35 Eva

Eva

Banned Bitch!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:06 AM

Lol ru wroungs?

#36 Nineandfourteen

Nineandfourteen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:58 AM

Lol ru wroungs?

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are asking?

#37 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:20 AM

I don't know what she's asking either, hahah

#38 Nineandfourteen

Nineandfourteen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:24 AM

I don't know what she's asking either, hahah

Do ya think its a code name? I'm clueless!!

#39 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:06 AM

Sort of, she spelled it wrong unfortunately.

I have insecurities. I have problems. I cry. I am troubled at times. And I'll admit it

Therapy sounds perfect for you then!!

#40 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

I think that if something starts to interrupt you from doing everyday activities (such as doing good at school, waking up in the morning, dragging yourself to the fridge from time to time) it's time to get professional help. But who am I to judge? I am not a psychiatrist. I'm just a twenty year old from The Netherlands.

I can tell you one thing though, which is only my personal experience. When Amy passed away - I felt like a family member of me had passed. And I still do. Sometimes I still have trouble fighting the tears and other times I just have to bawl my eyes out. I think it's normal, dear. We all miss Amy so much.. *hugs*

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#41 Nineandfourteen

Nineandfourteen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

I can tell you one thing though, which is only my personal experience. When Amy passed away - I felt like a family member of me had passed. And I still do. Sometimes I still have trouble fighting the tears and other times I just have to bawl my eyes out. I think it's normal, dear. We all miss Amy so much.. *hugs*

Thank you so much for your kind words. Anytime Amy is even mentioned I tear up. I can't listen to some of her music in public, because ill just start crying. I'm glad I'm not alone, because we all miss her.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Sort of, she spelled it wrong unfortunately.

So what was she originally trying to say?

#42 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

^That you are wrougs.

Sometimes I still have trouble fighting the tears and other times I just have to bawl my eyes out.

I have to say girls I am not having this flow of emotion over Amy... maybe I need therapy. well, I know I do, but I mean for my pent up emotion.

#43 Nineandfourteen

Nineandfourteen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

^That you are wrougs.

I have to say girls I am not having this flow of emotion over Amy... maybe I need therapy. well, I know I do, but I mean for my pent up emotion.

hmm. I assume my tears aren't just for Amy, but also for other things in my life. I think Amy really brought them out for me though. When I rediscovered Amy, I started having a TON of flashbacks of my life. They were weird flashbacks, some totally irreverent to anything happening now. Mind you, I haven't been on this earth for a long time, so a girl can only remember so many things. But I just thought I'd share, for these reoccurring memories made me feel pretty bizarre.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Oh, and what is a wrougs?? I'm clueless

#44 dykehaze

dykehaze

What the fuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

[quote name='Nineandfourteen']I don't think I could do therapy. What would my parents think?

They would think you are nuts of course. You don't need therapy. All of the feelings you are experiencing are not that unusual. You are after all human right? There are so many people out there seeing therapists and taking medications when there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. It's an industry that's always looking for new customers. Stay away from therapists and drugs. Rejoice in your ability to feel and to love, to be happy and to be sad. These are all the things that make us what we are, human beings, not machines or mindless robots. We're people. We feel. This is the gift we are given. Cherish it.

#45 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

Umm why give therapists a bad rep? If you think it's bull, don't go to therapy, fine, but therapy isn't just for people who have something "wrong" with them, it's because you are human and sometimes you need to get things out or see it from a different view or self-reflect. Not everyone understands why they feel the way they do, or how to cope with those feelings. Therapy gives people tools.
So if your child needed someone to talk to other than you, you would think they're nuts? Or are you saying it's nuts that people think they need therapy?

Rejoice in your ability to feel and to love, to be happy and to be sad. These are all the things that make us what we are, human beings, not machines or mindless robots. We're people. We feel. This is the gift we are given. Cherish it.

I agree with this but not everyone knows how to feel... to cry to be happy to love... or express those feelings in a beneficial way.

Damn cynicism.

Edited by allisost, 01 June 2013 - 02:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users