Photo
- - - - -

WEird questions - continuation - Camden lioness etc.

q&a questions

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#31 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

I have had this discussion with a friend and what I said then, and I say it now is that the dress at Madame Tussauds - I'm 99% sure that it was a replica and not her actual dress. I'm pretty sure they make replicas of the stars clothes and do not use the real deal. I mean 1000's (probably) of people everyday go to Madame Tussauds and take pictures and put their hands on the poor figures (& clothes). Imagine someone ripping a original dress, Amy's, Angelina Jolie's, Lady Gaga's or whatever!

I am not a 100% on this one but it sounds logic to me. =)
Also, they do change clothes on the wax figures from time to time.

maybe we could find the answer if we knew which came first - Amy's funeral, or the removal of the yellow dress from her waxwork

at his side and drunk on pride
we wait for the blow

#32 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

^ Befoooore: http://www.flickr.co...ane/5137454239/

I'm so happy to know this.

Looks like they change back and forth? Maybe they'll change it back to the yellow sometime.. they also seem to alternate between 4 pairs of earrings
http://www.flickr.co...q=amy winehouse

ha still love this http://www.glamourma...madame-tussauds

Edited by allisost, 21 August 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#33 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

^ Befoooore: http://www.flickr.co...ane/5137454239/

I'm so happy to know this.

Looks like they change back and forth? Maybe they'll change it back to the yellow sometime.. they also seem to alternate between 4 pairs of earrings
http://www.flickr.co...q=amy winehouse

ha still love this http://www.glamourma...madame-tussauds

this is good news, begs the question if there was any truth to the 'favourite yellow dress' story

at his side and drunk on pride
we wait for the blow

#34 dunkinz

dunkinz

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:49 AM

I really hope you will not take personally what I will say. I don't judge you. You had the chance to talk to Amy and I understand perfectly that you'd needed to ask her to take care of her. This is a proof of your love for her.

However, I must admit that I understand Amy for have been angry. (If of course she was) People who abuse drugs have sufficiently ashamed of their behavior towards their friends, family and even against themselves. (I know what I' talking about) So if strangers mingle of this so private side of their lives, it becomes very difficult to manage and I think Amy was hoping to talk about something else, you know.

I don't criticize what you did. Plus, I admire you for having the courage to say this, but at the same time, could you imagine being told by a stranger, to take your life back?

yeah I completely understand what you mean... but do you remember how she was back then? i loved her too much and desperately wanted her to get better. i remember thinking that maybe she would be moved if we show her how much we love her. I also stated that I really amazed by her relationship with B. i might be wrong by sending her message that offended her. but i couldn't say i regretted it. she was so nice by replying my message and it was surely the best day of my life.

another random Q:
what musical instrument amy had in her house besides guitars and drums? i've always wondered what instruments she capable of besides guitar and piano?
  • Love is a losing game likes this
You're wondering now, what to do.. Now you know this is the end.
You're wondering how, you will pay for the way you misbehaved.

I will love you forever Amy Jade x

#35 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

yeah I completely understand what you mean... but do you remember how she was back then? i loved her too much and desperately wanted her to get better. i remember thinking that maybe she would be moved if we show her how much we love her. I also stated that I really amazed by her relationship with B. i might be wrong by sending her message that offended her. but i couldn't say i regretted it. she was so nice by replying my message and it was surely the best day of my life.

Yes, I completely understand your reasons. You can have a clear conscience and tell you that you have at least tried to do something for saving her. You are very lucky to have had the chance to talk to her. I talked to her Dad but of course, it's not the same !

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#36 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:07 AM

on politics: on twitter she follows Obama haha

I'm so happy about that! There's nothing better then one that doesn't get involved in politics, it generally makes them so much nicer and pleasant :)

I'm nice BECAUSE of my political views hahah. No, I get what you mean, but at the same time I hate when people have no clue about anything that's going on. Politics is the only place where adults can act like little kids. Actually I bet little kids act better. But honestly I don't like when people are in the middle about everything, there should be something you care about!

Edited by allisost, 22 August 2012 - 04:15 AM.

#37 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:46 AM

another random Q:
what musical instrument amy had in her house besides guitars and drums? i've always wondered what instruments she capable of besides guitar and piano?

Yeah, guitar, piano, ukulele. She learned to play trumpet and drums as well.

TRUMPET

Look at 0:55 ;)

DRUMS

What did she have at home? I think many guitars, drums set and some keybord probably (look at the pic from her previous flat).

Posted Image

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

And I have more questions:

- Can we try to identify some of Amy's guitars. (more of a proposal than question, lol)

- What was Amy's fav tea?

Edited by ancre, 22 August 2012 - 05:53 AM.

"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#38 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

Thanks for clearing up the issue about the yellow dress, so it might be an invented story that her favourite dress was the yellow one and she got cremated in it...I also remember reading somewhere that her friends helped do her make up...and I remember thinking: I didn't think they allowed you to do that, you ask the funeral parlour what you want (normally with a photo of the deceased) and they copy it as best they can.

Anyway, can you imagine if it was your job to undress and dress Amy's wax figure?!! I would love that job...I'd make sure that she's wearing Agent Provocateur under there! ;-)

#39 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

I also remember reading somewhere that her friends helped do her make up...and I remember thinking: I didn't think they allowed you to do that, you ask the funeral parlour what you want (normally with a photo of the deceased) and they copy it as best they can.

I always thought it was normal because my old hairdresser had really old clients and would get asked if she would come in and do their hair after they died :-\ I'm sure they prepare the body up to a certain point, but after that make up and hair should be okay to do. It really makes me sad to think about Amy this way... I know she probably slept many times with her winged eyes on, but to imagine them closed like that really breaks my heart. But yeah that story is probably bullshit...
I found an article that says "two of her assistants"... that makes more sense than "friends"

#40 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

I'm nice BECAUSE of my political views hahah. No, I get what you mean, but at the same time I hate when people have no clue about anything that's going on. Politics is the only place where adults can act like little kids. Actually I bet little kids act better. But honestly I don't like when people are in the middle about everything, there should be something you care about!

It's definitely good to have opinions and views, but by "smile and nod" it means she doesn't care to discuss it with others because politics really brings out the worst in people. I love the fact that, unlike so many other celebrities, she didn't use her stardom as a platform for her political views, it just makes her so much nicer that way imo :)

Posted Image
Amy J. Winehouse

1983 -

#41 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:43 AM

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

And I have more questions:

- What was Amy's fav tea?

In this video she is buying PG Tips Tea @ about 1:36

Here's an article that also talks about her drinking Yorkshire Tea
http://www.thegrocer.../199437.article

Edited by Uno, 23 August 2012 - 01:55 AM.

Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#42 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:09 AM

I always thought it was normal because my old hairdresser had really old clients and would get asked if she would come in and do their hair after they died :-\ I'm sure they prepare the body up to a certain point, but after that make up and hair should be okay to do. It really makes me sad to think about Amy this way... I know she probably slept many times with her winged eyes on, but to imagine them closed like that really breaks my heart. But yeah that story is probably bullshit...
I found an article that says "two of her assistants"... that makes more sense than "friends"

I did not know that you could do makeup and hair, I stand corrected. We'll never really know if it's true, but I just can't imagine Lelly Osbourne for example applying her winged makeup. That must be really hard to deal with, makes me shudder.

#43 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

In this video she is buying PG Tips Tea @ about 1:36

It's amazing what you can learn from a person just by being observant. ^^

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#44 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

I did not know that you could do makeup and hair, I stand corrected. We'll never really know if it's true, but I just can't imagine Lelly Osbourne for example applying her winged makeup. That must be really hard to deal with, makes me shudder.

But of course it's possible to wash, dress and make-up the dear person this last time. it's something that was very normal and common in the past. Ppl nowdays usually don't want to do it though. Amy was prepared by Catriona, her friend, as I read somewhere.

Amy Winehouse's close friend Catriona Gourlay helped wash and prepare her body before it was placed in the casket.
http://www.allvoices...odbye-to-singer

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Another question in the meantime:

Has Amy ever had a cleaning lady in her house or she did everything by herself?
"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#45 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

Catriona? http://www.thesun.co...t-The-Code.html
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5517[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5518[/ATTACH]

I couldn't imagine beautifying her for the last time, but some people are calmer than others in those situations. I'm sure seeing her peaceful brought the closure a lot of us are missing.

Edited by allisost, 23 August 2012 - 03:29 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: q&amp;a, questions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users