99 replies to this topic

#16 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:03 PM

ok, i've written rolling stone and also made comments on their unbelievable poor choices for top 100 artists. it ain't just amy..no..try queen, the smiths..read the comments about who they left out.
I wrote the editor and asked why they, like the rest of the music industry, felt the need to disenfranchise amy and why no tribute.
and..why willie nelson is a better*vocalist* than amy, and i love willie but we're talking real singers here. there was more, i forget.

I wanted to see if anyone's computer could open the complete top 125 list here

http://www.spin.com/...25-years#page-2

before i write spin

You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. Please, PearlJo, please write SPIN, give it to them & don't you hold a damn thing back. Excuse my language, but even my mother was angry at this shit. How is "Back To Black" not on the list? Nowhere to be found!

#17 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:10 PM

talk about fuckery.

i noticed there were two green day albums listed but there was no space for amy? jeez...

#18 Jaede~

Jaede~

Fanks Daaaarling~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:12 PM

Hey guys, I just emailed RollingStone magazine and I'm about to email SPIN because in all honesty, it's ridiculous how Amy's being overlooked here in the US (with much respect to VIBE magazine for not overlooking her at all).

I want to show you the letters I've sent to them (going to send to SPIN in a few minutes), but do you think it's a good idea for me to post them here? I mean, seeing how journalists may be lurking around this forum?

It's because in the U.S. we are focused on shit music and appearances. -__-
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#19 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:23 PM

so, not there either. i found a rolling stone tribute to jim morrison but my computer is fkd right now i can't post pics. don't get me wrong, i liked some of the doors stuff but my personal opinion is that morrison was highly over-rated. listen to his lyrics.

oh well, it's not a contest, but it is about fairness. i don't even have to look for cobain, hendrix and joplin, they should have been honored and i'm sure they were.
but i'd like to see a full cover go to amy just like we all would.

#20 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

ok, i've written rolling stone and also made comments on their unbelievable poor choices for top 100 artists. it ain't just amy..no..try queen, the smiths..read the comments about who they left out.
I wrote the editor and asked why they, like the rest of the music industry, felt the need to disenfranchise amy and why no tribute.
and..why willie nelson is a better*vocalist* than amy, and i love willie but we're talking real singers here. there was more, i forget.

I wanted to see if anyone's computer could open the complete top 125 list here

http://www.spin.com/...25-years#page-2

before i write spin

They forgot American in the title. Seriously, not just because of BTB, but because imo UK has offered far more in the past 25 years than Britpop and M.I.A.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#21 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

dear cockbites, please forward to the dipshit in charge.

(OK, that's a start.)

it's odd that spin gave her a full cover in '07 but just an article when she died.

#22 SoulRehab

SoulRehab

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:30 PM

Why are you people wasting your time with those Lists...Common..10 people meet together and decide which albums were the best. We don't even know criterions. Maybe criterions don't even exist there. How it's possible to substantiate Music? Isn't it the same as Miss contests or Lists of 100 the most unattractive women? Common ! Look at all those BIG names, who call Amy a genius ! To me it's enough. I don't see a point wasting energy on that.

#23 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

Yes.

i guess i should have asked for the actual content. :lol:

#24 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:49 PM

dear cockbites, please forward to the dipshit in charge.

(OK, that's a start.)

it's odd that spin gave her a full cover in '07 but just an article when she died.

No, it's not "odd", it's disrespectful.

#25 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:51 PM

Why are you people wasting your time with those Lists...Common..10 people meet together and decide which albums were the best. We don't even know criterions. Maybe criterions don't even exist there. How it's possible to substantiate Music? Isn't it the same as Miss contests or Lists of 100 the most unattractive women? Common ! Look at all those BIG names, who call Amy a genius ! To me it's enough. I don't see a point wasting energy on that.

Honestly, I don't care that Amy missed the stupid "Lists" as much as I care about her being overlooked in the US right now. Over here, it's like she was just another no-talent-having junkie, and that's NOT who she was.

#26 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:59 PM

i want them to know how I FEEL. not as much on the list's but the tribute? fuckin' A, jack. if they can do a tribute to an over rated(my opinion)jim morrison then why can't they do one for a singer that's been regarded as being one of the best jazz singers ever?

#27 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

i guess i should have asked for the actual content. :lol:

HA! Do you still want the content? I don't have time to post now but can do it for you tomorrow if you like? Unless someone gets there first...

"i'm a musician, fuck the rest"

1983 - 2011

#28 SoulRehab

SoulRehab

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:12 PM

Honestly, I don't care that Amy missed the stupid "Lists" as much as I care about her being overlooked in the US right now. Over here, it's like she was just another no-talent-having junkie, and that's NOT who she was.

Americans gave her 5 Grammys ! 5 Grammy for no-talent-having junkie?

#29 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:36 PM

Americans gave her 5 Grammys ! 5 Grammy for no-talent-having junkie?

Yeah, seriously. I can't remember a single British female artist in the past 10 years who even comes near to the recognition and praise she received there.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#30 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:37 PM

Rolling Stone is a misogynist publication. They ridicule women in the arts and always have. Doesn't anyone remember the horrible cover story they gave Amy? They gave B2B 3 stars. They gave Amy the "train wreck of the year" award in 2008 (or was it 2007?). To hell with Rolling Stone.
We don't have the serious music publications you guys have over in the UK. I read Mojo every month, and NME on occasion. Thank God for The UK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users