Photo
- - - - -

Amy Winehouse: A family portrait at the Jewish Museum in Camden!

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#61 Nineandfourteen

Nineandfourteen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

^How'd I know you would come back and edit that?

Because I second guess my each and every move. And when I'm not sure if its right, I'll add in something or distract from what I did. My logic...

#62 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

[MENTION=2686]Mrs. Jones[/MENTION] You're right, it is about the behavior, but I personally can't see how seeing eating disorders as an addiction will further our understanding of it, although the idea does seem to fit in with Amy's addictive personality. Addiction and obsession, while they seem related aren't the same thing because the origin and the way it affects the brain is different...how I see it anyway. I think as a society we've become obsessed ;) with saying someone is an addict of this or that.. so anorexics are addicts of control, starving themselves, or whatever? Eh, I'm just being picky, but drug addicts are dependent, people with eating disorders have abnormal mental thoughts, although of course in both cases a mental disorder is mostly likely creating the issue in the first place, which sounds like I just contradicted myself but I just suck at explaining what I mean.

#63 Nineandfourteen

Nineandfourteen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

[MENTION=2636]allisost[/MENTION] Girl... You have me confused. Do you mean drugs are an addiction but an eating disorder is an obsession (wanting to be thin)?

#64 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:50 PM

why are we so off topic???

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#65 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

^Sorry, it should be in the other thread where Alex talks about the bulimia.

#66 AnnaAnna

AnnaAnna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

I was there last week. It's a really nice, but small exhibition, just one room.
I really like Alex notes, but the highlights for me are Amys clothes. There are some well known pieces in the collection, the Luella robe from Glastonbury is really beautiful and really tiny.
Another highlight is her CD-collection, she had George Michaels Greatest Hits:-)!

IN the Museums entrance hall is the Shperds Bush dress with her worn Ballett Pumps on display, 2 pics, just very fast mde with an iphone...taking pics is not allowed.
Posted Image
Posted Image

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

The dress...
Posted Image

#67 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:47 AM

LOVE!:heart:

#68 AnnaAnna

AnnaAnna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

I think, the Winehouse family donated the dress to the museum and it will be on permanent display.

#69 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

Hoping to see this in a couple of weeks. Will I need to pre-book, is it really busy?
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#70 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:05 PM

Hoping to see this in a couple of weeks. Will I need to pre-book, is it really busy?

I am going on Wednesday and pre-booked as I read an article about it & it said it was selling out! It's really easy to pre-book online!
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#71 Nineandfourteen

Nineandfourteen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

^ The dress just doesn't look the same without the belt scrunching it up like Amy had it

#72 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

Could you please write me if I can buy ticket not online but in the ticket office in the museum? Have you seen visitors buying tickets there? I'm going to be in London but with other turists ( a large group) so it's difficult for me to plan exactly and prebook...
"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#73 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

[MENTION=2467]ancre[/MENTION] When I went people were buying tickets at the door and it seemed no problem to get in for them. However, I am not sure how many people they allow in at one time so you might want the call the museum ahead and ask. The space where the exhibition is in is small so they may limit numbers.

It is amazing though - i cried. Definitely worth going. It is really easy to find too.
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#74 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

[MENTION=2457]Tiny Penny[/MENTION] - Thank you! I was curious if you liked it. Now I see it's really good. I'm going to be in London in September 9th-12th and I'm really looking forward to see the exhibition.
"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#75 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

@ancre Oh I loved it! I had the most perfect day in Camden - the sun was shining and I felt Amy all around. The exhibition is small but it is special to see some of her personal items and to read the comments about her by her family. I found it very emotional - it kind of brought her to life you know! I hope you have a lovely time in London!

Edited by Tiny Penny, 20 August 2013 - 05:36 PM.
typo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users