308 replies to this topic

#31 kittengirl1000

kittengirl1000

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

Another quest. a bit off topic... heard anything from " the good Blake"?? Remember him?
http://www.johnnyiko...82/blakeamy.jpg

I saw a picture of him at her funeral

#32 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

I was looking over pics from the past and wondered something that crossed my mind. why did she hardly ever smile in pictures? She always smiles with those eyes of hers but u never see a smile smile?
Posted Image
James Dean ....

#33 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:28 PM

I was looking over pics from the past and wondered something that crossed my mind. why did she hardly ever smile in pictures? She always smiles with those eyes of hers but u never see a smile smile?

I never got that impression. Perhaps you are looking at the wrong pictures :dunno: Here's some lovely smiley Amy for you.

Posted Image
Posted Image

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#34 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:47 PM

I have a question that came to me as i was browsing through her pictures... Do you know why didn't she fix her teeths? Was she afraid of the dentist or something:D

i think it went along with her alter ego persona, bad ass rebel keith richards kind of rocker look. this persona never existed in the Frank era, it came with fame.

#35 XNatalie

XNatalie

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:28 AM

Really dumb question, but does anyone know if Amy had a favourite brand of makeup or particular lipstick she liked or something? I love makeup and I always like to know random things like that. Silly I know :P

#36 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:12 AM

I saw a picture of him at her funeral

Really? I didn't see this. I remember that at the time, it felt reassuring to see her with this "good Blake". It seemed he was one of a few that looked sober.

#37 kittengirl1000

kittengirl1000

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:46 PM

Really? I didn't see this. I remember that at the time, it felt reassuring to see her with this "good Blake". It seemed he was one of a few that looked sober.

It was in one of magazines I got.

#38 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:12 AM

Can anyone in here give me a sense of what inside the "Frank" album looks like? I mean like the artwork and if amy put any specific thanks inside the booklet(that artists of any genre usually add in their album covers)

#39 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:22 AM

"Thank You Roy Ayers, Count Basie, Beastie Boys, Ben Folds Five, Tony Bennett, Clifford Brown, Ray Charles, Nat Cole, D'Angelo, Sammy Davies, Duke Ellington, Donny Hathaway, Mahalia Jackson, Michael Jackson, Louis Jordan, Quincy Jones, King Pleasure, Carole King, Left Eye, Charle Mingus, Thelonius Monk, Minnie Ripperton, Salt N Pepa, Frank Sinatra, James Taylor, Teena Marie, Sara Vaugh, Dina Washington, and Stevie Wonder."

"These songs are dedicated to the memory of my uncle's-Jack Selner and Harold Winehouse."

#40 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:36 AM

The lyrics are in there. And there are quite a few pictures: Pictures of a young Amy in the kitchen, doing her make up in front of a mirror, playing pool, leaning against a wall to get something out of her bag, and one of her in a t-shirt and skirt. And picture of her wall with old photos of her loved ones, a picture of her cd collection and a one of some accessories like bracelets.
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#41 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:25 AM

Sorry if it sounds like a downer to bring this up again but when amy was diagnosed with emphysema was it reported how long she would live? Ive never heard of a person getting emphysema in their early 20s. So far all we know she could have passed from complications of it.

I wish she never went to sleep that day :(

Yeah. She had it at 24 and continued to smoke when that's the last thing you should be doing. If does cause shortness of breath, etc, so maybe that had something to do with her passing away :(

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#42 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:27 PM

christy turlington was diagnosed with emphysema at 31, 6 years after quitting smoking. i think her father died of lung cancer. as far as i know, she's now an anti-smoking advocate.
just as a side note, i think she's one of the most beautiful women ever to walk this earth.

#43 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:47 PM

@ Moody's Mood, I love her quote you have in your signature...

#44 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

What was Lily Allen's relationship with Amy? There is a quote from her years ago where she claims that she knows Amy very well.....but before that she said this:

It's the end of the weekend, you have got to have a drink. Here's to Amy Winehouse... ha!"

All these skinny girls in the magazines, 'Look at me, look at me' - heroin addicts!

"You are not that skinny unless you have an eating disorder or a drug habit."

btw those quotes were shortly after that first overdose Amy had

And when Amy died she said RIP like everyone else but added "she was such a lost soul". Even if that may be TRUE about her being a lost soul.....i dont think a person that knows a person very well or is friends with them would say that.......EVEN if they believe it themselves

Edited by LegendJJ, 14 August 2011 - 06:11 PM.

#45 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

Well, both Amy and her had nasty comments on everyone in their early careers, but made it clear it was immature and unnecessary when they matured a bit. I like Lily though. One of the same reasons why I love Amy - they were never ashamed to talk about their insecurities, just seemed more sincere and relatable than Cheryl I'mworthit Cole for example.

Don't think they were friends though, probably just different worlds.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users