138 replies to this topic

#76 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:24 PM

It really is amazing that barely ANY of the people saying messed up things about amy....that she is a "worthless junkie" and "they don't feel sorry for her" .....have anything bad to say about Blake.

#77 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:38 PM

something has been stuck in my head for a while now and since there is a thread talking about the addiction, I will mention it.

I work with many that have addictions to drugs and alcohol. I had seen written(not sure if it was true) that she was trying to quit alcohol 'cold turkey', I believe that was the expression used.

I can't imagine her private doctor allowing that to happen. any doctor that knows anything about the effects of addiction on the body would not allow that to happen. and they should be monitored by a nurse every 4 hrs. for signs of withdrawal. the body gives off certain signals(not just the visual tremors, delerium, etc) but other things as well.

just my thoughts.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#78 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:05 PM

something has been stuck in my head for a while now and since there is a thread talking about the addiction, I will mention it.

I work with many that have addictions to drugs and alcohol. I had seen written(not sure if it was true) that she was trying to quit alcohol 'cold turkey', I believe that was the expression used.

I can't imagine her private doctor allowing that to happen. any doctor that knows anything about the effects of addiction on the body would not allow that to happen. and they should be monitored by a nurse every 4 hrs. for signs of withdrawal. the body gives off certain signals(not just the visual tremors, delerium, etc) but other things as well.

just my thoughts.

I thought I read somewhere that Mitch mentioned the doctor had advised her against quitting cold turkey but to taper gradually instead, but apparently Amy wanted it to be all or nothing. This attitude is understandable as many addicts find it impossible to stop after one or even a few drinks, so tapering seems difficult. Unfortunately sudden alcohol withdrawal can be dangerous and cause fatal seizures, surely any doctor would have made this clear - and prescribed something (benzos) to prevent seizures? I don't want to speculate though, there's no point :(

Great job on working with addicts, I'm sure you do valuable work!

#79 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:09 PM

Going back to the topic of the documentary - it doesn't seem to be available to watch on the channel 5 website. Does anyone know of anywhere else we can watch it?

#80 Venga

Venga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:26 PM

What a horrible scary man. When he said it was his "mate" that filmed and sold the "crack video" do we know who he was talking about?

#81 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

Going back to the topic of the documentary - it doesn't seem to be available to watch on the channel 5 website. Does anyone know of anywhere else we can watch it?

if you're not able to find it before tomorrow i'm a member of a site that has ripped it. just gotta wait 10 hours before its avaliable for me to download, i'll do that & then upload it for you.

they also have the amy winehouse story from channel 4 if anyone wants that.

#82 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:39 PM

Thank you! Channel 4's The Amy Winehouse Story is available to watch on the 4od website here - although I think the site is only for people in the UK so I'm sure others will be interested :)

#83 velvet

velvet

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:11 PM

find it very hard to hear blake's statements without cursing. he is such a douchebag. and then i always start to feel sorry for the mere fact that amy and blake met. what a fatal incident.

does anyone know if amy got any treatment for self-harming? if i understood it correctly, she started to do that at the age of 9.

#84 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

I'm still amazed at how interviews conducted in jail, with violent, drug-addicted criminals, are ever broadcast or published at all, let alone taken seriously. But in the light of recent revelations about how certain newspapers get their scoops, I guess it's not surprising.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#85 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

find it very hard to hear blake's statements without cursing. he is such a douchebag. and then i always start to feel sorry for the mere fact that amy and blake met. what a fatal incident.

For the sake of her life.. couldn't agree more. But as an inspiration i guess he must have been the best thing that ever happened to her. Still i wish she never met him.

60do5Ti.jpg

#86 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

So many experts in this documentary, I can't handle it.
Sam Shaker made me cry.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#87 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:59 PM

yes, wish for sure she hadn't either. B2B or not, she was musical genius enough that she would have made herself known sooner or later and found perhaps a different 'inspiration'.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#88 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

rulers one thing but come brixton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:10 PM

Just found this: movshare.net(slash)video(slash)d6v7v0cu12tkd
Since I can't post URLs yet, I did my best.
Hope it's useful for someone!
I don't know if it is the channel 4 one yet or not.

#89 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:14 AM

Well I tried but they are being removed if you're quick you may see some here:

http://www.dailymoti...#videoId=xkdj87
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#90 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:31 AM

damn, they are sure friggin' fast to remove stuff but thx Jayne

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users