What do you need

#77 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:16 AM

I have some thoughts on this but I don't know how to say it constructively. I don't see the point in making it just like her Wikipedia pages. I would keep it simple. A timeline of her life and career would make it more concise. I would not put emphasis on the men in her life because they really don't matter. I'd literally mention Blake once. There's so much you can say about Amy yet it doesn't all need to be on there in a paragraph. I know it's just the beginning stages. 

#78 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:51 AM

I don't see the point in making it just like her Wikipedia pages. I would keep it simple. A timeline of her life and career would make it more concise.

I agree.

#79 mudcrab

mudcrab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:30 AM

@OinkaOinka I think a big congratulations and thanks must be expressed for all your hard work in getting this started, and so far it looks very good indeed.

I do agree that sometime soon some decisions on 'policy' for and some members have already raised some things, I suppose the big one for me is do we just concentrate on Amy's Music and stay away completely from her personal life. The issue with that stance might be that her personal life in a lot of  ways shaped her music, so I guess a balance has to be found.     

• pattieboyd2 likes this

#80 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:31 AM

Matt Walton: Interviewing Amy at the Big Chill Festival in 2003 - http://theamyarchive...-festival-2003/

Check out the other updates on the site as well, hope you guys are starting to like the things on the fansite now! :)

• inwinoveritas, pattieboyd2 and Love is a losing game like this

#81 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:03 AM

Matt Walton: Interviewing Amy at the Big Chill Festival in 2003 - http://theamyarchive...-festival-2003/
Check out the other updates on the site as well, hope you guys are starting to like the things on the fansite now! :)

WOW the fansite is great! Well done@Oinka Oinka, I'm loving it, it's really what I was hoping for, performances, pics and interviews in chronological order with dates and details👍🏻👍🏻! Brill, thanx so much for all your hard work and congrats👏🏻👏🏻 and to everyone else who's supporting! Xxx

#82 inwinoveritas

inwinoveritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 05:44 PM

very interesting stuff, i guess, i disn't even know tthis intrview! nice job!

EDIT: uhm, i think, i know it. in't ita report abot the BBC collective interview, she gave in 2003, or am i wrong

but nice job. it must have taken hours, to find and searh everything and to load things up and write things down. thx for investing much oof your precious time, to make this HP happen.

#83 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:23 PM

WOW the fansite is great! Well done@Oinka Oinka, I'm loving it, it's really what I was hoping for, performances, pics and interviews in chronological order with dates and details! Brill, thanx so much for all your hard work and congrats and to everyone else who's supporting! Xxx

I'm glad you guys are liking it! :) wish I would have more time to do it! 2004, the next page is more difficult as there is a lot of events Amy attanded that year! I was wondering btw if I should put the date first or the place/event name like it is now?

very interesting stuff, i guess, i disn't even know tthis intrview! nice job!

EDIT: uhm, i think, i know it. in't ita report abot the BBC collective interview, she gave in 2003, or am i wrong

but nice job. it must have taken hours, to find and searh everything and to load things up and write things down. thx for investing much oof your precious time, to make this HP happen.

yeah its just the guy who was asking the questions from her in that interview is remembering that day, thats all really..

thanks for the feedback!! :) hope to make this smth really cool and nice detailed archive of her carreer and to show the world her brilliant talented side! and hopefully soon could sort out a nice unique design as well for the site and gallery!

#84 inwinoveritas

inwinoveritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:28 AM

you're welcome :)

as for the interview, its title was just relatively unknown to me, since i've never heard from a thing like a Big Chill Festival before.

#85 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:56 AM

She's supposedly performed at that festival in 2003 summer but we got absolutely no footage of that unfortunately :( that's where they caught her for a short interview and this guy was kind enough to share it with the world ;)
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#86 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:52 AM

I'm glad you guys are liking it! :) wish I would have more time to do it! 2004, the next page is more difficult as there is a lot of events Amy attanded that year! I was wondering btw if I should put the date first or the place/event name like it is now?

Either way it's fine, I'd prefer the date first to keep it tidier but don't worry I'm dates obsessed, don't want you to do be doing more work that you already have😉, see what the others say as well. Just a suggestion, keep it consistent eg 7 November 2003 (as supposed to 2003 November 7). Thanx x

#87 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:32 PM

Ok I'll start w dates then! I know it's just annoying cuz in my country dates r like 2015 12 07 and I find this much smarter cuz if u wanna look at smth from Amy even ud look at the year first anyways but I'll go w the English format then..gonna try put up first half of 2004 appearances today as it'd b too long in one post anyways! ;D

#88 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:04 PM

What do you think though? Don't change it just for me pls ☺ I told you I'm a bit OCD with that lol. English format defo coz Amy is English thanx@Oinka Oinka xx

#89 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:45 PM

What do you think though? Don't change it just for me pls ☺ I told you I'm a bit OCD with that lol. English format defo coz Amy is English thanx@Oinka Oinka xx

I changed it :D

#90 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:51 PM

Now that I'm finally done with the first half (even like this they might be too much on one page) of Amy's appearances from 2004, gonna post some photos in the photo section of this forum from gigs that I don't yet know where they took place and exactly when, hope you guys can clear them up so we could make this archive nice and accurate! ;)  do let me know if you have anything to add or you discovered smth that's incorrect, afterall, we should be doing this together for all Amy fans in the future! :P check out the reviews, photos and videos of Amy from 2004 January-June: http://theamyarchive...4-january-june/

Btw, still looking for people to help with the design, so if you or someone you know is good with photoshop and could help us out make the website's design truly unique and worthy for Amy then please let me know!! Thx :)

• melnyk and Love is a losing game like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users