492 replies to this topic

#16 carla spain

carla spain

I love you more than you'll ever know

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

is true that she recorded a reggae album? I read Island Record rejected this album but she apparently recorded demo tracks.

http://www.twentyfou...es-reggae-album
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#17 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

She also recorded a song called "The Ultimate Betrayal", it was about Blake. But she didn't want to release it with a few more songs which were also about him. I think that some of them are the "locked songs" the guy from Universal was talking about.
  • Love is a losing game and JadedHearts like this
Amy flies in paradise

#18 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

Ok, let me just say this because I'm tired of people saying how sick she looks in these photos & actually in 2011 period....

This is my personal opinion, but I think Amy looked different because SHE MATURED. After around 2009, I stopped looking at Amy Winehouse photos because I hated that how the tabloids were treating her. But anyway, this past April I finally decided to look at recent photos of her and yeah there's a noticeable difference in her face.

So I went back & looked at old photos and I realized that she just matured. Amy was pushing 30, she was no longer 23/24 anymore & it's not so much that her face changed, it just matured. I can honestly say that I think her drinking had nothing to do with it.

And in regards to the thread topic, I think she's already recorded her 3rd album and the whole "promotional photos" thing is an excellent point. For whatever reason, her label is saying that there is no 3rd album, but maybe they're too embarrassed to release it? Maybe they think it won't sell.

Completely agree. In fact, that's what i thought all along. She didn't look sick to me at all. She looked quite the contrary to me, actually. I thought she looked really healthy and good.

#19 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

Completely agree. In fact, that's what i thought all along. She didn't look sick to me at all. She looked quite the contrary to me, actually. I thought she looked really healthy and good.

Yeah, and if you ask me, she was getting even prettier.

#20 AmyFanforever

AmyFanforever

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

I honestly believe that Amy had recorded most of, if not finished the true third album, the way everything panned out makes me think this, a few reasons: Her tweets on twitter clearly list the names of several songs which were in her songbook (Our Souls aint Sold, Gutter etc), also In an interview for a magazine shortly after the Emphysema related hospital visit in 2008, when she was asked "Where do you see yourself next year?" she said: "Dusting off my third album and Pregnant, hopefully" Dusting off gives the impression that she was some way through the production of her album if she believed that it would be dusted off mid 2009, both her ambitions were obviously postponed by the divorce, but while she may not have "dusted off" the album, surely she had started it?

As well as this, in March 2011 she released a number of moody promotional photos which seem to echo the type of music she enjoyed (also the direction she was heading from BTB onwards) Now, releasing promotional photos is usually done in the very last stages of album production, the pics would be used to market the album and undoubtedly would be used for the cover and booklets etc. I mean, what's the point in releasing promotional photos without an album release coming within months? Amy never seemed to be the type of person who'd throw out professional photos for no reason.

Also: the music demos which supposedly "floored" the head of her record label? I believe that Amy had either finished or was in the very final stages of finishing her follow up to BTB.

I've seen it mentioned over various sites that no people have officially claimed that this is Amy's final work or that there is absolutely no material, as well as that some people believe that Lioness: Hidden Treasures was released to test the waters and see the public response and demand for new Amy material, judging by the fact that it was Amy's fastest selling US Debut, if the third album exists, it would certainly be released in 2012/2013.

what do you think?

I believe she did. I don't think she just recorded Gutter, and a song called Our Souls Ain't Sold and thats it. Its more.

#21 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:37 PM

Yeah, and if you ask me, she was getting even prettier.

Defiantly agree with you. Each new photo i saw of her i was amazed at how great she was looking. She got better and better looking every day. The change she went through from 2008 to 2011 is an incredible one. Very commendable how she was able to shape up so well. Dionne said herself that the last time she saw her, she was the best she'd ever seen Amy. What a beautiful woman Amy was.

#22 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:52 AM

We really need to hear that third album by Amy.......im talking about that ska/reggae influenced album that supposedly she finished years ago but her label rejected(which by the way im sure the label regrets tremendously right now).

Even if it wasnt a good album(which i really doubt) i think we as fans should be able to hear what AMY was feeling at the time.

After all wasnt this the time that she was in the middle of quitting class A drugs? When people detox from a certain drug addiction and start taking care of themselves better you always hear them say that they have a better eye for detail and notice things much better.

So we probably could have seen this on the ska/reggae album. I mean Amy already surprised many people from when she first came out.....remember in the "I told you i was trouble" DVD, a lady even said that when she first saw the "back to black" video she was surprised by the voice that came out the mouth of this "british white girl".

So for all we know she could have surprised people even more with this ska/reggae album.

Its not like she was going to release videos from the album that showed her with "jamaica" tattooed on her with a usain bolt jersey and a jamaica hat,etc,etc,

My point is that the label makes it seem like Amy was trying to be a poser or something. If that was the type of album she wanted to release at the time then they should have allowed her. Im getting upset now. Sorry about that.

Its just frustrating. Why couldnt they release it? Even though i wasnt following Amy at that time as you all know, im sure many of you guys were saying the same thing.

Whats the big deal if she wants to go from jazz to ska. Didnt she do a superb job with recording "Cupid" a song that you can tell from the first 10 seconds is a ska song.

/rant. Sorry guys. Dont get mad at me

#23 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:33 AM

We really need to hear that third album by Amy.......im talking about that ska/reggae influenced album that supposedly she finished years ago but her label rejected(which by the way im sure the label regrets tremendously right now).

Even if it wasnt a good album(which i really doubt) i think we as fans should be able to hear what AMY was feeling at the time.

After all wasnt this the time that she was in the middle of quitting class A drugs? When people detox from a certain drug addiction and start taking care of themselves better you always hear them say that they have a better eye for detail and notice things much better.

So we probably could have seen this on the ska/reggae album. I mean Amy already surprised many people from when she first came out.....remember in the "I told you i was trouble" DVD, a lady even said that when she first saw the "back to black" video she was surprised by the voice that came out the mouth of this "british white girl".

So for all we know she could have surprised people even more with this ska/reggae album.

Its not like she was going to release videos from the album that showed her with "jamaica" tattooed on her with a usain bolt jersey and a jamaica hat,etc,etc,

My point is that the label makes it seem like Amy was trying to be a poser or something. If that was the type of album she wanted to release at the time then they should have allowed her. Im getting upset now. Sorry about that.

Its just frustrating. Why couldnt they release it? Even though i wasnt following Amy at that time as you all know, im sure many of you guys were saying the same thing.

Whats the big deal if she wants to go from jazz to ska. Didnt she do a superb job with recording "Cupid" a song that you can tell from the first 10 seconds is a ska song.

/rant. Sorry guys. Dont get mad at me

It really is frustrating. Imagine what could be different if they had released it! We'll never know...But I think they just wanted her to stay in the jazz bubble & never come out. They probably wanted her to get a whole orchestra and sellout concert halls doing a ton of different jazz covers Lol

Long story short, they probably felt like the reggae/ska music wouldn't sell. And I bet now they feel like the idiots that they truly are. They should've let her do her thing! I hate it when these label executives try to predict what will sell and what won't. I fucking hate that.

#24 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:49 AM

I though the promotional pictures were because of her Brazil tour?

I doubt that, Wasn't it widely reported that the Brazil tour was only a one-off concert, same with Dubai, both of which happened in Janurary and February, respectively.

The promos were released in March, they weren't (as far as I know) used for her Summer comeback tour and that really only leaves one other option - the third album.

I drew a little something together to give an idea of what the 3rd Album might have looked like: (in the attachment)
I thought they appear very similar to the photos used as the cover and in the booklet for BTB:

B2B: Amy center of a room, sitting
Promo: Amy in center of a room, standing, posing
B2B: Amy sitting on a garden wall
Promo: Amy sitting on a window still

Imagine that, Amy Winehouse: Gutter, To me that sounds perfect, reflecting the frank attitude of Amy, as well as the whole atmosphere of the promos and her 3 year long recovery

We know that the supposedly "final" studio recording which Amy did was with Tony Bennett, she may have recorded after that, we don't know, but we KNOW she recorded more in 2011 than is being let on, for example the picture in the attachment, which is almost certainly in 2011 (when the beehive evolved into the big ponytail) I doubt it's in 2010, because at that point she still had a beehive, as seen in some pics when she's been out with Reg: Pizza on the Park and when she saw Tony Bennett at the Royal Albert Hall in 2010.

from a report in 2009 (I believe): "Meanwhile, Miss Winehouse has been heading to the studio with Mark Ronson, after he agreed to work with her again on her third album.

Rapper Lethal Bizzle says, “I was talking to Mark about Amy. He thinks she’s getting better and they are working together and will start recording soon. Everything he does is awesome. I think he’s brilliant and was excited when he wanted to work on my album. Me and Amy go way back too.”"

Attached Files

Edited by Wino, 05 February 2012 - 09:37 PM.
double posting

• Love is a losing game and JadedHearts like this

#25 Jdawl

Jdawl

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:34 AM

We know that the supposedly "final" studio recording which Amy did was with Tony Bennett, she may have recorded after that, we don't know, but we KNOW she recorded more in 2011 than is being let on, for example the picture in the attachment, which is almost certainly in 2011 (when the beehive evolved into the big ponytail) I doubt it's in 2010, because at that point she still had a beehive, as seen in some pics when she's been out with Reg: Pizza on the Park and when she saw Tony Bennett at the Royal Albert Hall in 2010.

from a report in 2009 (I believe): "Meanwhile, Miss Winehouse has been heading to the studio with Mark Ronson, after he agreed to work with her again on her third album.

Rapper Lethal Bizzle says, “I was talking to Mark about Amy. He thinks she’s getting better and they are working together and will start recording soon. Everything he does is awesome. I think he’s brilliant and was excited when he wanted to work on my album. Me and Amy go way back too.”"

That pic looks more like rehearsals for a tour. Not really a studio environment.
  • SarahMermaid likes this

#26 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

Yeah....The last pic is from her rehearsals (from the Brazilian Tour...?)...

#27 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

That pic looks more like rehearsals for a tour. Not really a studio environment.

You're right, it was a rehearsal, and I think it was in Brazil (?).
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#28 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

Really? well, that's a shame - would it not have been for Belgrade or Dubai, because I'm sure the pictures of her with that jacket were from 2011 and she did Brazil in January, I think these were from February or March? correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyhow, she probably recorded at some point in 2011, as well as likely 2010 and 2009, as she was past drugs at those points, correct? as well as in St. Lucia..

#29 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

I am not sure, but I googled it now and there are two articles, one saying they're rehearsing IN Brazil, the other one saying they're rehearsing FOR Brazil:

http://punchbowlblog...rial-in-brazil/

http://www.holymoly....t-radiator52082
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#30 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:16 AM

I want to hear Amys reggae album too!!!! Please!!!!

http://www.jamaicaob...nection_9289637
  • Love is a losing game likes this

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users