49 replies to this topic

#31 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:20 AM

dude, i used to read teen mags religiously as a kid during the British Invasion...Beatles, Stones, Kinks, Zombies, Herman and the Hermits, Peter and Gordon, The Animals, The Walker Brothers, The Yardbirds ...way way before your time. i have alot of affection for that period of my life, living through the mags about this incredible music coming into the US from UK. must of been a fun job for you on some levels...

#32 Josh

Josh

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:15 AM

Beatles, Stones, Kinks, Zombies, Herman and the Hermits, Peter and Gordon, The Animals, The Walker Brothers, The Yardbirds ...

Really??? Ahhh.. I think I wasnt in this world back then though LOL. Yes it was a fun job. But I now have left journalism alone to go back to the roots. I'm used to be an interpreter basically and thats what I'm gonna do now. I do also translate technical things.

#33 littleali

littleali

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:26 AM

i definately think blake and amy should look down the legal route the amount of press shit printed everyday is unreal! maybe if more celebs saw it how blake does, and took legal action, papers & mags would be less inclined to print such crap! good luck to em if thats what they decide to do! i personally do not know what caused he collapse, but if it wasnt drugs (as blake has hinted) could they sue for slander? I think it's something they should really look into...x

#34 Josh

Josh

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:32 AM

maybe if more celebs saw it how blake does, and took legal action, papers & mags would be less inclined to print such crap!

Trust me they wouldnt. They would just make other people celebs. Or become more expensive.

#35 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:12 PM

I happend to know some tabloid journalists (not in the UK though), and they are smart enough. I mean its not about smartness, its about your inner morals and ethics. I know I could never in my life be following someone, waiting inside a car for 24h for someone to come out etc. But there are people who are happy with it, who get a dose of adrenaline just like hunters when they shoot someone. I dont want anyone to follow me and wash my dirty laundry in the public, so I would NEVER EVER be capable of doing this to other people.

Yellow press journalists are usually well paid though, really good, if you wanna know. Depending on the exclusivity of the material they sometimes pay 1000 quid for a short article with pictures and that is in a country that has about 2 million inhabitants. Multiply that for London and the UK accordingly.

I know it's not about smartness, I was just taking a pop at them haha. On the other hand.. if you're a really intelligent journalist, why be a yellow press journalist? And like Kev said, smartness is not exactly a requirement if you want to be one. I think lack of moral and empathy is the biggest issue though.

I say, SUE THEM!

#36 Josh

Josh

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:19 PM

If you're a really intelligent journalist, why be a yellow press journalist?

Well not everybody is interested in politics and economy. Some people just like gissiping. And if its a paid job (a well paid one!!) they are just over the moon.

#37 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:59 PM

Well not everybody is interested in politics and economy. Some people just like gissiping. And if its a paid job (a well paid one!!) they are just over the moon.

anybody know what the circulation of UK rags like The Sun is? You see them in US mostly by the grocery store check out, and i have looked at them, been curious to see if they've picked up the whole Amy story but they haven't.

#38 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:48 PM

anybody know what the circulation of UK rags like The Sun is? You see them in US mostly by the grocery store check out, and i have looked at them, been curious to see if they've picked up the whole Amy story but they haven't.

The last I heard, it was the top-selling British newspaper by a mile. 4,000,000 readers. Sad, but true. I think only the New york Post is a similar daily newspaper in the U.S. Both are owned by Rupert Murdoch; also the owner of Fox 'News' (aaaarrggghhhh!!)

#39 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 10:03 AM

I say, SUE THEM!

Yeah. They're bastards. Giving haters a 'reason' to say bad things and hurting the ones that do care with their fake stories.

Thanks for taking the time to post on here Blake. This won't stop the press being mean, but at least we know the truth now and that's more important.

#40 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:46 PM

Thanks for posting the links Amanda! It would have taken me AGES to find them.

"Please dont worry about our (well I'm sure you only care about my darling wife!) healths."

Well at least he deeply knew all we cared about' was just Amy's health and noone gave a damn about his healthB-)
It was like i was reading a typical message from a drug addict. "Everything's in control..." "Amy's doing nothing against her will..." blablabla...and 2 months ago he was all like "OHHH I DRUGGED AMY INTO THIS. I take full responssibility of what i did to her.."
YEAH RIGHT!
Anyway..i loved how then all the comments were like "OHHH WE'RE SUPPORTING BOTH OF YOU BLAKE.."

PS:When he mentioned Amy sleeping besides him & him giving her a kiss...i couldn't help it...i immediatelly started feeling sick...lol
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#41 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:47 PM

xDDD
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#42 erickonasis

erickonasis

Back 2 Black >

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:00 PM

Thanks for posting again, Blake. It makes my day :)

Don't let those fuckfaults get to you, and take care!

ahahahahaha @ this
Posted Image

#43 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:16 PM

PS:When he mentioned Amy sleeping besides him & him giving her a kiss...i couldn't help it...i immediatelly started feeling sick...lol

More like the kiss of death IMO. Hindsight is so 20/20.
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#44 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:08 PM

"Please dont worry about our (well I'm sure you only care about my darling wife!) healths."

Well at least he deeply knew all we cared about' was just Amy's health and noone gave a damn about his healthB-)
It was like i was reading a typical message from a drug addict. "Everything's in control..." "Amy's doing nothing against her will..." blablabla...and 2 months ago he was all like "OHHH I DRUGGED AMY INTO THIS. I take full responssibility of what i did to her.."
YEAH RIGHT!
Anyway..i loved how then all the comments were like "OHHH WE'RE SUPPORTING BOTH OF YOU BLAKE.."

Sundy is very right about hindsight being 20/20. You should know that, back when Blake posted on here, things were very different from the way they are today. I could write you a whole essay about the way things were.. about the constant stream of tabloid articles, the rumours, the photoshopped pictures, the anxiety, the confusion and all the other emotions everyone on here went through. But all I really have to say is that I think everyone that gave Blake the benefit of the doubt back then did the right thing. Most of us tried very hard to see the good in Blake, or at least to support Amy in the decision she made to share her life with him. And there’s nothing wrong with that. We simply didn’t know what we know now.
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#45 erickonasis

erickonasis

Back 2 Black >

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:06 AM

YEAH RIGHT!

I know you cant judge a book by its cover but i had a feeling this guy was a scumbag from the first time i heard about him...when i saw those pics of him and Amy with blood and scratches all over them i know that bastard was a no good leech..He just looked like a weasel from the start
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users