Photo
- - - - -

it's inevitable ... an amy movie will be made *how about PAZ?

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#16 Sir' Taurean

Sir' Taurean

Mr. Magic!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:41 PM

Sally would be perfect. But it's way to early.

SIGNATURE REMOVED. PLEASE MAKE SURE SIGNATURE DOES NOT EXCEED 500x200 PIXELS.

#17 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:29 PM

I'm not really into movies/actors/actresses and i've not heard of these actresses mentioned, but if there is a film then the person who plays Amy has got to be special and unique, no second rate crap please.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#18 AlabamaGirl2007

AlabamaGirl2007

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:54 PM

I am so sorry to the original poster. I did not mean to hurt your feelings if I did. For some reason the idea of a movie made after Amy just hurt...I really feel like no one could capture her, even a fraction of her.

But to answer the question, I do not think it should be anyone that is famous because it would be too distracting. An unknown actress, for sure. Personally, I really feel that if someone is chosen they should be a fan of Amy's. If they weren't, I really feel they couldn't capture a part of her at all. I don't know why the thought of it makes me feel bad. Maybe a Jewish actress would be a good idea. I don't mean that to sound bad as I am Jewish, I just think maybe they could capture the look best.

#19 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:56 AM

I am so sorry to the original poster. I did not mean to hurt your feelings if I did. For some reason the idea of a movie made after Amy just hurt...I really feel like no one could capture her, even a fraction of her.

But to answer the question, I do not think it should be anyone that is famous because it would be too distracting. An unknown actress, for sure. Personally, I really feel that if someone is chosen they should be a fan of Amy's. If they weren't, I really feel they couldn't capture a part of her at all. I don't know why the thought of it makes me feel bad. Maybe a Jewish actress would be a good idea. I don't mean that to sound bad as I am Jewish, I just think maybe they could capture the look best.

i understand, i love you !
no hurt feelings other than losing amy it leaves a deep hole in my heart!
i agree with you about the casting, in fact i agree w you in mostly everything i read in the archives, you were spot on ... on so many things about her! i reckon we all dont have that many things is common except for our love and our shared love for amy, i love meeting ppl from all backgrounds +all her amazing fans, im frm venezuela, my mom is nicaraguan, i live in califor 15 yrs w my greek hubby both of us music lovers - i grew up roman / catholic but i am a practising buddhist and quantum physics freak hmmm lol figure that whole mix out now lol 8-/btw i love jewish religion ive studied the religion and have many jewish friends and joined traditions for which i feel honored/blessed for these memories with great families <3

#20 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:41 AM

Look what Amy herself said in her interview for Guardian in January 2007 (!):

Who would play you in the film of your life?
Liza Minnelli.

If only Liza had daughter!

Edited by ancre, 08 November 2011 - 12:17 PM.
mistake

#21 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

Look what Amy herself said in her interview for Guardian in January 2007 (!):

Who would play you in the film of your life?
Liza Minnelli.

If only Liza had daughter!

i know, right? :) liza is so great!

lol thx!! this is so funny

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#22 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:03 PM

I agree with York ^^

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#23 amysarmynow

amysarmynow

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:09 PM

The "uncomfortable" feelings we have about movies are justified, but not realistic. There will be more than one; and, relatively soon.

My WAGs:

At least three movies in the next decade; not counting Reg's film.

Two threatrical releases, one TV movie. (If PBS teams with the BBC, we could get a FOURTH; that will be the good one, but not the profitable one.)

The near CERTAIN actor in the first commercial release will be The Mother Monster. (MTV was the de facto audition and she passed.) She is the logical choice and the early money will flow toward her participation.

ALL of the movies will be done, more or less, "respectfully." Amy will be shown with sympathy, as a flawed and fragile genius with a heart of gold.

I know it's hard, but we likely should be more generous in our willingness to "share" Amy with the world. Our need to "protect" her needs to be set aside, in favor of letting the whole world know the good things that we know. Movies are simply the modern way to facilitate that sharing.

AJW was a SUPER sophisticated business person. She would ONLY be asking "how much?" That is the right question, at this juncture.

I like Paz, but I am not sure she is a "great" choice.

A young Liza would have been fine, but Gaga is as close as we will get to that.

Katy Perry is a longshot, but I would not totally rule her out, yet.

My preference is:

ONE movie with a high-profile star, who can sing.

ONE movie with an unknown actor.

ONE movie with an actor familiar to TV viewers.

ONE movie - BBC/PBS - with high-end, Brit-trained actors.

I likely will have to wait for the DVDs. No point in exposing innocent cinema-goers to a hysterically crying old dude flailing in the aisles.

#24 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:17 AM

I don't like the idea of a movie anytime soon. The real Amy will always vastly exceed any possible portrayal of her. I'm not sure it's possible for someone else to capture her unique charisma. It would certainly have to be a great actress. She really was one of a kind.

Of course, the "real Amy" is deeply imprinted on the minds of all of us fans here. Maybe future generations could benefit from a movie. But even there I'm not sure because the best things about Amy were her music, her personality, and her beauty, not any drama that went on in her (short) life. And the best way to experience those things is through her music, videos, and pics, which will last forever.

I'd be interested in learning more about her through some new books that treat her seriously and provide fresh insights. I expect her reputation will grow with time. Maybe with the passage of time she will be seen as a more dramatic figure than we recognize now, and thus an appropriate subject for a movie.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#25 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

Gaga isn't even an actress ffs... Katy Perry? ...what logic are we talking about here, jw. Probably the one media dictates.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#26 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

have you guys seen gaga's monologue as her alter ego boy?
hmmm i think she could pull it off with lots of practice ...

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#27 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

My preference is:

ONE movie with a high-profile star, who can sing.

ONE movie with an unknown actor.

ONE movie with an actor familiar to TV viewers.

ONE movie - BBC/PBS - with high-end, Brit-trained actors.

I likely will have to wait for the DVDs. No point in exposing innocent cinema-goers to a hysterically crying old dude flailing in the aisles.

or me! lol

i agree with all of the above!!! :)

- Anais Nin 

#28 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

Yeh I know what the final scene will be - Amy lying on the bed with a bottle of vodka with butterflies fluttering about and her flying off to heaven on the back of a bird or something!

#29 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

or me! lol

i agree with all of the above!!! :)

that came out wrong! i mean i dont need to subject other people to me crying the whole movie either ...i will wait for a looong time before i can watch it

nigel - yes, probably the ending will be like that

now that you mention the symbolism of it all, i found this interesting:

http://www.buzzle.co...ly-meaning.html

;-)

- Anais Nin 

#30 amysarmynow

amysarmynow

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

Last month, I had a chance to read several outlines and treatments of prospective movies. None of them were exploitive and none were long on symbolism or fantasy.

Most were straight bios and one involved "flashbacks" springing from the dialog of folks recalling parts of Amy's life.

IMV, there is little need to worry that ANY mainstream effort will "trash" AJW. The movies will be made for her fans with the idea of making money in the process. Producers KNOW that Amy's fans will not support any disrespectful, exploitation flicks.

The major upside of Gaga is that her involvement will bring a HUGE potential crossover audience; many of that group will be introduced - in depth - to AJW's music for the first time. THAT is how legends are preserved through the generations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users