492 replies to this topic

#31 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

I am not sure, but I googled it now and there are two articles, one saying they're rehearsing IN Brazil, the other one saying they're rehearsing FOR Brazil

She would have been rehearsing FOR Brazil, I've seen pics of her like that in London.. I think I have them saved..

Attached Files

#32 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

I doubt that, Wasn't it widely reported that the Brazil tour was only a one-off concert, same with Dubai, both of which happened in Janurary and February, respectively.

The promos were released in March, they weren't (as far as I know) used for her Summer comeback tour and that really only leaves one other option - the third album.

You're right, they were after Brazil. Sorry.

The only newer pictures of her recording I remember are these from 2010;
http://www.dailymail...w-material.html

So, what could have been recorded here? And why are they all lying about songs not being recorded but only written if what you are implying is true? The idea of them releasing Lioness and then the new album irks me a bit. Sounds like milking the cash cow to me, nothing less, nothing more. I mean all of those tracks on Lioness could have been given to fans in a different way then, Salaam could have posted his on his website (like he did with Round Midnight alternate version), Mark's got the radio show, and they could have just made a few tracks available on the Foundation website to buy through donations. But whatever.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#33 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

Rapper Lethal Bizzle says, “I was talking to Mark about Amy. He thinks she’s getting better and they are working together and will start recording soon. Everything he does is awesome. I think he’s brilliant and was excited when he wanted to work on my album. Me and Amy go way back too.”"

In the Summer of 2010 Mark said that he hasn't started working on her third album.

I think we have to wait, they won't release any new material from her until this christmas maybe. :-S

Edited by Wino, 05 February 2012 - 09:38 PM.
merged: double post

Amy flies in paradise

#34 carla spain

carla spain

I love you more than you'll ever know

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

I don't lose hope to hear something new.

#35 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

I think we have to wait, they won't release any new material from her until this christmas maybe. :-S

Or 23 July...
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#36 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

Yeah, you could be right, Vanessa. But i don't know, maybe it is too early for her record company.
Amy flies in paradise

#37 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:15 PM

Those pics from 2010 were taken when she recorded 'It's My Party' with Ronson for the Quincy Jones 'Bossa Nostra' album .

Edited by Sassy, 04 January 2012 - 03:55 PM.
edit

#38 Alexdurrant7

Alexdurrant7

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:23 PM

In the Summer of 2010 Mark said that he hasn't started working on her third album.

Sure, but Mark works on production, so as far as I'm aware he doesn't really need to do much until after the vocal recordings have been done.

#39 AmyFanforever

AmyFanforever

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:38 PM

You're right, they were after Brazil. Sorry.

The only newer pictures of her recording I remember are these from 2010;
http://www.dailymail...w-material.html

So, what could have been recorded here? And why are they all lying about songs not being recorded but only written if what you are implying is true? The idea of them releasing Lioness and then the new album irks me a bit. Sounds like milking the cash cow to me, nothing less, nothing more. I mean all of those tracks on Lioness could have been given to fans in a different way then, Salaam could have posted his on his website (like he did with Round Midnight alternate version), Mark's got the radio show, and they could have just made a few tracks available on the Foundation website to buy through donations. But whatever.

I think that The Lioness album was Salaam Remi's idea. Like he said Its no point on these songs just sitting around. I don't think it was a money thing. They probably are going to release a deluxe CD to Lioness with Demos from Back to black like Rehab, You know i'm no good , He Can Only Hold Her, Back to Black demo and i believe theres another demo to Wake Up Alone. And they put some more new/old songs that maybe from frank and back to black era.

Edited by Wino, 05 February 2012 - 09:38 PM.
merged: double post

#40 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

Those pics from 2010 were taken when she recorded 'It's My Party' with Ronson for the Quincy Jones 'Bossa Nova' album .

Oh, thanks for the info. I always thought that was made earlier on when she met Quincy in 2008.

There was that picture with Ian Barter that seemed to be from 2010/2011 in a recording studio? (I'm not sure if it was a studio) I wonder if they did some new songs together. He's collaborated with her before on When My Eyes and Trilby.

Posted Image

I also wonder if the Amy and Gorillaz track has ever been recorded, that would have been amazing.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#41 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:14 PM

Oh...When My Eyes or Beat The Point To Death....Perfect for the Deluxe Edition of Lioness: Hidden Treasures or the new album...

#42 Alexdurrant7

Alexdurrant7

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

Oh...When My Eyes or Beat The Point To Death....Perfect for the Deluxe Edition of Lioness: Hidden Treasures or the new album...

Nooooo, some unheard songs would be nice... or a decent recording of 'More Than You'll Ever Know' & "Boulevard of Broken Dreams".

#43 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

I've heard that she also recorded "Fly Me To The Moon" - and her friend Alex sent it to different record companies.
Amy flies in paradise

#44 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

Boulevard of Broken Dreams...only a live version...I think they had recorded it...So they can put it as ''Boulevard Of Broken Dreams (Live in Brazil 2011)''....I'd prefer it in a DVD, to watch her performance! She was stunning!!! :D

#45 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

That would be really great if they would've had recorded the Brazil shows. Does anyone know if they did?
Amy flies in paradise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users