49 replies to this topic

#16 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:41 AM

Thanks Blake for taking the time out to let the fans know the real story. I know it must be so difficult but try not let the gutter press get you and Amy down too much, they are just not worth it. I look forward to the press conference and I just hope that after that the press will lay off and give you both the space you need to "recover" I'm really not sure that's the right word but I'm sure you both understand what I am trying to say. All the very best and I truly hope your next message will be a happier one. Take care Jayne

#17 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:04 AM

Thanks for posting again, Blake. It makes my day :) Don't let those fuckfaults get to you, and take care!

#18 CKSI

CKSI

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:07 AM

I always say this, but you always have to take these things with a pinch of salt. More than often it is a load of bull...sometimes you just shouldn't waste your time reading that bollucks.

#19 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:37 PM

Good to hear from ya Blake, hope you both doing well! Send my love to Amy!:nod: <3

#20 Kajay

Kajay

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:42 PM

It is sad that stories can be made up and reported to the press, but we naturally do wonder when we see the news it if any of it is true. Blake posting news on this forum is much better than reading negative news about him and Amy in the press. It is a good thing he is now defending himself on this forum. I must admit though, I have based my opinion of him on things I have read, and I feel bad about that. But now he is speaking up for himself, and I admire anyone who stands up for themselves.:thumbup: He also seems to understand that everyone has an opinion, whether it be right or wrong, it is just that though - an opinion based on what we read in the papers and not fact. It would be great if he posted here now and again, just to let Amy's fans know how she is doing. Better still, if Amy dictated to him while he typed (I read that Amy is not a computer techie), now that would be good! Just a short message in her own words. If they give a press conference, that means the papers get to profit from sales when the news is sold, why line the pockets of the press? When most of them have twisted and made up the news about them anyway! When they can do it on this forum, with no hassle, just for the dedicated fans only. Just a thought! :icecream:

#21 Mandy

Mandy

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:55 PM

I think it's funny that we know more truth about the situation than allll those tabloids, haha. /feels special

#22 -Sammy-

-Sammy-

my tears dry on their own

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:08 PM

im so glad that you are posting here blake. and im so sorry what you and amy went through on that retreat thingy, you should have got better care then that, and i just hate the press, they can all lick donkeys ass or something. lol. i laughed at myself. anyway i look forward to the press conferance thingy and hope you get to say what you need to, to let everyone know that they should stop saying crap about you and amy. i just hope you both get lots and lots of rest and get better because i love you guys and most of the people on here to love yous aswell. ok hope to hear from you soon, you have all my support and love you can have too. hope you are ok love sammy xx

#23 Kajay

Kajay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:09 PM

Yes it is nice! That's communication for you, so much better than silence and misunderstandings!

#24 Lestrange

Lestrange

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:21 PM

I think it's funny that we know more truth about the situation than allll those tabloids, haha.

/feels special

Haha, me too lol

A press conference is a good idea. That'll clear everything up with the public & press for good, then they won't be able to keep writing crap like these articles

Thanks so much for posting Blake, you know how much we all appreciate it :D

#25 Josh

Josh

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:40 PM

A press conference is a good idea.

A press conference is a bad idea, ask your PR person Blake. They are gonna tear you apart. The best idea is not to care about the yellow press at all, I know coz I used to work at a mag and I know it inside out.

#26 bebek

bebek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:18 PM

Yeah, there are upsides and downsides to doing a press conference about this stuff. Like Josh said, they'll tear them apart, and will probably think they're going to extreme measures because they're trying to hide something. We all know how the press likes to interpret things in order to get some sales.

#27 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:26 PM

..I'm thinking about writing a song about a tabloid journalist (read: someone that tried to be a real journalist but wasn't smart enough). It's called "you know I'm no good". I swear, it's going to be major!

#28 Josh

Josh

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:42 PM

..I'm thinking about writing a song about a tabloid journalist (read: someone that tried to be a real journalist but wasn't smart enough). It's called "you know I'm no good". I swear, it's going to be major!

I happend to know some tabloid journalists (not in the UK though), and they are smart enough. I mean its not about smartness, its about your inner morals and ethics. I know I could never in my life be following someone, waiting inside a car for 24h for someone to come out etc. But there are people who are happy with it, who get a dose of adrenaline just like hunters when they shoot someone. I dont want anyone to follow me and wash my dirty laundry in the public, so I would NEVER EVER be capable of doing this to other people.

Yellow press journalists are usually well paid though, really good, if you wanna know. Depending on the exclusivity of the material they sometimes pay 1000 quid for a short article with pictures and that is in a country that has about 2 million inhabitants. Multiply that for London and the UK accordingly.

#29 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:51 AM

I happend to know some tabloid journalists (not in the UK though), and they are smart enough. I mean its not about smartness, its about your inner morals and ethics. I know I could never in my life be following someone, waiting inside a car for 24h for someone to come out etc. But there are people who are happy with it, who get a dose of adrenaline just like hunters when they shoot someone. I dont want anyone to follow me and wash my dirty laundry in the public, so I would NEVER EVER be capable of doing this to other people.

Yellow press journalists are usually well paid though, really good, if you wanna know. Depending on the exclusivity of the material they sometimes pay 1000 quid for a short article with pictures and that is in a country that has about 2 million inhabitants. Multiply that for London and the UK accordingly.

true, they make a FORTUNE here in US too, chasing around celebs 24/7 and writing trash. seen shows on 'em, & yeah they are savvy but wouldn't say they are intellectually smart since i don't believe that to be a qualification for the job. I wouldn't call them journalists, maybe i'm just being nitpicky here, but they appear to me like cheap hustlers, chasing the almighty buck by leeching off the lives of others. many people have taken on The Star and The Enquirer legally here and won big settlements, which they donate to charities . Many! Carol Burnett comes to mind.
i'm no lawyer, but i hope Amy and Blake are considering it

#30 Josh

Josh

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:01 AM

seen shows on 'em, & yeah they are savvy but wouldn't say they are intellectually smart since i don't believe that to be a qualification for the job.

Guess you wrote it out WAAAAY better than me. I really know two girls wo are this kind of "journalism". One of them hates the job, the one just loves it and lives it. There first can do other things but I she chooses to continue because the money is right, and the other one is not capable of writing a decent article on anything. Let's just say I hated to always re-write her articles. Yes, I used to be an editor at a teen magazine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users