Photo
- - - - -

No illegal drugs in Winehouse death (Associated Press)

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#16 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

Thank God. I always believed her when she said she was clean, but in way this makes all even more tragic. Why she had to pass when she was clean and determined to sort out her troubles? Why now? This is too cruel.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#17 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

The sad thing is that this report that no "illegal drugs" were found and the reports that follow it will go largely unoticed in the public. Like always when the media is proven WRONG they don't admit it. It really is bittersweet because they will put this news on the backburner...and years from now you will have idiots saying things like "oh yeah winehouse I remember her...she was the druggie chick who overdosed on heroin".

Its like how people think Brittney Murphy died of an overdose when she passed from pneumonia. I really these newspapers that put out these lies are sued so that hopefully more people pay attention and see that they were wrong all along.

#18 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:14 PM

glad that is out of the way, and the comments thus far on the article were very touching and positive. It does make it hard knowing that she was trying so hard and then 7/23. that whole 'fixer' thing didn't have me for a minute either. just did not add up.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#19 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:16 PM

i posted a very detailed toxicology article a day or so ago. it may clear up some misconceptions i've already heard here.
this is a bittersweet victory. it wasn't a suicide. whatever dealer said what is of no consequence.

http://www.webmd.com....xicology-tests

#20 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:22 PM

The sad thing is that this report that no "illegal drugs" were found and the reports that follow it will go largely unoticed in the public. Like always when the media is proven WRONG they don't admit it. It really is bittersweet because they will put this news on the backburner...and years from now you will have idiots saying things like "oh yeah winehouse I remember her...she was the druggie chick who overdosed on heroin".

Its like how people think Brittney Murphy died of an overdose when she passed from pneumonia. I really these newspapers that put out these lies are sued so that hopefully more people pay attention and see that they were wrong all along.

I'm not sure I agree. Most people I know, including the media where I live, felt a lot of compassion for Amy more then judging her. Of course, you will always see ignorant people judge easily because they feel important or consider themselves better persons...whatever... I feel most people felt bad with what happened to Amy, and that part of it was related to a bad entourage. But hey, it's so easy and obvious to blame it all on Amy.

#21 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:25 PM

http://uk.omg.yahoo....-103320216.html
Let Your Freak Flag Fly

#22 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

I actually spoke too soon. Just checked google news and there are currently 6 pages(so far) of articles confirming that she didn't die of "illegal drugs"

But I would still like to see newspapers and magazines that jumped the gun and put "suspected drug overdose" in their headlines without having the facts(NYPost, NyDailyNews, The Sun, etc.) Actually own up to their mistake and put it on the front page....and not just as a "tidbit".

But I am relieved to have at least some of the answers finally

#23 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:36 PM

her tiny body couldn't cope anymore.

rubbish.

#24 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

I'm not sure I agree. Most people I know, including the media where I live, felt a lot of compassion for Amy more then judging her. Of course, you will always see ignorant people judge easily because they feel important or consider themselves better persons...whatever... I feel most people felt bad with what happened to Amy, and that part of it was related to a bad entourage. But hey, it's so easy and obvious to blame it all on Amy.

No trust me I know just like you that not everyone is ignorant like that. I'm just referring to the comments from people saying things after she died like "what else would she die of....obviously it was drugs" "it was obviously overdose". People who said things like that are who I am referring to. I know she has a lot of people showing compassion for her.

Since recently I have begun watching her music videos.....and for the MOST part(which the exception of the few occassional idiots) she has been getting very sweet comments

#25 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:40 PM

I'm glad for her family, I hope it can take a tiny bit of the sting away....
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#26 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:41 PM

i was talking to one of her relations last week and they said it wasn't drugs.

#27 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:41 PM

I'm glad for her family, I hope it can take a tiny bit of the sting away....

her family knew already - one of her relations told me last week x

#28 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:49 PM

What I gather from this is that she was prolly on a perscripton drug of some kind. So many people mix them with alcohol and it is a deadly combination. I only say this because of the statement "no illegal drugs" as apposed to no drugs at all. It was actually the first thing my friend said. I'm happy however she was off the hard stuff. She might have just had one too many. Again I can't claim this true its just what I gather given the information provided.

*and if what calls itself a world should
have the luck to hear such singing*

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

#29 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:52 PM

her family knew already - one of her relations told me last week x

Yeah I was thinking that just the other day...that 2-4 weeks meant that her FAMILY would have the results in that time period. Obviously they have the first priority so technically the results did come on time.

I should have thought about that before.

#30 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:56 PM

I figured they'd know already. I honestly didn't think they were going to release a statement. We may never know the details it could have been from drinking alone, too. In the end it doesn't really matter how she went. I just pray she's happy wherever she is. Makes you really think about death, I hope there's more to life than this..

*and if what calls itself a world should
have the luck to hear such singing*

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users