• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#31 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:22 AM

Oh it's so good to be back. I had to use the official forum yesterday & they seem to think that you're a hetr if you have any other opinion than she's wonderful.
I thought the Mandela concert was ropey & that she shouldn't have hijacked the lyrics & that Glasto was BAD. I thought it was Ok until I watched it again last night but it was a shambles. Go on now, all tell me you hate me xx

#32 Mike from NY

Mike from NY

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:43 AM

I watched an a accoustic version of Back to Black at what looked like a coffee shop and it was great so there is no excuse for her to be giving these sorry performances she gives now. She is capable of much better and when you look at old interviews she is obviously not a stupid person so there is no excuse for her to be doing the stupid things she does now. I am just tired of defending her and excusing her when she seems determined to make people not like her.

#33 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:43 AM

Oh it's so good to be back. I had to use the official forum yesterday & they seem to think that you're a hetr if you have any other opinion than she's wonderful.
I thought the Mandela concert was ropey & that she shouldn't have hijacked the lyrics & that Glasto was BAD. I thought it was Ok until I watched it again last night but it was a shambles. Go on now, all tell me you hate me xx

That's why I won't sign up on that forum. When this forum is down, I go over there to see what people think, but after reading only couple of posts I give up, cause god forbid someone actually makes a comment that doesn't show Amy as a saint!
People here know how to agree to disagree!

#34 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:17 PM

That's why I won't sign up on that forum. When this forum is down, I go over there to see what people think, but after reading only couple of posts I give up, cause god forbid someone actually makes a comment that doesn't show Amy as a saint!
People here know how to agree to disagree!

Exactly, they made me feel like a murderer or something

#35 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:24 PM

It's strange but since this weekend I've actually started to like Amy even more. I just thought it was gutsy and brave of her to get out there and sing after all the bad press she's had. I know her troubles aren't over but at least her spirit's not broken.

#36 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:56 PM

Kyla - how DARE YOU say anything even remotely negative about Amy! :lol: I took a look at that forum myself, and I spent about 5 minutes there; that was enough for me. Too much fighting and nastiness!!!

#37 black

black

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:00 PM

I know I am not attracted to men but the hell does anybody see in Black anyway? She is going crazy and ruining her life over that?

I don't know; I keep telling her I'm not worthy of her but she just keeps coming back. No wonder I'm bloody tired.

#38 SallyParadise

SallyParadise

I am the lizard-queen!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:22 PM

Since I am goin through all this for about 1 and a half year - I sometimes ask my self "when will it be enough?" - I described what I felt when I first discovered Amy in February 2007 in the "Hello Newmember"-section.

"liking" yes or no ___is no topic for me to think about. What connects me and this woman (how pretentious this ever maybe) is destiny - there is nothing what I could actively do for or against it.

I identify with her ___maybe in an unhealthy way _ in a very strong manner - like ___she is me and I am her. Difficult to put into words but I hope some of you will understand that by heart.

Oh, boy - very often I think if I would be in her shoes - When I was 24 I did nearly everything that she does now and looking back I am happy that not every devious step I made was reported in the tabloids..... - not even my latest drunken sail on the Reeperbahn 2 weeks ago....

Good news for you - I survived! - Yep. As said before - she won't die before aged 27 - I know this is weird and cynical - but maybe one day you will remember my words..... (no witchcraft behind)....

Crucify me but I think Amy's voice is definitely not what it had been. High notes seem to be impossible for her. Again I have to unearth my good old friend Jim Morrison. If you are knowing the early and the late Door's songs you might know that his voice changed a lot (to a more bluesy way) during his time - made by alcohol and other drugs.

I am hoping for this to happen with Amy' s voice....I don't think there is a way back....let's look forward.....

Und wenn sie noch einmal "Blake" oder "Blakey" singt fahre ich doch noch nach London und versohle ihr ihren kleinen Hintern. Ich kann es nicht mehr hören!!!

#39 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:25 PM

Mike from NY Wrote:
I know I am not attracted to men but the hell does anybody see in Black anyway? She is going crazy and ruining her life over that?

I don't know; I keep telling her I'm not worthy of her but she just keeps coming back. No wonder I'm bloody tired.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#40 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:34 PM

Crucify me but I think Amy's voice is definitely not what it had been. High notes seem to be impossible for her. Again I have to unearth my good old friend Jim Morrison. If you are knowing the early and the late Door's songs you might know that his voice changed a lot (to a more bluessy way) during his time - made by alcohol and other drugs.

I am hoping for this to happen with Amy' s voice....I don't think there is a way back....let's look forward.....

I agree, her voice is changing and the Amy of the Frank era may never be heard again. That doesn't mean she's finished as an artist. Look at Marianne Faithfull, her voice went from angelic to raspy but she's still making great records. We just have to hope Amy survives past 27...

And yes, if I'd been famous in my 20s the press would've had a field day. Disapproval only makes her more rebellious...

#41 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:35 PM

Can't the heffer get her ass together so we can love her again!!!!

#42 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:38 PM

Can't the heffer get her ass together so we can love her again!!!!

We'll probably keep on loving her, whether she likes it or not...;)

#43 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:42 PM

Exactly, they made me feel like a murderer or something

If you're a murderer then I'm a psychotic serial killer.

#44 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:43 PM

I watched an a accoustic version of Back to Black at what looked like a coffee shop and it was great so there is no excuse for her to be giving these sorry performances she gives now. She is capable of much better and when you look at old interviews she is obviously not a stupid person so there is no excuse for her to be doing the stupid things she does now. I am just tired of defending her and excusing her when she seems determined to make people not like her.

I agree with you 100%. Not to put it all on Blake, but since her association with him she's cultivated this rebel outcast drug taking persona which she doesn't need. I don't get it.

#45 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:51 PM

If you're a murderer then I'm a psychotic serial killer.

Are you JayneW on there?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users