Photo
- - - - -

Tour 2011

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think Amy will debut new material in the summer gigs? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think Amy will debut new material in the summer gigs?

1. YES!! (16 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. No.. (4 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#151 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:20 PM

I heard lapeep mention bipolar so I thought I would weigh in on the matter since I'm bipolar. I said many times here that I think Amy is bpd, borderline personality disorder but I've learned what I already knew. I cannot diagnose her from afar and neither can anyone else. Psychiatrists themselves have a hard time diagnosing these spectrums of mental illness. It doesn't mean that we can't voice our opinion and anyone of us could be right...or wrong.
I do know this, something is fkd up judging by her behavior and the very last things she needs is a substance abuse problem. 60% of bipolars have substance abuse problems-mostly alcohol. And that combination is why bipolar has the highest suicide rate of any mental illness.
Whatever is going on, she needs to confront it now.

#152 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

I'm speachless and heartbroken.
Posted Image

#153 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:54 PM

Taken from an interview in 2006:

Amy Winehouse, 23, the singer-songwriter, recently spoke about her " addictive personality" and brief time in rehab. Amy, who this year admitted drinking too much, said she refuses to take medication, even though clinically diagnosed as a manic depressive. Of her visit to rehab, she said: "The fella in charge said: 'Why are you here?', and I said: 'Well, I think I've come here because I'm drinking a lot. But I'm in love and the drinking is symptomatic of my depression. I'm not an alcoholic.'" She left. Her new single "Rehab" is released next month.

Is manic depressive an old term for Bi-polar I know it's probably far more complicated than that. I hope she gets the help and they find the right level of medication and more importantly she takes it.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#154 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:52 PM

Yeah, bipolar is manic depression. I prefer the term manic depression because it really describes what the disease is and does. Straight depression is called unipolar depression.
Sounds like she has the diagnosis. Left untreated the disease gets worse, more intense, and you can start having more episodes more often. Generally you get manic for a period of time then immediately slide into clinical depression. BP depression tends to be worse than unipolar depression. Many people don't want meds or aren't compliant in taking them because generally mania is fun. When it progresses to psychotic mania it ain't so fun anymore.
Don't get me started, I can talk about this stuff forever but I think it's important in this case. Sorry if I bore people with this.

#155 Guest_LetThemEatCake_*

Guest_LetThemEatCake_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

watching the HD version of Some Unholy War...when she sings "B - i would've died too" she literally breaks down ...sad sad sad maybe she shouldn't sing those songs anymore

I thought she was over blake =(

#156 Guest_LetThemEatCake_*

Guest_LetThemEatCake_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:04 PM

They don't even make enough money to justify that so forgive them for needing a job. Why are you acting like Zalon is raking in massive amounts of money for these gigs? He gets paid whatever and that's that. Backing musicians are not rich by any means.

AMY'S BEHAVIOR IS NOT IN THEIR HANDS.

Seriously, are they supposed to handcuff her back stage and preach at her? Tell me, what the hell are they supposed to do?

They can talk to her, maybe you shouldn't do this but unless they're cheering
her to get fucked up and then egging her to get on stage, they're irrelevant.

If the show had been cancelled right before she was supposed to go on, she would have saved faced but their would still be a fall out and people wanting their money back- which it's a multi artist show so they didn't just pay to see her so it's not happening.

None of what you are saying makes the little bit of sense. There is no way in hell they didn't know about her condition before going out on stage, probably even hours earlier, their behavior as management/coworkers is inexcusable, they shouldn't have allowed her to perform and should've cancelled the show, it's what any decent manager/coworker/band member would've done but I guess the money is too good for them to do the right thing.

#157 Amanda

Amanda

Love is blind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

http://www.dailymail...t-backlash.html

Concert organisers meanwhile are trying to find where the singer obtained whatever it was that had made her seem intoxicated - warning that they might seek compensation if it turned out to be the hotel or someone related to the event that had agreed to keep alcohol away from the star.

WTF!!!! How old is she that they think she could sue because she pure it down her neck!!
Posted Image

#158 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

i didn't mean to infer that I could diagnose sorry to offend anyone. What i meant to say is I think she may have a chemical imbalance that would probably do her good to be on meds.
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#159 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:01 PM

aw, lapeep I didn't mean anything in that way. truely didn't mean that so sorry it came out wrong. besides you were right. this is all so exhausting when amy slips.

#160 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:41 PM

Was Amy Winehouse's Belgrade gig really that bad?The Valerie singer's performance was a mess, but that's what made it rock'n'roll

Amy Winehouse's gig in Belgrade has been called the worst concert ever to take place in the city. Even Serbian defence minister Dragan Sutanovac put the boot in, calling it "a huge shame and a disappointment".

Audience members have inundated YouTube with clips from the concert showing a sozzled Winehouse leading a startled backing dancer to sing Valerie, taking her shoe off for no apparent reason, and giving up halfway through Just Friends in order to introduce the band – whose names she struggles to remember.

Much has been made of the fact that audience members paid £35 a ticket in a country where the average wage is £274 a month – though that is hardly her fault.

Yet was the gig really that bad? While addiction is clearly no laughing matter, the elements of the gig Winehouse is being pilloried for are praised in other musicians. As music critic Simon Price pointed out on Twitter, when Bob Dylan renders his back catalogue unrecognisable, as he did in London's Finsbury Park at the weekend, people think he's a maverick genius. When Arctic Monkeys frontman Alex Turner stops singing Mardy Bum and lets the crowd take over, people applaud it as a communal moment. When Robbie Williams has a wardrobe malfunction – according to the Sun, his penis fell out onstage in Dublin – it's a laugh rather than a cause for concern.

Winehouse is now typecast as a troubled diva. Yet watching her rendition of Back to Black on YouTube, to my ears it's not even that bad. Sure she sings around the tune, but she's always done that – she's a jazz singer. Her rendition of Just Friends is listless (to put it mildly), but it never had much of a tune in the first place. Though admittedly hindered by booze, the musician in Winehouse is still trying to put a new spin on songs she must be heartily sick of by now. If the people of Belgrade wanted note-perfect versions, perhaps they should have stayed at home and listened to the records.

http://www.guardian....ade-gig-valerie
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#161 ditavt

ditavt

The final frame...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:18 PM

Is the person who wrote that Guardian article smokin reefer?!

Yes it really WAS that bad, judging by the youtube footage. Alex Turner letting the crowd song is a good, positive gig moment, Robbie Williams' dick falling out isn't really a cause for concern and Bob Dylan is changing up song arrangements because he is actively giving them a new spin, not messing them up.

I really don't know how to feel. I'd like to think of this as a wake up call but there's been so many opportunities before.

I wish Amy the best and really hope she gets well <3

#162 veronika

veronika

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:38 PM

I don't think its about her looking better physically, or not sounding as disastrous as other performances vocally, but what made the show a disappointment for me was that she did not seem to be there at all, it was just.. odd. :(

like phil said, its also sad that when she does something wrong the whole world needs to see it but if she does good, just some of us aknowledge it. what a messed up place this world is.
Posted Image

#163 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:06 PM

dylan has played tons of gigs totally incoherent and he does it just to fuck with people.
while amy was really a disaster it truly is a chance you take. I'm not saying she was right at all but people know her past.
they have a right to a great show but you'd have to have your head buried in the sand to believe 100% that that's what you're going to get.
at this point in time or maybe here on out you roll the dice.
if you buy a new car that is known for transmission problems 80% of the time, then yours goes out. sorry, that's a $30 thousand mistake.
do your homework and realize that maybe 8 out of 10 times you're going to see a bad show with amy and when it happens, did you consider the odds?
we're her biggest fans here but if she came to austin tomorrow, sorry, I'll buy the video.
people love a comeback and hopefully she'll provide it but in the meantime, go see adele and put off your dreams for amy. or go see her, it's your money.

#164 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:27 PM

I thought she was over blake =(

I don't see that ever happening. Ever.
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#165 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:36 PM

Really? Record labels don't make money from tours. Albums are their thing. If anything, touring and endorsements and then publishing are a musicians
bread and butter.

Can everyone stop looking for someone to bitch at. We ALL thought Amy was in good shape until a few weeks ago so lets not act like she's been spiraling forever and she was in a bad state when they obligated to do these shows. We know how long these shows have been scheduled and everyone who bought a ticket thought she was ok to perform as well.

They can care and do this, that, and the third but they can't babysit her
24/7 or act on her behalf. Addiction and destructive behavior aren't always cut and dry and the same thing doesn't work for everyone.

Hopefully she quickly gets back on track. She was doing well for so long so let's just hope she swiftly returns to that and it's permanent this time.

Wow, I love you, too. :-/ I posted afterwards that I'd agreed with you that it's not her band or management's responsibility. Plus, I'd calmed after thinking about the situation. ITA w/you that the responsibility lies on Winehouse's shoulders and her shoulders, alone. BTW, concerts are to pay for promotion, videos, etc. D-Bomb, we can agree to disagree, just do it in an agreeable manner? Peace?
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users