124 replies to this topic

#91 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

^I have no clue. I'm still confused about some aspects of it as well.

Someone needs to visit and let us know if the ashes are there...

#92 Mint

Mint

This me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

I can only infer that they mean, it is not her final resting place because she is `ashes`. That seems a little bit of a clumsy and insensitive point to make. She would have a place to rest if she were not cremated?

Aside from that, can we confirm that she is `there`, however you see it?

#93 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

I still don`t get that comment though.

http://www.dailymail...mother-too.html

Has anyone/everyone seen the lot of little rocks and pebbles on the upper of the vertical stone with Amy's and Cynthia's name ! ! :heart:

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

^I have no clue. I'm still confused about some aspects of it as well.

Someone needs to visit and let us know if the ashes are there...

Maybe let it rest to know the exact place where the ashes is . It will be in the neighbarhood of the gravestone as the family has said (or under it) but when you give the exact location you can bring DIGGERS on a bad idea !

#94 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

Maybe let it rest to know the exact place where the ashes is . It will be in the neighbarhood of the gravestone as the family has said (or under it) but when you give the exact location you can bring DIGGERS on a bad idea !

nah, i'm just questioning if they are there with the memorial stone or elsewhere (private maybe?)... thanks to the media for confusion

#95 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

i thought that her and her Grandmothers ashes are buried where the headstone is.

this is her final resting place.

is this incorrect?

#96 Mint

Mint

This me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

It just resonates more for those who visit, to share a moment with her. I know it is only her vessel but it is most peoples only opportunity to ever physically be with Amy, to physically be with the girl in the photographs and the videos that have left such an lasting impression on their life. It`s more special to ponder this `with her` rather than, with an abstract thought of where she might be which you can do anywhere.
In regards to grave robbers, I am sure there is plenty of security, particularly in a populous civilized city like London. We have a CCTV culture in the UK, in London it is particularly prevalent. I am sure there would be many rich people buried there too and their families would want their loved ones looked after. Cemeteries face all kinds of security issues. Not just robbing but also attacking a grave to get back at someone or their family. It would be such an awful thing to happen that a cemetery in a civilized city would totally safe guard against it. Not just for Amy but for everyone.
Flipping sloppy journalism! Why would a newspaper say that and then not elaborate?

#97 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

i thought that her and her Grandmothers ashes are buried where the headstone is.

this is her final resting place.

is this incorrect?

Mitch has told : "The ashes is near to the monument" It's enough to me ! :heart:

#98 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

I think we should let it rest, or at least, stop bothering Mitch about these things. I think it's amazing that the gravestone is on a public graveyard, which I didn't expect in the first place. You see, in the end, it's the family's decision, and I could think of many reasons to keep it private. The same thing goes for her ashes. I've heard and read many stories about it, but I think I should just let it be. The gravestone is enough, for me.

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#99 Mint

Mint

This me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

After looking at the headstone again and it`s design, it seems logical to have the ashes inside the raised flush platform where the book stands on top. After all, that`s why we have head stones.
I guess the "not the final resting place" comment was just clumsy journalism right?

#100 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

Seeing her on video is enough for me, haha. The memorial stone is recognizing her as if she was any other person, which of course she was not. I'm just starting to replace this image with her face. The idea that her ashes are the closest I'll "physically" be able to be to her is upsetting though.

#101 Mint

Mint

This me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

Seeing her on video is enough for me, haha. The memorial stone is recognizing her as if she was any other person, which of course she was not. I'm just starting to replace this image with her face. The idea that her ashes are the closest I'll "physically" be able to be to her is upsetting though.

Sorry. I do feel insensitive talking about this.

#102 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

^I think it's curiosity more than insensitivity ;)

#103 Mint

Mint

This me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

Yeah I just personally want to visit and was a bit disappointed by that comment in the newspaper because for me, it would be nice to share that moment knowing I`m not kidding myself. That would be a special moment for me.

#104 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

^I understand it. It's a very weird feeling for me though. If I ever make it to London, we'll see if I make the memorial one of my stops. I sort of rather be dead than know I'll never have the possibility of meeting her... sorry, that's depressing.

#105 Mint

Mint

This me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

Even if you do not make the memorial, I know you would love London. It was/is part of Amy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amy winehoouse, cemetery, grave, london

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users