492 replies to this topic

#46 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:34 PM

I've always wondered if it would be possible to take footage from like the Brazil shows and remaster it to make a track, surely it wouldn't be impossible, especially being as most of the footage, while amateur has quite high quality sound

#47 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

I'm curious if Amy recorded something with ?uestlove and Raphael Saadiq? And how about a duet with Cee Lo Green that was said to be done?

http://www.mtv.co.uk...th-cee-lo-green

“She and Cee Lo just clicked and he said he wouldn’t leave the island until the track was done”.

“Amy’s album is entirely finished, so it’s just a case of the record company deciding when to release it.”

#48 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

I think shortly after she died, Cee lo Green confirmed that they had spoken about recording a track but had not yet started it, I don't have a source but I read it on a website shortly after Amy's passing

#49 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

I'm curious if Amy recorded something with ?uestlove and Raphael Saadiq? And how about a duet with Cee Lo Green that was said to be done?

http://www.mtv.co.uk...th-cee-lo-green

“She and Cee Lo just clicked and he said he wouldn’t leave the island until the track was done”.

“Amy’s album is entirely finished, so it’s just a case of the record company deciding when to release it.”

If those are real quotes, they just made everything that more confusing...Is there a full album or isn't there a full album??

Either way, I think she's really got a 3rd album just sitting on a shelf waiting to be heard.

#50 Lorie

Lorie

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:05 AM

Unfortunately, in my opinion, it is all about the money and the sales, they will probably release the third album and a dvd for sure, it's just how it works today.. I hope some of the money goes to the AWF..

As for Amy, she looked good in 2011, healthier, better, older, and she started to gain wieght which was good.. happier even though, theres some sadness in her eyes ..

#51 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:29 AM

I doubt that, Wasn't it widely reported that the Brazil tour was only a one-off concert, same with Dubai, both of which happened in Janurary and February, respectively.

The promos were released in March, they weren't (as far as I know) used for her Summer comeback tour and that really only leaves one other option - the third album.

I drew a little something together to give an idea of what the 3rd Album might have looked like: (in the attachment)
I thought they appear very similar to the photos used as the cover and in the booklet for BTB:

B2B: Amy center of a room, sitting
Promo: Amy in center of a room, standing, posing
B2B: Amy sitting on a garden wall
Promo: Amy sitting on a window still

Imagine that, Amy Winehouse: Gutter, To me that sounds perfect, reflecting the frank attitude of Amy, as well as the whole atmosphere of the promos and her 3 year long recovery

The way you touched that up looks beautiful. The whole cover is beautiful. wish that really was the cover of the album........

#52 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

So I went back & looked at old photos and I realized that she just matured. Amy was pushing 30, she was no longer 23/24 anymore & it's not so much that her face changed, it just matured. I can honestly say that I think her drinking had nothing to do with it.

I agree on the most part - I certainly think she looked much more matured, womanly (less girlish) and maternal, but I do think it was somewhat down to substance abuse as well, if you look at videos/photos from 2006/2007 and early 2008, she looked very much the same, but when she hit her worst points you could see a visible difference.. like at the Nelson Mandela birthday concert and Glastonbury, she looks a lot different to what she did in 2006 and at the Grammy awards earlier that year.

Isn't it after drug abuse the face fills out differently, changing someone's appearance? Heroin especially?

Then again however, when I've seen pictures of her in 2011, WITHOUT the signature eye-liner, she looks incredibly like she did during the Frank era.

#53 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

I honestly don't think her looks changed so much, her face filled up a bit but she wore her hair and makeup differently so it made her look a bit more mature. And she got a bit crazy with the fake tan in 2010. In the Body&Soul interview and Belgrade she did look a bit bloated though.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#54 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

I honestly don't think her looks changed so much, her face filled up a bit but she wore her hair and makeup differently so it made her look a bit more mature. And she got a bit crazy with the fake tan in 2010. In the Body&Soul interview and Belgrade she did look a bit bloated though.

Yeah.. on the pics without the make up and fake tan, she looks fine - but that is another thing I noticed, how she looked bloated.. could that have been from the alcohol? then again Tony said she was 100% sober when they recorded Body and Soul :|

I don't understand why she wore the fake tan - she looked healthier without it, to be honest.

#55 Heymynamesamytoo!

Heymynamesamytoo!

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

Sorry if it's been mentioned already, I read a quote from Island that she did give them 12 new songs, but told them she did not want them released. Here's the link to Guardian article if it'll work:

Ok it won't let me post it, but google it or trust me :)

I also read in connection somehow with that Saving Amy book that she submitted some songs while in st Lucia and her label DIDN'T LIKE THEM. Wow.

Anyway yeah I thought 2011 was a great look for her and the voice was awesome as it had gotten deeper. Dammit!!! I would love to have a clear copy of boulevard o broke dreams from 2011 :(

#56 socubos

socubos

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

That would be really great if they would've had recorded the Brazil shows. Does anyone know if they did?

EVERY SHOW is recorded live, its question if the label want to release them...

I agree on the most part - I certainly think she looked much more matured, womanly (less girlish) and maternal, but I do think it was somewhat down to substance abuse as well, if you look at videos/photos from 2006/2007 and early 2008, she looked very much the same, but when she hit her worst points you could see a visible difference.. like at the Nelson Mandela birthday concert and Glastonbury, she looks a lot different to what she did in 2006 and at the Grammy awards earlier that year.

Isn't it after drug abuse the face fills out differently, changing someone's appearance? Heroin especially?

Then again however, when I've seen pictures of her in 2011, WITHOUT the signature eye-liner, she looks incredibly like she did during the Frank era.

Actually the changing face i explain with the losing weight. In "Frank" era she was lil bit heavier than B2B era... There was so much factors of Amy's transformation, such as drug, and alcohol abuse, maturing, different styles make up and hairdo, the glory take it's part, being popular make u look more relaxed and u get used to the surrounding world, the clothes style, a lot of factors, and it's whole miracle she could be even recognized, LOL :D
God i miss this girl...
Her and Aaliyah...

Edited by Wino, 05 February 2012 - 09:40 PM.
merged: double post

#57 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:21 AM

Another thing - I'm sure I read that Amy and Tony recorded B&S several times because they both knew when they messed up on a note or something - means there's more footage of Amy and Tony at work? will this ever be released?

#58 cez

cez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

I think there are some unreleased songs, but there's nothing we can do about ):

#59 socubos

socubos

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

Even if there is unreleased songs, thousands of them, if the label say NO, we cannot do anything .... Unless we pay some CIA agent to go there, and steal em, LOL
Just kidding, LOL... but my point is, that if Amy decided those songs not to be heard, we should respect that, unless there is songs which she said nothing about not to be released or those which she liked... so we have to stuck with those 3 and eventually whatever release come...
My dream is they leave me alone in "Lioness" for overnight, LOL

I guess she done a lot of covers. I can swear on that. The little problem is, that she just sang them, not resolved the copyrights issues... there is a lot factors a song could NOT be released... sadly.
Something in my mind tells me, that she also done duets. Remember she hang out with Pete Doherty, and few others...
She recorded much more than we though.. plus someone mentioned, the songs she sang live, to master them into studio recording... iam SURE there is studio recording of EVERY live song she sang... Im sure she made em in studio demos, at least to see how they could sound and put them in her own arrangement...

Edited by Wino, 05 February 2012 - 09:40 PM.
merged: double post

#60 AmyFanforever

AmyFanforever

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

I guess she done a lot of covers. I can swear on that. The little problem is, that she just sang them, not resolved the copyrights issues... there is a lot factors a song could NOT be released... sadly.
Something in my mind tells me, that she also done duets. Remember she hang out with Pete Doherty, and few others...
She recorded much more than we though.. plus someone mentioned, the songs she sang live, to master them into studio recording... iam SURE there is studio recording of EVERY live song she sang... Im sure she made em in studio demos, at least to see how they could sound and put them in her own arrangement...

I read some where that Amy wanted to do a cover album before she drop her third album.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users