124 replies to this topic

#46 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

I can't remember where (possibly the book, I don't know), but I can remember reading that some of her friends distanced themselves from her in late 07/08 when the drugs got bad and I got the impression that quote was referring to Juliette. I don't know for sure though. As for Blake, I'd have been more shocked if he was on it. He was her ex-husband and Reg was who she had been with and presumably was in love with in her last few years. I know when I die, I wouldn't particularly want my exes on my gravestone even if I did still care for them (albeit not in a romantic way).

As for the gravestone, it's nice. It's sad that there is a sense of finality seeing it but it's a beautiful tribute.

#47 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

Wtf ? It doesn't do justice to Amy that have ''forgotten'' to mention Blake. I mean, Back To Black is fully based on him. Why Reg is on this list if Blake is not there? Totally unfair. I don't understand and I'm quite shocked.

I'm not surprised but honestly I don't know if Reg deserves to be on there. Relationships are so iffy. Frank is about a few guys... I don't think they're listed... it's not an "exes" list although that wouldn't be that much weirder than this.
The memorial seems to have a family tone rather than Amy, the individual, musicial icon... which is probably what she would have wanted... can't say I would be like that since I don't particularly like anyone in my family haha. I would want a quote that fit my personality...

#48 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

Has this been posted. I have no details on it, just the picture.

Posted Image

#49 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

Perhaps, just a thought as I have no proof of this, the people listed on the headstone donated to the cost of the headstone/burial plot?

I couldn't imagine just listing random friends and relatives, as you'll never be able to list everyone who made an impact on one's life.

edit: and it just doesn't make sense to me, if it is in fact just a list of friends who meant a great deal to her, that Blake Wood would've been left from this list, especially with how often and with such fondness her father mentions him in his book.

#50 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

^Maybe they didn't want to have him confused with the other Blake so they left him out? I think the left side of the list is Cynthia's friends, right?

Edited by allisost, 22 September 2012 - 10:07 PM.

#51 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

So I will merge it with the other thread.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Done.

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#52 Yuni13eunice

Yuni13eunice

Yuni,Yuni,Yuni&Yuni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

Wtf ? It doesn't do justice to Amy that have ''forgotten'' to mention Blake. I mean, Back To Black is fully based on him. Why Reg is on this list if Blake is not there? Totally unfair. I don't understand and I'm quite shocked.

Well they are legally divorce, what'd you expect having Mitch put Blake name on it? Personally I think it would be too much for the family to go through and see Blake's name on it. Amy loved him and B2B album was based on Blake what more do you want? I think that is enough and like what Mitch said in the book Amy went through hell because of him. So that is a constant reminder to Amy's family what she had gone through during the period she was married to Blake. In the end of the day you won't understand because you don't have a kid like Mitch has Amy as his daughter.

As for Reg is mentioned in the gravestone well he was around for the last 2 years of Amy's life, they might have some rough road between them. We were not there to witnessed the whole relationship between Reg and Amy comparing to Blake and Amy.

It's a family matter of why they decide to put names on the gravestone. I am glad that Amy is finally resting in peace and perhaps the fans can go and visit the grave.

#53 Mint

Mint

This me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:10 AM

Where would her and Cynthia`s ashes be scattered in relation to the grave?

#54 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

Where would her and Cynthia`s ashes be scattered in relation to the grave?

Do you mean where are the ashes buried in relation to the stone?

Edited by allisost, 23 September 2012 - 12:43 PM.

#55 Mint

Mint

This me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

Do you mean where are the ashes buried in relation to the stone?

Yeah sorry, I do mean buried. I thought the gravestone is so well designed that maybe they are kept somewhere a little more innovative as part of the design other than just burying them under the ground.

#56 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

Yeah sorry, I do mean buried. I thought the gravestone is so well designed that maybe they are kept somewhere a little more innovative as part of the design other than just burying them under the ground.

Maybe they are on the right side... see where the cement looking portion is? I'm not sure... according to the report there is a rose marking or something?

From the Sun: "Amy’s ashes were interred next to the memorial in a plot which will be marked with a rose."

cute cropped pic of her
http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

"The site in Edgeware does not mark the final resting place of Amy as she was cremated shortly after her death."

Huh?

Edited by allisost, 23 September 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#57 Mint

Mint

This me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

"The site in Edgeware does not mark the final resting place of Amy as she was cremated shortly after her death."

Yeah what does that mean?

Ok so the interment site is marked by a rose.
I find it so strange that she is `there` because whenever I visit London, I park in a place called Stanmore and get the train into central London. Stanmore is close to Edgeware and, looking on a map, I drive right up close to Edgeware cemetery as I try to get back on the motorway that takes me home.
So now, everytime I come off the M1 or am heading back onto the M1 after a day in London, I will always look over and think of her. I associate her so much with London that it is almost poetic that I will be able to say hello or goodbye everytime I visit. She has added so much magic to the city in life and death.

#58 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

when i looked at it the first time, i only thought: REG?? really? and not Blake?
and then it struck me ... this is a FAMILY memorial, dedicated to cynthia AND amy
mitch cant stand blake, so why would he put his name on there? near his mom and daughter?
it would be hypocritical.
now, as for juliette ... i guess i'm shocked mitch omitted her name since she was amys childhood friend
but nobody knows what really happened there
all i know is that things did not end up well between them - there was too much pain from amys addictions. more than juliette could handle.
i dont like the stone and l will not make a point 2 visit it when i go to london.
somehow i feel that visiting the pubs and getting a beehive beer would bring me closer to amys spirit
not this lonely place,,, peace

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#59 Yuni13eunice

Yuni13eunice

Yuni,Yuni,Yuni&Yuni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

when i looked at it the first time, i only thought: REG?? really? and not Blake?
and then it struck me ... this is a FAMILY memorial, dedicated to cynthia AND amy
mitch cant stand blake, so why would he put his name on there? near his mom and daughter?
it would be hypocritical.
now, as for juliette ... i guess i'm shocked mitch omitted her name since she was amys childhood friend
but nobody knows what really happened there
all i know is that things did not end up well between them - there was too much pain from amys addictions. more than juliette could handle.
i dont like the stone and l will not make a point 2 visit it when i go to london.
somehow i feel that visiting the pubs and getting a beehive beer would bring me closer to amys spirit
not this lonely place,,, peace

I always think that putting on the names of boyfriends/friends on the gravestone is a bad idea, indeed will involve the disappointment, angry, and feeling of left out.

Juliette is not only one is missing, as well so is Amy's friend named Remi Nicole. Also Kelly Osbourne mentioned that Amy is one of her best friends and yet her name is not there as well. To be quite honest I did not expect that there would be names of boyfriend/ friends written on gravestone. When I saw Reg name there I suddenly thought mmm that is obviously Mitch appreciates Reg more than Blake which it is obviously. From my perspective I think Reg brings out the good things whilst Blake brings out the bad in the relationship with Amy. In Mitch's book Mitch explained that Amy complained that Reg won't move in with Amy soon because he doesn't want to be painting as a "Taking advantage" on Amy. I truly think Reg is a gentleman, I know there is some trouble in the relationship between Amy and Reg regarding that Reg was seen with his ex girlfriend. I changed my perspective on Reg on the day Amy died when the picture showed that he was standing opposite from the huge group of people who stopped by at Amy's flat to pay the tribute, Reg looked grief-stricken, I thought to myself he indeed is into Amy than I really thought.

Oh also I almost forgot to add one, Mitch explained in his book that Reg and Amy planned to get married so literally I guess they were "sort of" engaged shortly before Amy's death so I guess that is explainable that his name is on the gravestone.

Edited by Yuni13eunice, 24 September 2012 - 02:05 PM.

#60 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

Looking at her gravestone made me realize the wounds are still fresh, even though I knew they were.. but in the back of my mind I tried to ignore how much I have missed our Ames.. and now seeing her gravestone has made it more real.. it's devastating just to look at it. I miss her so much I could cry all day.

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amy winehoouse, cemetery, grave, london

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users