Photo
- - - - -

Tour 2011

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think Amy will debut new material in the summer gigs? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think Amy will debut new material in the summer gigs?

1. YES!! (16 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. No.. (4 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#136 Muchloveria

Muchloveria

...or bouffant on it's curl...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:15 AM

ya i'm a philly gurl ;o)

guys...i kinda said before all this that the blake baby thing would cause a relapse...and it is odd right after it that she did in fact relapse. i really still believe she is not over it. i just think this is what its about.
tumblr_lfcaafF1LO1qc41muo1_500.giftumblr_ld3ynhqfW91qabdjm.gif
"...behavioral patterns that stick over the years..."

amyjademermaid.tumblr.com

#137 Muchloveria

Muchloveria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:17 AM

She was banned from touching alcohol after a recent stint in rehab. A source said: “We all thought this 12-date tour would be a new start but it has come too soon. We don’t know what went wrong. A lot of her mates think she should retire from the music scene for a lot longer, maybe even for good.”
(from the Daily Star)

#138 Guest_LetThemEatCake_*

Guest_LetThemEatCake_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:11 AM

I don't think any one is enabling her. She's self destructive.

I'm going to defend the band here; there job is to be on stage. They can't cancel a show even if they wanted to. Thats on Amy and her manager but at some point, you go on or you don't. She clearly crossed that threshold and got messed up before she went on. And whoevers gonna blame the manager, say he tells her no and cancels it anyway, all she has to do is fire him and find a replacement.

Someone brought up Britney and recommend that the same should happen to Amy. If any of you actually pay attention to her, Britney is a medicated zombie with absolutely no freedom or say so in her life or career. Most of her fans are unhappy about it. She shows up and looks happy but her life is ran for her in every aspect.

From Mitch's tweets, good for him for clearing that up despite it being obvious. More importantly, it sounds like this is more than a momentary misstep. *sigh*

It seems like on Some Unholy War she came back and realized what was happening but idk

Well at least Britney is alive, healthy, has two sons and has stepped away from being on the brink of death. Amy on the other hand...

#139 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:45 AM

Amy the musician would die if that were to happen

#140 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:08 AM

Bullshit on her 'not knowing the words', she wrote the damned words.

This is what happens when money trumps well-being. I'm so disgusted with her 'people' and record company. Was she videoed saying 'she was raring to go'? No! The record company is making her perform to recoup all of the money spent on lavish trips, hotels, partying, etc. IOW, she's got bills to pay. She's clearly not in the condition to perform, crossing her arms, throwing the mic and stand. I think the record company is going to drop her soon. In a way, it would be best to just leave her be.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#141 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:22 AM

Totally obvious....Amy needs to be on meds for her emotional mental issues. Something to equalize her brain.....She has been using drugs at a very young age right? Something like 14 or so....Smoking pot... drinking......occasional coke. It's been very consistent drug alcohol abuse for over 10 years. She started young when her brain was developing I thing she is def bipolar and needs to top self medicating. She has just traded one addiciton for another over the years. I don't really blame Blake because she was missing gigs way before him due to drunkeness and when she got with him she was missing gigs due to heroin/crack and now she's not with him and she's missing screwing up gigs again. She is sick. Really really sick plus she has suffered from bulimia cutting anorexia etc etc parental abandonment(mitch). Even though they are close it affects a womans psyche deeply. Thats a lot of shit......
she needs to retire for a while. I would like to hear new music but as far as I am concerned she has written one of the most original, unique classic for the long haul albums ever.
And even if she never writes another we'll be talking about that B2B for decades...........
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#142 Guest_LetThemEatCake_*

Guest_LetThemEatCake_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:35 AM

Amy the musician would die if that were to happen

If that means she'll be happy and ALIVE, then so be it. I'd rather she retired than died pathetically at 27.

#143 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:37 AM

D-Bomb made some great points. Getting pissed at the band is a moot point. I've calmed down, somewhat. :) The management and band work for her, it's their job to go on with the show, no matter what. The record company, Winehouse's employer, has to put an end to this. During these tough economic times, people want their money's worth. My local news just showed a video, it's everywhere.

I still think the record company is profitting off of a very sick young woman. People are just going to see how bad or good Winehouse performs. It's like watching a tightrope walker, you pray that they'll get to the other side in one piece. Just the thought of walking across a thin piece of rope is part of the danger and suspense. Sadly, it's become the basis of Winehouse's shows.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#144 Guest_LetThemEatCake_*

Guest_LetThemEatCake_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:42 AM

Totally obvious....Amy needs to be on meds for her emotional mental issues. Something to equalize her brain.....She has been using drugs at a very young age right? Something like 14 or so....Smoking pot... drinking......occasional coke. It's been very consistent drug alcohol abuse for over 10 years. She started young when her brain was developing I thing she is def bipolar and needs to top self medicating. She has just traded one addiciton for another over the years. I don't really blame Blake because she was missing gigs way before him due to drunkeness and when she got with him she was missing gigs due to heroin/crack and now she's not with him and she's missing screwing up gigs again. She is sick. Really really sick plus she has suffered from bulimia cutting anorexia etc etc parental abandonment(mitch). Even though they are close it affects a womans psyche deeply. Thats a lot of shit......
she needs to retire for a while. I would like to hear new music but as far as I am concerned she has written one of the most original, unique classic for the long haul albums ever.
And even if she never writes another we'll be talking about that B2B for decades...........

I hope my comment doesn't upset anyone but sometimes she seems like a mentally challenged person, almost as if she had brain damage.

I have no idea what's going on, I mean I am reminded of Courtney Love whom everyone viewed as the biggest out of control drug addict in the world, yet she is alive, well into her 40's and never was like Amy at her lowest point.

I remember that period of 2007-09 when she was walking around, with infections in her skin, looking like a pauper or a homeless person, it's too much, I don't think there has ever been such a massive public breakdown.

I'm also starting to believe she doesn't have the strength to survive massive drug addiction and mental illness, like Courtney has been able to survive. So sad.

#145 Guest_LetThemEatCake_*

Guest_LetThemEatCake_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:50 AM

D-Bomb made some great points. Getting pissed at the band is a moot point. I've calmed down, somewhat. :) The management and band work for her, it's their job to go on with the show, no matter what. The record company, Winehouse's employer, has to put an end to this. During these tough economic times, people want their money's worth. My local news just showed a video, it's everywhere.

I still think the record company is profitting off of a very sick young woman. People are just going to see how bad or good Winehouse performs. It's like watching a tightrope walker, you pray that they'll get to the other side in one piece. Just the thought of walking across a thin piece of rope is part of the danger and suspense. Sadly, it's become the basis of Winehouse's shows.

I don't think the show must go on applies in this situation where she was clearly incapable of performing and shouldn't have been allowed to.

The only people that profitted(sp?) from this debacle are Zalon and everyone that works for her, and they made money at the expense of her reputation and dignity and the public's hard earned money who payed to see a worthless show, didn't get their money's worth and as far as I know haven't been refunded and won't be given the money that's now in Zalon and co.'s pocket. It's despicable from beginning to end and I don't see how anyone can justify the people around her at this point.

#146 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:09 AM

If that means she'll be happy and ALIVE, then so be it. I'd rather she retired than died pathetically at 27.

Britney is not happy. She's a 30 year old child basically. Amy needs some help sure but a 4 year strict conservatory is not the answer for her or Britney.
I truly believe Amy was doing well for a very long while and whatever was helping then is probably the answer IMO.

#147 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:12 AM

Bullshit on her 'not knowing the words', she wrote the damned words.

This is what happens when money trumps well-being. I'm so disgusted with her 'people' and record company. Was she videoed saying 'she was raring to go'? No! The record company is making her perform to recoup all of the money spent on lavish trips, hotels, partying, etc. IOW, she's got bills to pay. She's clearly not in the condition to perform, crossing her arms, throwing the mic and stand. I think the record company is going to drop her soon. In a way, it would be best to just leave her be.

Really? Record labels don't make money from tours. Albums are their thing. If anything, touring and endorsements and then publishing are a musicians
bread and butter.

Can everyone stop looking for someone to bitch at. We ALL thought Amy was in good shape until a few weeks ago so lets not act like she's been spiraling forever and she was in a bad state when they obligated to do these shows. We know how long these shows have been scheduled and everyone who bought a ticket thought she was ok to perform as well.

They can care and do this, that, and the third but they can't babysit her
24/7 or act on her behalf. Addiction and destructive behavior aren't always cut and dry and the same thing doesn't work for everyone.

Hopefully she quickly gets back on track. She was doing well for so long so let's just hope she swiftly returns to that and it's permanent this time.

Edited by D-Bomb, 20 June 2011 - 08:26 AM.

#148 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:36 AM

2x post

Edited by D-Bomb, 20 June 2011 - 08:33 PM.

#149 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:41 AM

I don't think the show must go on applies in this situation where she was clearly incapable of performing and shouldn't have been allowed to.

The only people that profitted(sp?) from this debacle are Zalon and everyone that works for her, and they made money at the expense of her reputation and dignity and the public's hard earned money who payed to see a worthless show, didn't get their money's worth and as far as I know haven't been refunded and won't be given the money that's now in Zalon and co.'s pocket. It's despicable from beginning to end and I don't see how anyone can justify the people around her at this point.

They don't even make enough money to justify that so forgive them for needing a job. Why are you acting like Zalon is raking in massive amounts of money for these gigs? He gets paid whatever and that's that. Backing musicians are not rich by any means.

AMY'S BEHAVIOR IS NOT IN THEIR HANDS.

Seriously, are they supposed to handcuff her back stage and preach at her? Tell me, what the hell are they supposed to do?

They can talk to her, maybe you shouldn't do this but unless they're cheering
her to get fucked up and then egging her to get on stage, they're irrelevant.

If the show had been cancelled right before she was supposed to go on, she would have saved faced but their would still be a fall out and people wanting their money back- which it's a multi artist show so they didn't just pay to see her so it's not happening.

#150 Muchloveria

Muchloveria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:19 PM

watching the HD version of Some Unholy War...when she sings "B - i would've died too" she literally breaks down ...sad sad sad maybe she shouldn't sing those songs anymore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users