• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#1 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:31 PM

She may still be stumbling around town having the odd booze bender. But it appears Amy Winehouse is a lot more together than we all thought.
She’s preparing to make her TV comeback with a live performance this September.
Amazingly it’s not going to be stumbling and mumbling across a stage at a end of a summer festival... it’s going to be in front of millions of viewers on BBC1’s Strictly Come Dancing.
Yes, you heard me correctly. The beehived ex- junkie is supposedly going to pull herself together enough to appear as a backing singer for her 13-year-old goddaughter Dionne Bromfield in late September.
Metropolis Management have been having talks for weeks with Strictly and are close to signing on the dotted line. Dionne – who is Amy’s first signing to her brand new record label – will sing her debut single while Amy and Zalon hold court behind her as professional dancers perform a routine to the studio audience.
A source close to Amy reveals: “She’ll do anything to help Dionne become a huge success, and Strictly was just too big an opportunity for them to not take.
Amy immediately agreed to doing it despite only recently getting off the drugs.
“Obviously everybody’s extremely nervous about the appearance but the team are confident Amy could make it work and really do some good for Dionne. She’s promised to not mess it up on the night.
“Strictly have made it a priority to sign Amy and will stop at nothing to have her. X Factor have upped their game with the likes of Madonna and Robbie Williams in talks. So bagging Amy would be a real coup.”
Dionne – I wish you well. I just hope this isn’t a Britney-on-X-Factor-style performance... remembered for all the wrong reasons.

http://www.mirror.co...15875-21599216/

#2 DontClipMyWings

DontClipMyWings

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:16 AM

omg i want tickets!
"Your wondering now, what to do, now you know this is the end. Your wondering how, you will pay, for the way you misbehaved."

#3 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:02 AM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Me too<3
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#4 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:14 AM

Strictly come bullshitting.

#5 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:30 PM

Dionne is saying it as well on FB I'm so happy!!!!
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#6 Amanda

Amanda

Love is blind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:57 PM

OMG!!

Can't wait to see her in public again!!

Need to see a glimpse of the old Amy!!!
Posted Image

#7 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:52 PM

If it happens, then that would be her come-back gig, and it's a good choice, as it seems low profile, as she'll be "just" a guest performer in a tv-show, like Duffy who went before her (with her hit-single Mercy), but it's stealthily actually very high profile, as half (just a guess) of Britain watches Strictly, which means that a LOT of Brits would be seeing and hearing her, so I hope that it'll happen.

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 16 August 2009 - 11:57 PM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#8 WinehouseFAN08

WinehouseFAN08

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:47 PM

=D People will be able to see her in a new light and forget the past hopefully :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tonight the light of love is in your eyes.. Will you love me tomorrow?

&&WithEverydayThatPasses.. IMissYouALittleBitMore..10/3/09..ILoveYouLudo

WeWillBeTogetherAgainSoon

#9 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:03 PM

If she messes up I'll mess her up! Can't do that to Dionne.
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#10 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:26 PM

Some more positive news; cool :)

#11 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 04:49 PM

What happened? The show's site says Andy Williams is performing tonight.

#12 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:40 AM

^ It was indeed Andy Williams, with Moonriver. I like Andy Williams, saw a lot of his shows in the early seventies, but I was also hoping, half expecting, since the rumour started, that Dionne and Amy would perform. Maybe later in the series. But I definitely most want to see Amy on Later, Jools Holland's music show, again, as it is probably the best possible environment for her to perform in.
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#13 Amanda

Amanda

Love is blind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:03 PM

What happened? The show's site says Andy Williams is performing tonight.

Alan as far as I know she's on NEXT Saturday (10th October).

My son talks to Dionne on facebook and thats the date she said to him a few weeks back.
Posted Image

#14 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:02 PM

^ Oh, I hope it's true. I'm following Strictly anyway, being a fan (almost) from the start, so it'd be an incredible bonus if my favourite artist performed on my favourite show, even if she's "just" doing backing vocals for Dionne. There will be a professional dancing couple performing while they're performing, which is a beautiful combination.

#15 Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Dark Pandora

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:41 AM

backing vocals.... is just wrong for her image...:x
and a LOOOOT of people won't see it, because of X Factor :(
R.I.P.
Amy Winehouse

Forever in our hearts, shall we meet in Heaven this time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users