116 replies to this topic

#1 Mike from NY

Mike from NY

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:09 AM

I can forgive the drugs because I know many addicts and they are not bad people plus countless greats were high as a kite on drugs. However her free Blakey stunt and he punching the fan have really turned me off. She has incredible talent but she has left such a bad taste in some people's mouths that many aren't even willing to listen. She doens't even seem like she wants to get better. I remember last year when I first heard I thought she would be the savior of music and she could have been but she has chosen to be a crackhead and embaress herself time and time again. I see her getting slammed left and right on other boards and truthfully I can't blame them because for the past year she has consistantly shown her worst side to the public. I am sorry if I offended anybody here but she has just been a huge letdown and the fact that she is capable of so much more makes it even worse. She could have been a legend in the making but instead has become a punchline and a joke and she has nobody to blame but herself. I will probably get slammed because of this thread but I am not the only fan to feel this way.

#2 good*freakin*times

good*freakin*times

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:39 AM

It's understandable to me. A lot of people are starting to like her less or getting worn out from defending her time and time again. There are times when I think "Man, she's not even the same person anymore." And then I think of how her family and friends feel. I don't like Amy less, but sometimes I feel like I can't even tolerate seeing, much less defend a lot of what she does. So I know how you feel. But I'm sticking with her cause I know she's worth it and so that I can rep her prouder when she comes back from this nastiness.

#3 moneymaker

moneymaker

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:14 AM

lol its kinda funny that shes still trying to sing while punching him or her. But in all seriousness its kinda sad to see her self destruct like this...

#4 ochaos007

ochaos007

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:17 AM

I understand perfectly.. so many people i know are always questioning why im such a big fan of her... and lately... i really dont know what to say...

#5 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:44 AM

do i like her the same? no

do i love her the same? yes

#6 Mono

Mono

down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:41 AM

i understand where you're coming from.

the things that i don't want to see are drunk performances and also the non-stop blake talk.
not what i would want to see on stage.

but that's what she's been doing for a while now.
so yesterday's performance didn't change my love for her.

#7 NicksFix

NicksFix

ava flies in paradise...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:50 AM

[/color]yeah... i can see where u are coming from, but amy has to figure this whole mess for herself and the whole thing about punching the fan i do agree with amy though, cause apparently that person grabbed her beehive and that was her initial reaction...to be honest i would have probably been more pissed off than she was....

I just really want to see more positives in amy's life more..and i have a feeling that things will get better for her..

#8 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:09 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 kittengirl1000

kittengirl1000

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:21 PM

I thought someone might of said something that had upset her that made her want to punch them.

#10 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:14 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth.

#11 loner_1

loner_1

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:48 PM

I liked the Amy before but I hate the Amy she has become but maybe she always had been this way and I couldn't see it. I always feel there is room for change, but a life with drugs is no life at all and there is no getting far with that. From seeing all the new media anyone can clearly see that she is still using. I excused Amy's behavior at first because I thought that she was a person like me going threw alot and for Amy, drugs was one of her ways of dealing with those problems and I was really supporting her. But now she is doing what she is doing and doesn't give shit and letting everyone know that she doesn't. On top of everything she admits that she doesn't want to be that girl that people feel sorry for or concerned about...maybe not in those words but it was said. I hoped too that Amy will shine again and get her stuff together but then I think about Blake. When he comes back around or gets more time what will happen then and will it be better??? I don't feel so but who knows... I feel now that Amy is only entertainment because that is all she wants it to be. She has her gigs, makes her money, and goes back to doing what she does...It's an even exchange. Despite her behavior, I come on this forum time to time because alot of people on here have alot of good things to say but as for Amy, I guess I am sitting back waiting to see the outcome of all of this mess...My life is not based around Amy's life and I just don't care about her behavior like I used to.

#12 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:05 PM

i can see where you are coming from and there must be an awful lot of people who feel the same
it seems amy doesnt like things to be getting the better of her
this is when drunk and drug fueled amy comes out to play i think
at first i didnt want to blame blake, because she is her own person
but it is scary at how much influence - even indirectly, he has over her life

am i disappointed in her? yes / do i think what she did was wrong? possibly / has my opinion/feelings changed? no
she is who she is, she does what she does, i still love her as a musician and as a person flaws and all

#13 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:27 PM

am i disappointed in her? yes / do i think what she did was wrong? possibly / has my opinion/feelings changed? no
she is who she is, she does what she does, i still love her as" a musician and as a person flaws and all......

DITTO for me.... I Love her. It's not like she tries to portray herself as someone she's not. That's what makes her so hard NOT to love. In her own word she tells us, "I am flawed". She's as real as it gets. End of story.

#14 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:46 PM

iam i disappointed in her? yes / do i think what she did was wrong? possibly / has my opinion/feelings changed? no
she is who she is, she does what she does, i still love her as a musician and as a person flaws and all

I agree 100% with this, Lee.

As I said before, Amy is what Amy is.

I don't condone what she does.

But, I have grown to understand what she is like, and to anticipate the worst and hope for the best.

To wish her to be different than what she is, is understandable, but not reality…at least, it’s not reality at the moment, and may never be Amy’s reality… only our wishful thinking…and, imo, this only fuels resentment toward her because of our unmet expectations, and then it becomes more about us than about her.

I will always have a place for her in my heart - “flaws and all”, and for her music…-in the same way that a mother has a place in her heart for a child, even an adult child, who may disappoint.

Amy is the one who has to live with Amy…not me…she has the harder job than me...hopefully, her family can help her help herself.

#15 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:20 PM

I will always love Amy for the inspiration her work has meant to me. I love watching old clips, where she could blow you away song after song. Someone posted an article that said something like she refused to use her strongest asset, her voice. So as a performer in the here an now, I would not pay to see her.
I hesitate to say this but I do have moments where I feel Amy feels like a doomed person to me. All the issues that brought her into hard drug use may be her undoing in the end. The fact that she goes on and on about Blake suggests to me she hasn't dealt with any of her "stuff".
I hope I haven't offended anyone here with my frankness. I want all the best for her personally and professionally, but I just don't see the best happening now or in the near future. She gives you glimpses of her greatness with one hand like at The Mandela gig, then takes it away with a drunken performance the next.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users