308 replies to this topic

#61 Vangrrl

Vangrrl

Crazy Canuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:58 PM

Anyone know what Amy's shirt/dress size was? Around '09 when she came back from St. Lucia I heard she'd gone up to a size 10, but what was it more recently?

#62 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:30 PM

I think during Belgrade she was definitely "on something"... but cognizant enough to feel the distaste from the audience. It's a shame that someone in the band didn't have the brass to say "let's not do this tonight".

But when Amy was basically their boss, there is reluctance to step in and get the train back on the tracks because a) they pay your wages and B) you gain social status by being associated with that person.

If you offend, irritate that person who is responsible for (a) and (B) then there is a good chance they'll take both away from you. Same thing with Michael Jackson, I think a lot of people in his inner circle knew things shouldn't have been the way they were... but didn't have the guts to step in for fear they would be excluded from MJ's inner circle.

True! It's easy for me to say "Oh, I woulda did this or I woulda did that", but I'm a musician myself and I know for a fact if it was me, I would've pulled Amy to the side and just told here "Hey, look this is how it is and this is how I feel about you" and if she or her management decided to exile me, then fine! I'm sure the money was good, but how can you continuously watch someone suffer like that and not say anything that could actually make them stop and think. The money just wouldn't have been worth it to me anymore...I mean, getting a paycheck to watch her destroy herself? Craziness.

Oh, the guilt some of her bandmates must feel now. And I say GOOD.

#63 lolainas

lolainas

Never Clip My Wings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:18 PM

My weird question of today, any of her band did a declaration about this concert and why they left she do the gig?

.why dont you come on over, Valerie?

"It's not important to me to make other people at ease. I am difficult, but that's because I don’t really give a fuck."

#64 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

Zalon posted a video after Belgrade and said how gutted he was. I shall try and find it. He looked just shattered.

#65 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:33 PM

Still waiting for the Frank and Back to Black deluxe I ordered from amazon uk on the 14th. Its going to take a while because its shipping from the UK...and I live in NY..

Anyway my question is...In the deluxe issue of Back to Black,is there a lyric sheet? Is it just the bonus tracks, or does it include the lyrics to Amy's songs?

#66 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:54 PM

And I also want to add, as I'm sure many of you already know because we all have common sense...sometimes band members just put on a "smiley face" even though shit is tough.

With that said, who's to say that Zalon and Ade weren't embarassed or saddened by certain things, you know? I'm not saying that her band members are bad people, but anyway, I think most of you already know what I mean.

#67 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:16 AM

in reference to the dress size: I'm surprised she was even a 10. I would have guessed more a 6 or 8 at that most. wow. Of course, ahem....i would know nothing about wearing those sizes.(grins)

regarding the belgrade show: I tried watching the band members expressions, etc. yesterday when I attempted to watch them in full. saw a few seconds of a couple the morning after that show and just was too painful and embarrassing to watch. I did attempt to compare her behavior on stage with other concerts and this one was very different. Rock in Rio in 08 where she lost her voice and had the ace wrap on her hand...not sure what that was but that also seemed to be more than booze. this one still was different.

I do know that sometimes people act differently drunk depending on the type of alcohol it is. but I don't know...either she was drinking something other than what she normally does or there was something else thrown inthere.

I was focusing in on the band's reaction. I just came to the conclusion that they were trying to be as professional as they could under the circumstances. I have to say that Zalon and heshima really did a superb job. I can't imagine trying to carry the whole load and never miss a beat and they didn't. there were a couple of times I could see Zalon looking out the corner of his eye and all I could think of was that he must be wondering what she was going to do next...all the while keeping the beat, dancing like there was no tomorrow and keeping it all in rhythm.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#68 DeLuxe

DeLuxe

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:42 AM

I think if you go back and watch all of the Brazil shows from 2011 you can see a downward spiral. It started off great, the first show was flawless. After that, it started falling apart. There are some really nice HD videos of a Rio show everyone should check out. However, in that video, at one point, she grabs a beer off the drummers platform and chugs it, the audience goes crazy, she looks back at Dale, turns around and starts sucking her thumb. Then she yanks her thumb out of her mouth, realizing what she's done, and says to herself 'Don't suck thumb!'. In some of the other Brazil concerts, she's definitely not sober. Poor kid, she sure did struggle so much.

#69 Vangrrl

Vangrrl

Crazy Canuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:53 AM

I don't intend to highjack this thread or anything but tunisianswife was right: she was a size 6.From a Daily Mail article back in October:

"The collection itself may also raise a few eyebrows given that Amy has persuaded the label to include the clothes in a size six for the first time. Previously Fred Perry's clothing for women began at a size eight.
Amy has insisted it is due to her being a size six - which is just one size larger than a US size zero.

'When I started eating right, I lost quite a lot of weight,' said the singer. Everyone thinks it was because my eating habits became a lot better and I came to my natural weight.
Fred Perry is my be-all-and-end-all,' she added. "I've always loved it, always worn it, it feels like a living dream. I'm not really skinny but I'm tiny and I couldn't get anything because they didn't do a size six."

And to think I'm the same height as Our Lady but in plus-size territory :-$

#70 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:56 AM

Still waiting for the Frank and Back to Black deluxe I ordered from amazon uk on the 14th. Its going to take a while because its shipping from the UK...and I live in NY..

Anyway my question is...In the deluxe issue of Back to Black,is there a lyric sheet? Is it just the bonus tracks, or does it include the lyrics to Amy's songs?

It's actually a booklet, with pictures of Amy, and lyrics to the songs on B2B. The bonus cd has credits but no lyrics. I can't wait for you to get both!!

#71 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:43 PM

It's actually a booklet, with pictures of Amy, and lyrics to the songs on B2B. The bonus cd has credits but no lyrics. I can't wait for you to get both!!

Just as long as it has some kind of lyrics ill be happy. Even though I still listen to my ipod, I've felt really good the past several weeks since I've been buying albums again. I wish I never threw away old cds years ago. You really do get the full experience.

I can't wait to add Amy's 2 great albums to my growing collection. Hopefully royal mail from the UK does not take TOO long to come

#72 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:00 PM

Who sings "Put it in the box...put in the box" on "Take the Box". Is it Amy herself?

#73 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:27 PM

Who sings "Put it in the box...put in the box" on "Take the Box". Is it Amy herself?

Yep.

#74 HugoRockz

HugoRockz

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:52 AM

I think her freckles are cute. I don't mind them at all...

LEGEND

Amy, Amy, Amy...
1983-2011
:rose:

#75 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:04 PM

^^Cute
Posted Image

not so cute
Posted Image
:D

Edited by Dani 14, 27 August 2011 - 03:07 PM.

60do5Ti.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users