Photo
- - - - -

Quotes?

amy winehouse quotes

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:53 PM

Blah,I didn't know where to post this. Feel completely free to remove it. I was just wondering,is there any previous thread we were posting Amy quotes? And if there's not...we might as well start one? She's simply said some amazing lines and it'd be nice if we could collect some.
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#2 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:18 PM

"I want people to hear my voice and just . . . forget their troubles for five minutes." - Amy at 13

#3 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:44 PM

"I say things in songs,I wouldn't even admit to myself,looking in the mirror"
Posted Image

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#4 veronika

veronika

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:14 PM

"Life happens. There is no point in being upset or down about things you can’t control or change."

I don't think we had a quotes thread? anyway. one of my favorite^
Posted Image

#5 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:14 PM

"Yeah, I'm an open book. Some men do think I'm a psycho bunny-boiler. But I think that's funny. If you're nice to me I'll never write anything bad about you. There's no point in saying anything but the truth. Because, at the end of the day, I don't have to answer to you, or my ex, or ... I shouldn't say God ... or a man in a suit from the record company. I have to answer to myself."

I think I love her extremely much.
Posted Image

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#6 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:12 PM

Amy: We're not planning a honeymoon. Every day is a honeymoon - I've married the best man in the world.
Amy: I'm not a fighter, but if I am backed up against the wall I'll kick the shit out of anyone.
Amy: I don't think your ability to fight has anything to do with how big you are. It's to do with how much anger is in you.
Amy: I'm of the school of thought where, if you can't sort something out for yourself, no one can help you. Rehab is great for some people but not others.
Amy: I'm either a really good drunk or I'm an out-and-out sh*t, horrible, violent, abusive, emotional drunk.
Amy: Girls talk to each other like men talk to each other. But girls have an eye for detail.
Amy: After Frank I didn't write for 18 months but when I met Mark (Ronson) I pretty much wrote the album in six months - he was so inspiring.
Amy: My first kiss was about 11 or 12 and it was with a Greek boy called Chris. .... who's gay now!
Amy: I like pin-up girls. I'm more of a boy than a girl. I'm not a lesbian, though - not before a sambuca anyway.
Amy: I have a really good time some nights, but then I push it over the edge and ruin my boyfriend's night. I'm an ugly dickhead drunk, I really am.
Amy: I can't even listen to Frank any more... In fact, I've never been able to. I like playing the tracks live because that's different but listening to them is another story.
Amy: (about cocktail Rickstasy) By the time you've had two of them you're like, don't even try and go anywhere. Sit down and stay down, until the birds start singing.

from http://www.bestamywi....com/quotes.htm

My justification is that most people my age spend a lot of time thinking about what they’re going to do for the next five or ten years. The time they spend thinking about their life, I just spend drinking.

I'm a musician. I'm not someone who's trying to be diplomatic, you know, trying to get my 15 minutes. I'm just a musician who is honest.

I don't ever want to do anything mediocre. I hear the music in the charts and I don't mean to be rude, but those people have no soul. Learning from music is like eating a meal.. you have to pace yourself. You can't take everything from it all at once. I want to be different, definitely. I'm not a one trick pony. I'm at least a five-trick pony.

I'm not religious at all. I think faith is something that gives you strength. I believe in fate and I believe that things happen for a reason but I don't think that there's a high power, necessarily. I believe in karma very much though. There are so many rude people around and they're the people that don't have any real friends. And relationships with people - with your mom, your nan, your dog.. are what you get the most happiness in life from. Apart from shoes and bags.

I know I'm talented, but I wasn't put here to sing. I was put here to be a wife and a mum and look after my family. I love what I do, but it's not where it begins and ends.

As an artist the key things you have to do is prove yourself in a live scene, prove yourself in a writing scene, and prove yourself doing covers. They're as important as each other.

I was expecting it to be cynical because I'm like that myself. I wouldn't want it to be all roses because life isn't like that.

I only write about stuff that’s happened to me.. stuff I can’t get past personally. Luckily, I'm quite self-destructive.

I don't suffer fools gladly. I'm not here to make friends. I've learnt that the hard way - I used to not say things like "I really want to hold a guitar in my video", because I was trying to make everyone like me. But I don't give a shit now. At the end of the day I'm there to do my job, I'm not there to have picnics.

It's not important to me to make other people at ease. I am difficult, but that's because I don’t really give a fuck.

from http://www.quotemonk...house/index.htm

#7 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

Beautiful Iulian.

I can't even listen to Frank any more... In fact, I've never been able to. I like playing the tracks live because that's different but listening to them is another story.

This has always made me quite sad.
Posted Image

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#8 StrongerThanMe

StrongerThanMe

♫ Like smoke I hang around ♫

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:18 PM

"Having tattoos…It’s a way of suffering for the things that mean a lot to you."
"Girls talk to each other like men talk to each other. But girls have an eye for detail."
"I can't believe I really won all those awards, it is such an honour, truly, it really is."
Posted Image

#9 StrongerThanMe

StrongerThanMe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:49 PM

"Madonna is an old lady. She should get a nice band, just stand in front of them and sing."

"I'm not in this job to be a fucking role model."

On Back To Black "If someone else had made this record, I'd be fucking jealous. "

"I always said I never wanted to write about love, but then I went & did that anyway."

Posted Image

#10 StrongerThanMe

StrongerThanMe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:09 PM

"I do my own laundry. I don't really watch telly, I clean the house. I'm a housewife!"
"I write better than I talk...I've always written songs for myself. I'm just lucky other people like them"
"I write songs a lot when I can't get my head around a situation or I just can't get past it emotionally & then I write a song and I feel better because I've gotten something good out of something bad."
Posted Image

#11 StrongerThanMe

StrongerThanMe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:03 PM

"It's great going back over these old tracks, tunes that remind me of times and people. It's good to revisit them, like hooking up with old mates. Hope you enjoy the ride too"
Posted Image

#12 StrongerThanMe

StrongerThanMe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:02 PM

"There’s no point in saying anything but the truth. Because, at the end of the day, I don’t have to answer to you, or my ex, or a man in a suit from the record company. I have to answer to myself"

"It is important for me as someone who writes mysic, to challenge myself on everything. Challenge myself with the lyrics,the melody,the chords,the changes,the whole thing about the song."

"I’m probably already a diva, if that means that you don’t give a fuck about people’s opinions. I don’t suffer fools gladly. I’m not here to make friends. I’ve learnt that the hard way - I used to not say things like “I really want to hold a guitar in my video”, because I was trying to make everyone like me. But I don’t give a fuck now. At the end of the day I’m there to do my job, I’m not there to have picnics. So, if that’s being a diva then yeah, I will be one. "

"The music I’m listening to,the music I love,the music I write…soul’s like so atmospheric and dramatic."

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:57 AM

The "You Sent Me Flying One",aw.
Posted Image

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#14 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:18 PM

Q&A

Amy Winehouse

Interview by Rosanna Greenstreet
The Guardian, Saturday 13 January 2007
Article history

When were you happiest?

Last night on stage.

What is your greatest fear?

Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead.

Which living person do you most admire?

No one. You're all bastards. Maybe Mark Lamarr for that precise fact.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?

My fickleness and aggression.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?

Two-facedness and negativity.

What was your most embarrassing moment?

Having sex dreams about members of my crew.

Aside from a property, what's the most expensive thing you've ever bought?

My heart back from someone who may or may not have deserved it. I paid a lot.

What is your most treasured possession?

My loyalty.

Where would you like to live?

In Camden.

What would your super power be?

Super sexuality.

What makes you depressed?

Any/everything, any/everyone.

What do you most dislike about your appearance?

I wish my boobies were bigger sometimes, but I like the way I look.

Would you rather be clever and ugly, or thick and attractive?

I have no choice; I am both cripplingly stupid and hideous to look at.

Who would play you in the film of your life?

Liza Minnelli.

What is your most unappealing habit?

Being an abusive drunk.

What is your favourite smell?

Petrol and hairspray.

What is your favourite word?

Fuckery.

What is your favourite book?

Catch-22 or Pigtopia or Beyond Black.

What is the worst thing anyone's ever said to you?

I wouldn't remember.

Cat or dog?

Tiny ones in all colours.

Is it better to give or to receive?

Give - I can't receive.

What is your guiltiest pleasure?

Having my cake and eating it, too.

What do you owe your parents?

About £450,000.

To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?

Myself for being a self-obsessed dickhead/my boyfriend for punching him often.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?

Falling in love itself.

What does love feel like?

A disease that consumes you eternally.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?

'Pssssshhh' - or, when drunk, 'whatever' and 'dickhead'.

If you could go back in time, where would you go?

To the 60s and I'd go out with the Ronettes.

How do you relax?

Sex.

How often do you have sex?

When I can.

What is the closest you've come to death?

I was hit by a car once on my bike, but I still rode home.

What single thing would improve the quality of your life?

More sex and more gym.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?

This album.

What keeps you awake at night?

Being sober.

How would you like to be remembered?

As genuine.

What is the most important lesson life has taught you?

That you learn things every day and life is short.

Where would you most like to be right now?

In my baby's arms.

Tell us a secret.

I've got a crush on my backing singer.

guardian.co.uk © Guardian News and Media Limited

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#15 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

"Tell us a secret.

I've got a crush on my backing singer." :o :o :o :o :o :o

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amy winehouse, quotes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users