#31 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:39 PM

letter to spin for those who care'---

you guys ran a great amy cover in '07. much appreciated. but i wonder why no tribute issue to amy and her music now? some, actually credible, uk rags are going with it. people magazine, i know, i know, is going with it.

spin and rolling stone? what's up? amy is regarded by many as the best jazz singer and songwriter of her generation and beyond. if you can't get in touch with someone musically inclined to verify that please call tony bennett.

amy is not getting treated by your magazine the way she deserves to be treated and i'm not sure why.

I hope you guys will reconsider and give amy winehouse, who gave everything to her music, her due respect. It'll make you feel good inside because it's the right thing to do.

regards

#32 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

just got in from the international magazine/newspaper store downtown and there was nothing from The UK. NME is scheduled to hit US shores on Monday, at least that's what they told me.

#33 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:34 PM

if you can't get in touch with someone musically inclined to verify that please call tony bennett.

big thumbs up....LOVED that line.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#34 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:44 PM

Ok don't get me wrong, but i saw a Lil Wayne album on the top 125 O.o... I mean it's not that i don't like rap (love Eminem, Jay Z, Tupac etc.) but how can anyone take seriously this list when you have neither of Amy's albums, but lil wayne's..

I' ll also write letters to both magazines>:-(

60do5Ti.jpg

#35 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:52 PM

Americans gave her 5 Grammys ! 5 Grammy for no-talent-having junkie?

Right....and this happened 3 years ago and since then, Amy's been out of the spotlight, so now is the time to celebrate her victories AGAIN.

Let's be real here.

#36 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

not sure what got me going on this but i think, i know, there's still a lot of grief yet to come out.

i figured since so many people, at least that i've talked to, seem to have held such animosity towards amy, i just say f*ck it.

like when peaches was having a wee and amy said, 'i'll do it!' (introduce the sugarbabes?) no, please!!

so, fk it, i'll write them. maybe i'll write again tomorrow. they're all leaches with no balls anyway.

think about it, who has talent, lady gaga or amy? if gaga died tomorrow those people would be publishing shit day and night for months! britney spears, miley cyrus, news everywhere. more, more, more!!

the one singer that will truly be a historical figure in music and they don't give her the time of day. so they say fuck amy like half the world. well fuck you too.

not a top 100 singer, no big deal? fk them...hey amy winehouse!! are you deaf or just stupid? you guys are running a music industry top of the line publication and this is the best you can do?! Is this your best judgement?

do you really, really care like you maybe once did, when it was about true musical genius? do you have ears to hear and hearts to forgive? do you even understand?

(i love it when i get pissed off but it's true innit?)

#37 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:44 PM

think about it, who has talent, lady gaga or amy? if gaga died tomorrow those people would be publishing shit day and night for months!

Hell yeah, you know they would!

You know, I'm allowing editors the weekend, but if I don't have a response by 2pm (Eastern time) on Tuesday, then I'll most definitely be calling them. Then, at least I know in my heart that I gave it a good try.

To many people here, I may look stupid by doing this stuff...or maybe some of you guys understand where I'm coming from. Either way, I'm telling you it's just fucking ridiculous how in America it's like she didn't happen at all. Okay, so Christina Aguilera's gonna pay tribute...so what?

Dude, and what's with all these Kurt Cobain references when it comes to Amy? I love Nirvana, but fuck Kurt right now. Nirvana put out 3 records and only 2 of them matter...what's with people saying that Amy's not gonna be able to hold her own? Why are people questioning her musical legacy?

I don't care if or when she was drunk, I don't care about if or when she was high. Her music matters, not that shit. Wait...lemme take that back. That shit matters to the herd-like mainstream music listeners/tabloid readers who clearly cannot think for themselves. Uh, not REAL PEOPLE.

I'm sorry if I'm saying too much here, but I don't understand. I swear I don't.

#38 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:01 PM

i'm just, in my small way, rattling their cages a bit. I usually let this kind of stuff slide but i think what i feel is true. I don't expect them to do one thing about it and it's not worth losing my temper over...yet.
lawyers are acting when they lose their temper because, in any argument, he who loses his temper(control)first, loses.
so, maybe i'll start writing the powers that be in camden to see if they have a location picked for the statue of amy winehouse.
maybe call them everyday to see how things are coming along. lol
i mean, WWAD?

#39 SoulRehab

SoulRehab

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:03 PM

Right....and this happened 3 years ago and since then, Amy's been out of the spotlight, so now is the time to celebrate her victories AGAIN.

Let's be real here.

I didn't say that ! I just don't understand how you can give 5 Grammys to someone and then call him a no-talent-having junkie..I don't know what situation is in USA anyway... here in Europe seems like people really care about Amy. I've seen a lot of positive articles. Even if there are a lot of stuff from Amy's darkest periods, still experts/journalists/whatever focus on her music most.
Don't get me wrong ! I care about Amys music future ! I'm just tired arguing with blind and stubborn people. Too much silly principles I see in this situation.

#40 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:28 PM

I didn't say that ! I just don't understand how you can give 5 Grammys to someone and then call him a no-talent-having junkie..I don't know what situation is in USA anyway... here in Europe seems like people really care about Amy. I've seen a lot of positive articles. Even if there are a lot of stuff from Amy's darkest periods, still experts/journalists/whatever focus on her music most.
Don't get me wrong ! I care about Amys music future ! I'm just tired arguing with blind and stubborn people. Too much silly principles I see in this situation.

Well, believe it or not, that's not how it is over here...5 Grammys or not, people still focus on her struggles. I'm so exhausted from all of this...taking off.

#41 kevd7

kevd7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:04 AM

The problem with Amy here in the US is that she had 2 tv appearances ( David Letterman, MTV Movie Awards ) and no proper tour. Frank was released AFTER B2B, and for that I blame Universal Island. I hate to say this about my country but it's true. It's a very flavor of the month mentality with this business. Amy blew up here and she was no where to be seen.

I'll never forget watching the backstage MTV Movie Awards clip footage and the performance of Rehab, and the following week B2B climbed to #2 on Billboard. Shortly after all hell broke lose, a canceled US tour, visa problems and all the rest of it.

But the most important thing to remember is we did recognize her genius achievement with 5 Grammys. Rags can leave Amy off all their lists all they want as far as I'm concerned, but an omission for an artist that hit the big time with that many Grammys makes them look ridiculous.

#42 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:37 AM

^ also Jay Leno
I think Rehab was so big, it blinded people to how all the other B2B songs were a whole level deeper and better. Wish she'd never met Ronson and done that song.

#43 kevd7

kevd7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:46 AM

OMFG, I NEVER knew that Alan. You da man, bro. How could I have missed this appearance. Ain't she gorgeous.

#44 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:58 AM

ackkk, never saw that either and she was in fine form. seeing something new makes realizing she's gone hard all over again. but, just awesome, very relaxed.

#45 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:03 AM

i got pretty spun up today about the unfair press amy has gotten. normally i would just let it slide, so i'll pull out the bipolar card, I was a bit agitated. still, it's not right, but welcome to the big city. nothing is as it appears.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users