• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#61 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

I don't like the fact that Amy's death during her relationship with Reg cemented him as her "forever fiancé". I feel that had she lived, nothing is to say they would've lasted, he might've been just another boyfriend on her list, not insignificant, yet just another name, like Alex Clare... I find that his status as near husband (that's at least how Mitch likes to represent him), etched forever on the gravestone, is a mere fabrication, like a rewriting of history by Mitch because he cared so much about Amy's reputation and trying to paint her with a better brush.

I swear, if Mitch could rewrite B2B and the fact that is was inspired by Blake, he would...

#62 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

Maybe they are on the right side... see where the cement looking portion is? I'm not sure... according to the report there is a rose marking or something?

From the Sun: "Amy’s ashes were interred next to the memorial in a plot which will be marked with a rose."

cute cropped pic of her
http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

"The site in Edgeware does not mark the final resting place of Amy as she was cremated shortly after her death."

Huh?

So , from this point of view the "gravestone" is a MEMORIAL when Amy and Cynthia's ashes where NOT earthed under it . There ashes are buried somewhere else . Not a problem for me , When i go to the memorial a can bring Amy honour on that place and lay some flowers . It's much more worth than laying flowers at the fence of her house on Camden-Square . Also no problem to visit both places and laying flowers ! :heart:

#63 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

Am I right in believing that in Jewish culture you place rocks on the gravestone, not flowers? (or maybe flowers also). You can already see a few on the photo, and from my very distant memory of visiting a jewish cemetry, I remember there were rocks everywhere. I'm not sure what it represents, but I like that gesture, more lasting thatn flowers I guess...

#64 Mutterkorn1

Mutterkorn1

Hippiezwerg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

i go to london in 3 weeks, is there a chance to go there:sorrow:
:heart:Posted Image

#65 Johanna

Johanna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

Am I right in believing that in Jewish culture you place rocks on the gravestone, not flowers? (or maybe flowers also). You can already see a few on the photo, and from my very distant memory of visiting a jewish cemetry, I remember there were rocks everywhere. I'm not sure what it represents, but I like that gesture, more lasting thatn flowers I guess...

Oh shure , i know you place a little rock on the stone as whitness you where visiting the grave . It's a tradition we do also on graves more and more on the graveyard from us , not being yews here in our city . .....Ofcourse i will place also a rock besides the flowers ( Red Roses ) when i visit Amy's grave in future . All who knows me know it will a big pile of roses i go left there and a HUGE ROCK ! Big enough to hammer my name in it ! :concern: .....No it's a yoke , the rock will be a little one like any other normal person does . :heart:

#66 Mutterkorn1

Mutterkorn1

Hippiezwerg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

really open ...i will go there then ..auwehh:crushed:

#67 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

I didn't realise the rock thing was quite widespread, I thought it was just a jewish thing. To be honest, I never go to cemetries, all my dead friends/family members are buried far far away, so I never see their graves...

I bet your bouquet of roses will be the biggest one there ;-) [MENTION=2338]Johanna[/MENTION]

#68 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

In the Netherlands it seems to be quite normal to leave rocks at a gravestone too, as Johanna said. I leave a new small rock on my grandmother's gravestone every year. I think leaving rocks is a brilliant idea. Flowers don't last and, let's be honest, it can get a little messy sometimes, depending on the weather.

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#69 masterac

masterac

Affected . . .

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

TMZ did a small little segment on the gravestone for their tv show. They were making a joke out of how Cynthia's name is on top, saying "Amy didn't even get top billing on her own gravestone".

I know it's TMZ--they're not exactly known for their moral integrity--but I still found the segment in bad taste.

At the end of the clip they added another insult about how all Amy did was sing about going to rehab and then die because she didn't go to rehab. I don't know, I just don't think they would have summed up Whitney Houston or Michael Jackson's life that way. It was so disrespectful, even for TMZ.

I didn't mind as much when they were doggin her for acting crazy out in the streets---cause she was alive you know? But now, ulg.
“If you don't throw yourself into something, you'll never know what you could have had.” - Amy Winehouse

#70 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

In the Netherlands it seems to be quite normal to leave rocks at a gravestone too, as Johanna said. I leave a new small rock on my grandmother's gravestone every year. I think leaving rocks is a brilliant idea. Flowers don't last and, let's be honest, it can get a little messy sometimes, depending on the weather.

I've never heard of the rock idea so it's kind of strange to me. What kind of rock? An especially pretty one? Haha I have no idea...

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

I don't know, I just don't think they would have summed up Whitney Houston or Michael Jackson's life that way. It was so disrespectful, even for TMZ.

Well, there's an obvious lack of respect for people in general in our society... all because we want to watch or hear about the train wreck. But do you remember that the National Enquierer put Whitney's casket photo on the cover?
People refuse to see Amy's talent because she was an unconventional looking woman and the first associations with her are Rehab and drug addiction. It's a real shame. I hope in the coming years this will all improve, but I really doubt it.

#71 ReneGH

ReneGH

Hoping to be some sort of artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:07 AM

wow, nice info, good to know.

#72 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

Has this been posted. I have no details on it, just the picture.

Look at "AA B12" shortcut on the monument - can it be the exact location on the cemetary?

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Perhaps, just a thought as I have no proof of this, the people listed on the headstone donated to the cost of the headstone/burial plot?

I couldn't imagine just listing random friends and relatives, as you'll never be able to list everyone who made an impact on one's life.

edit: and it just doesn't make sense to me, if it is in fact just a list of friends who meant a great deal to her, that Blake Wood would've been left from this list, especially with how often and with such fondness her father mentions him in his book.

Here you're right. There are mentions of ppl who founded/payed for the monument. Traditionally it's just this way.
"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#73 Johanna

Johanna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

I've never heard of the rock idea so it's kind of strange to me. What kind of rock? An especially pretty one? Haha I have no idea...

No Allisost , you leave an ordinairy stone on the grave , a little one , in fact some pebble , just for letting know the other visitors there was someone before that visits the grave . Mostly the wind blows the stones off at some time . so it can be repeaded by your next visit . .....So a request to all visitors : Use little stones not HUGE ONES ! We do'nt want the Memorial covered with rocks and bricks ! :stupid:

#74 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:18 AM

I can hardly believe there's a grave for Amy Winehouse. She should still be here. :(

Posted Image
Amy J. Winehouse

1983 -

#75 masterac

masterac

Affected . . .

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Well, there's an obvious lack of respect for people in general in our society... all because we want to watch or hear about the train wreck. But do you remember that the National Enquierer put Whitney's casket photo on the cover?
People refuse to see Amy's talent because she was an unconventional looking woman and the first associations with her are Rehab and drug addiction. It's a real shame. I hope in the coming years this will all improve, but I really doubt it.

I didn't know that about Enquierer putting Whitney's casket photo on the cover. I'm sure people were just as disrespectful to Whitney but I didn't notice cause I'm not as big a fan of her's as I am Amy's.

I see now why Mitch and the family have made some efforts to improve the way she's remembered. But I'm like you, doubtful Amy will get the respect she truly deserves.

In college I took a History of Rock and Roll class--it was the best class I took out of all four years of school. We studied a lot of the obvious greats like Elvis and Chuck Berry and Little Richard. All of them had snipits about their personal issues but for the most part we studied their contribution to music. I don't think Elvis is known for his drug problem (even tho he had a major problem which caused his death), and I don't think Chuck Berry is known for sexually harrassing women (even though he was sued by 59 women). Perhaps it will be impossible for Amy's legacy to be strictly about the music because so many of her songs tie into her problems.

One thing that makes me feel better is that I can name so many artists who also have similar legacy's to what Amy might have. Johnny Cash's legacy is dripping with his battles of drug abuse and scandalous affairs--yet he is still very much admired and respected. No one hardly ever mentions Nirvana or Kurt Cobaine without mentioning his drug abuse or depression and, again, his work is still admired by music fans.
“If you don't throw yourself into something, you'll never know what you could have had.” - Amy Winehouse

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amy winehoouse, cemetery, grave, london

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users