68 replies to this topic

#46 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:41 AM

Even her dad reflected on this capacity once....don't remember the quote...the one about how she could get up and do marvelous things, even when so far under...things that a normal person would not be capable of....where is Sarahbol when you need her? lol

Sarah has deputized me to respond in her absence:

She's forever working on new material, Mitch Winehouse told the Times of London. "Amy can be creative when most other people would be checking into a hospice. When she can hardly stand up, she's got her books in front of her, scribbling away," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2...ouse/index.html

I always liked that quote.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#47 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:15 AM

I was not too pleased to read this story but on the other hand, at one point I wasn't sure if Amy would survive 2008. I try to focus on her talent and not her flaws, which is difficult sometimes with all the press coverage. Love that quote Dave, very inspiring!
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#48 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:56 AM

I remember when those first pictures of her topless in St. Lucia were posted. Some of us didn't think they were real!

Then I remember a while back those pictures being posted of Amy after not hearing about her for a few weeks, and she was getting into a car with her ballet pumps and the head scarf, and the one where she was smiling:

Posted Image Posted Image

And remember how we thought she looked better in these?
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#49 erickonasis

erickonasis

Back 2 Black >

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

^^^You're right she didnt look too good in those compared to the recent ones in terms of health
Posted Image

#50 antceleb12

antceleb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:01 AM

Imagine how she'll look, if this process continues, 6 months from now. :o
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#51 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:35 PM

Sarah has deputized me to respond in her absence:

http://www.cnn.com/2...ouse/index.html

I always liked that quote.

Thanks Dave!

At the end, there's this: (sums up a lot)

In 2007, a Rolling Stone writer asked her what she thought was her worst vice. Her reply captured both her allure and her flaws.

"Mainly that I'm quite reckless and always throw caution to the wind," she said
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#52 antceleb12

antceleb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:38 AM

"Mainly that I'm quite reckless and always throw caution to the wind," she said

See, Amy is great because she's not someone who's in denial. She knows she has problems. She just doesn't care!
Posted Image

#53 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:58 AM

See, Amy is great because she's not someone who's in denial. She knows she has problems. She just doesn't care!

I don't think she doesn't care.. I think that when you're in so deep, sometimes it seems as if you cannot figure a way out. A girl with a heart as big as Amy's wouldn't intentially put her loved ones through the crap she has if she knew her way out. It's just while under the influence, it's easy to say whatever.. and act as if it doesn't hurt.. but knowing how deeply things affect her.. you know it does. People without a soul don't write the stuff this girl has written.

Edited by manic_blue, 12 January 2009 - 03:07 AM.

He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#54 antceleb12

antceleb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:00 AM

I don't think she doesn't care.. I think that when you're in so deep, sometimes it seems as if you cannot figure a way out. A girl with a heart as big as Amy's wouldn't intentially put her loved ones through the crap she has if she knew her way out. It's just while under the influence, it's easy to say whatever.. and act as if it doesn't hurt.. but knowing how deeply things affect her.. you know it does. People with no soul don't write the stuff this girl has written.

I mean, she doesn't put on a front. She just acts how she is inside, most of the time.
Posted Image

#55 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:06 AM

I mean, she doesn't put on a front. She just acts how she is inside, most of the time.

Agreed!!!! I think that's why I relate so closely to her.. I wear my heart on my sleeve as well. People who feel so deeply cannot help themselves for the most part.

Edited by manic_blue, 12 January 2009 - 03:09 AM.

He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#56 antceleb12

antceleb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:54 AM

Agreed!!!! I think that's why I relate so closely to her.. I wear my heart on my sleeve as well. People who feel so deeply cannot help themselves for the most part.

I'm the same way. I'm like Amy in the sense that I really care for people, and I just give and give.
Posted Image

#57 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:30 PM

From Contactmusic... Now Mitch is in the picture

AMY WINEHOUSE - DEVASTATED WINEHOUSE FLYS DAD TO PARADISE AFTER NEW BEAU'S DEPARTURE

Troubled singer AMY WINEHOUSE has reportedly begged her dad to join her on holiday in St Lucia to comfort her after reported new beau JOSHUA BOWMAN returned to the U.K.
The Rehab hitmaker escaped to the Caribbean island in December (08) and has since been snapped by paparazzi cuddling up to the clean-cut former rugby player and looking healthy.
And she insists she is so happy spending time with Bowman she hasn't been tempted to use any drugs - and is even considering staying in the Caribbean permanently, telling reporters she's feels the best she has in years.
In a candid interview with Britain's News of the World newspaper, Winehouse compared handsome Bowman to her incacerated husband Blake Fielder-Civil, stating she loved the huge differences between the two men.
But the singer has reportedly now been left devastated by Bowman's departure from the paradise resort, and has jetted in her father Mitch to provide some comfort.
A source tells U.K. newspaper The Sun, "She has been calling Mitch every day to tell him she is totally besotted. Mitch wants him to know he will have their support."
An insider at the hotel adds, "Amy was very upset. She was in tears and kept telling Josh she love him and would see him agains soon."
Jailed Fielder-Civil reportedly started divorce proceedings last week (begs05Jan09) to end the couple's 20-month marriage on the ground's of adultery.

01/12/2009 07:32:16 AM

/QUOTE]

#58 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:57 PM

Poor girl! She may appear healthier on the outside, but it's clear she is still very fragile within. Emotionally she's not even close to being ready for a serious realtionship, but childlike as she is, it seems she cannot help herself from falling. Big hearts betray you that way.

#59 erickonasis

erickonasis

Back 2 Black >

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:03 PM

From Contactmusic... Now Mitch is in the picture

AMY WINEHOUSE - DEVASTATED WINEHOUSE FLYS DAD TO PARADISE AFTER NEW BEAU'S DEPARTURE

Troubled singer AMY WINEHOUSE has reportedly begged her dad to join her on holiday in St Lucia to comfort her after reported new beau JOSHUA BOWMAN returned to the U.K.
The Rehab hitmaker escaped to the Caribbean island in December (08) and has since been snapped by paparazzi cuddling up to the clean-cut former rugby player and looking healthy.
And she insists she is so happy spending time with Bowman she hasn't been tempted to use any drugs - and is even considering staying in the Caribbean permanently, telling reporters she's feels the best she has in years.
In a candid interview with Britain's News of the World newspaper, Winehouse compared handsome Bowman to her incacerated husband Blake Fielder-Civil, stating she loved the huge differences between the two men.
But the singer has reportedly now been left devastated by Bowman's departure from the paradise resort, and has jetted in her father Mitch to provide some comfort.
A source tells U.K. newspaper The Sun, "She has been calling Mitch every day to tell him she is totally besotted. Mitch wants him to know he will have their support."
An insider at the hotel adds, "Amy was very upset. She was in tears and kept telling Josh she love him and would see him agains soon."
Jailed Fielder-Civil reportedly started divorce proceedings last week (begs05Jan09) to end the couple's 20-month marriage on the ground's of adultery.

01/12/2009 07:32:16 AM

/QUOTE]

I knew it......She definitely doesnt need to go home now but she needs to get some counseling while shes down there because eventually shes gotta go back. Sure she is / was having a great time but theres only but so long you can escape / run from yourself
Posted Image

#60 antceleb12

antceleb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:52 PM

At least she's calling in her dad, and not shooting up drugs. That's the good thing.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users