• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#16 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

don't mean to come across as a bitch but i'll bitch, why do u care what people ink on their body? does it really bug u that much, it's permanent unless they wish to go through 5+ laser treatments...but really, i got a lot of shit from my aunt when i got my nose pierced, and that's something u CAN remove...i just don't get why other people's 'accessories' burden others lives so much? it's not on ur skin, u don't have to look at it 24.7, you'll see one potentially ugly picture of it on fb aaaaaaaaand it's gone, if u see it on a day to day basis because they are actually ur friend then u need to focus on them as a person instead of their ink

edit: and im not saying ive never seen a tat and been like...thats fucking ugly, why would he/she get that...of course i have. but i dont care if ppl get a generic butterfly/dreamcatcher/whatever else or something they have drawn personally..makes no difference to me..so if it's artificial, it has to mean something? so every stroke of eyeliner i draw has to be sentimental to me and individual or its generic? i dont get it

You're not coming across bitchy... but I think you've read too much into my comments. I said I was a tattoo snob, in that I do have an opinion about the ugly ass generic ones which I see everywhere nowadays, and that I'm aware it makes me judgemental (shoot me!), but I wouldn't say it "burdens my life" nor that I focus on just that, it doesn't stop me from sleeping at night. It was just an observation as tattoos have exploded in the last decade. It was more a comment on the phenomenon of tattoos become trendy, just like fixies for example (oh don't get me started on those ;p), and the fact that some people blindly conform just because it's the latest trend. That bugs me, when the subject is brought up. In the bar I worked in I actually heard a girl say to her friend "I'm getting a tattoo. Well I have to, I mean everyone's doing it"...I just think it's a shame.
But don't mind me, I'm just an older bitch ranting in the corner, I don't actually care what tattoos any of you have or if you picked it out a catalogue, it doesn't affect me.

#17 Eva

Eva

Banned Bitch!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

You're not coming across bitchy... but I think you've read too much into my comments. I said I was a tattoo snob, in that I do have an opinion about the ugly ass generic ones which I see everywhere nowadays, and that I'm aware it makes me judgemental (shoot me!), but I wouldn't say it "burdens my life" nor that I focus on just that, it doesn't stop me from sleeping at night. It was just an observation as tattoos have exploded in the last decade. It was more a comment on the phenomenon of tattoos become trendy, just like fixies for example (oh don't get me started on those ;p), and the fact that some people blindly conform just because it's the latest trend. That bugs me, when the subject is brought up. In the bar I worked in I actually heard a girl say to her friend "I'm getting a tattoo. Well I have to, I mean everyone's doing it"...I just think it's a shame.
But don't mind me, I'm just an older bitch ranting in the corner, I don't actually care what tattoos any of you have or if you picked it out a catalogue, it doesn't affect me.

haha Im sorry, I was kinda jokin with that whole thing, I didnt expect anyone to get it, but I was kinda referring to south park too....but now that you've mentioned it, everyone judges one another, I'm not gods angel either. the only thing I get confused about is ppl hating on what others choose to do with their body excessively, obviously u ain't one of them, it's just something that shits u and we all have that. if the peeps from tumblr removed their testes i'm sure everyone would start doin it, all u need is a mascot for it, some kind of celebrity, kim k will do i guess, im sure she got testes down there somewhere....and the sheep will follow u to the slaughterhouse. it's happened since the dawn of time and will keep happening, no one takes pride in originality, u dont need to go out of ur way to make sure u are noticed amongst the crowd but god damn u dont need to do out of ur way to prove u fit in either.

"sometimes I go about in pity for myself,
and all the while a great wind is bearing me across the sky...
"

I wanna keep you here laying next to me
sharin our love between the sheets

起死回生

#18 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:30 PM

You both are too intelligent.. but um evang made my head explode...had a bit of an aha! moment.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

I wouldn't say it "burdens my life" nor that I focus on just that, it doesn't stop me from sleeping at night.

That reminds me I had a few nights of insomnia when my friend got her lizard..I mean seahorse..tattoo. That thing is a nightmare :nightmare: I love her but I still think she's stupid as hell.

#19 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

I think more guys approach women with tattoo's because it gives them something to open with or talk about. If she doesn't have a tattoo guys could walk up to her and say, you know, your arm would look bitching with a serpent with a machine gun.
Next.
I was in a head shop one day(I thought it was a bakery). A girl was waiting by me and her arm(sleeve?) was incredible and she was lovely. What was my point??
Instead of saying that I don't like tattoo's I ask about their ink and have had some great conversations.
So, what started this culture shift a few decades ago?

#20 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

Thanks for giving me another reason not to get a tattoo... I don't want guys coming up to me and asking what my generic butterfly tattoo means.
It's not hard to talk to women...just be normal, or something ha ha

Here's wiki on lower-back tattoos, sorry too lazy to write it myself
http://en.wikipedia....wer-back_tattoo

#21 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

Thanks for giving me another reason not to get a tattoo... I don't want guys coming up to me and asking what my generic butterfly tattoo means.
It's not hard to talk to women...just be normal, or something ha ha

Here's wiki on lower-back tattoos, sorry too lazy to write it myself
http://en.wikipedia....wer-back_tattoo

I'vr also heard them called snatch patches.

#22 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

haha I think that's referring to something else :confused:

#23 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

It would make make sense that way!

#24 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

^I'm not surprised that you are nerdy ;), but I wouldn't expect a dragon on your back :surprise:

my question has always been why are we judging women for putting something on a part of her body just because that part is considered sexy (with the term tramp stamp)? I believe you have the right to express yourself however you want without assumptions being made about your sexuality. maybe it's not everyone's tastes, but it doesn't necessarily say something negative about the person.

haha! I'm super nerdy; dragons have ALWAYS been my thing. My father is/was an artist, and I used to make him draw me pictures of dragons and castles all the time when I was a little kid. My tattoos aren't tough masculine dragons, though, which is why I liked them so much. It's two of these:
Attached File  dragon-cute.jpg   41KB   10 downloads

They're facing each other across my lower back. The tails come almost together about 1 inch from my pants line, and the body/head extends up to about 1/3 up by back. I've had them for a good 6 or 7 years, and they're still my favorite :D

#25 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

Her B2B tattoos, which she got in pretty rapid succession, are, I believe, closely tied to Blake. Whether it was to impress him/look like him/get his attention or whatever...

Pretty much. I'm not sure whether it's admirable or a bit sad, but she did go very far to get his attention. I'm not a big fan of tattoos but I liked hers, especially the birdy and 'hey sailor'.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#26 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

haha! I'm super nerdy; dragons have ALWAYS been my thing. My father is/was an artist, and I used to make him draw me pictures of dragons and castles all the time when I was a little kid. My tattoos aren't tough masculine dragons, though, which is why I liked them so much. It's two of these:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5994[/ATTACH]

They're facing each other across my lower back. The tails come almost together about 1 inch from my pants line, and the body/head extends up to about 1/3 up by back. I've had them for a good 6 or 7 years, and they're still my favorite :D

I didn't take you as being the masculine type haha... it's cute, whimsical, my sleep won't be interrupted by the thought of it...sounds like a pretty major tattoo for only being 17 or 18...was it your first?
oh btw, did you see the girl with the dragon tattoo movie? pretty sure hers wasn't cute, but I don't remember.

#27 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:58 AM

I didn't take you as being the masculine type haha... it's cute, whimsical, my sleep won't be interrupted by the thought of it...sounds like a pretty major tattoo for only being 17 or 18...was it your first?
oh btw, did you see the girl with the dragon tattoo movie? pretty sure hers wasn't cute, but I don't remember.

I was 18 or 19 when I got it done, I can't remember; I'll be 25 in a few months, so I'm guess-timating, haha. It was my second tattoo, my first was on my 18th birthday, I'm of Irish descent, so my mother took me and we both got animal knots from the Book of Kells :)

#28 stranger

stranger

rubber soul

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:28 AM

I have a little bump on my lower back, just a bone sticking out a bit I guess, and I've always hated it. When I was younger I wanted to have a tattoo to kind of cover it, but then the whole "tramp stamp" trend started and it prevented me from doing it, being the huge snob that I am. Having said that, I love tattoos, the well designed, original ones. I see them as works of art on the body and find them beautiful. People who are into tattoos and piercing surely know how addicting "that pain" can be. I've had my share of crap from people I don't even know, saying "why are you doing this to your face" or "that's permanent, you might regret it" etc, but what do they know?
On topic, I think people with tattoos/piercings might seem more "cool", open-minded or adventurous and thus attract more interest from others; it's not necessarily promiscuity but rather this (often false) sense of a more approachable personality. It works like every other stereotype I guess.
On Amy's (later) tattoos, I think we can all agree that they were pretty much influenced by Blake, it was another way for her to feel closer and more connected to him. I don't judge her, I'm a sucker like that, I can see myself doing the same if I was infatuated the way she was.
didn't get a lot in class, but I know it don't come in a shot glass

#29 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:18 AM

On topic, I think people with tattoos/piercings might seem more "cool", open-minded or adventurous and thus attract more interest from others; it's not necessarily promiscuity but rather this (often false) sense of a more approachable personality. It works like every other stereotype I guess.

I've met many people who are into tattoos/piercings who aren't what I would consider to be open-minded and that's because people who get tattoos are from many different backgrounds. And I know some older people who find people with tattoos unapproachable or somehow lesser than, even believing that they aren't mentally sound. But that's just the other side of it. I think girls with lower back tattoos are seen as more readily available because they are displaying themselves in a way that is sexualized and I think the study did mention the promiscuity factor when it asked the men.
I've never understood people being uncomfortable with piercings... a lot of women have their ears pierced, but because other piercings aren't as common people will judge it negatively...really stupid. Those same people will get their little baby's ears pierced and that's just crazy to me.

#30 stranger

stranger

rubber soul

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

now this got me thinking... is the lower back sexualised by men generally, and that's enhanced by a tattoo in the area, or does the tattoo make the back sexier? I guess a little bit of both
didn't get a lot in class, but I know it don't come in a shot glass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users