Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

Here's the article from NME.com: http://www.nme.com/news/pulp/60637

Pulp frontman Jarvis Cocker has blamed the tabloids for contributing to Amy Winehouse's death.

He claims the constant media attention the late singer received on a daily basis forced her to turn to drink and drugs and he went through a similar situation during the height of his fame during the Britpop era.

Cocker told The Guardian:

Amy Winehouse passed away this year and it was all 'drugs killed Amy Winehouse'. I think that the press killed Amy Winehouse as much as drugs did, because it sends people into that place where they've got no peace, and so they just try to escape. And sometimes you use drugs and drink to do that.

He added: "That atmosphere of fear that tabloids cause – and I experienced that a bit, back in the bad old days – it makes you not want to go out, and it makes you act more weirdly because it makes you more self-conscious, and it makes you want to get more off your head because you block it out."

#2 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:53 AM

I absolutely agree. I wonder how things would have been like if Blake hadn't been sent to jail and paps hadn't been around her 24/7.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#3 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:02 AM

This sounds absolutely TRUE

to Rupert Murdoch:

HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT?????

"JACKO"

"WINO"

WTF???

are YOU HAPPY YOU HELPED FINISH THEM OFF?

love prophets are never allowed to LIVE

THIS is how HIS "reporters", report things:
http://www.telegraph...ustard-pie.html
A glittering talent gone to waste
THE news yesterday that Amy Winehouse had been found dead at her flat in north London underlined the sorry waste of a glittering talent. Anyone who remembers the mouthy, witty, bosomy girl with the astonishing voice who first became widely known with her 2003 album, Frank, can feel nothing but pity for Winehouse when her life ended: painfully thin, chaotic and having recently faced jeers at her comeback concert in Serbia for seeming too drunk to perform.
In 2008, I wrote a column in which I deplored the way disintegrating stars such as Winehouse and Pete Doherty saw their celebrity increase as their talent was shot to pieces by addiction. “It is,” I wrote, “the prolonged pageant of self-destruction that draws the crowds, like a potential suicide teetering on a balcony.”
The onlookers went crazy both for Winehouse’s musical gifts and the very public soap opera of her addictions, until the latter began steadily to devour the former. When the show got too shambolic, the audience melted away. By the end, poor Amy’s pageant had few spectators – but how I wish she had managed to stay where her music was, and proved my prediction wrong.

=
FIRST OF ALL
amy wasn't a "sorry waste" ...............................

she accomplished more in her lifetime than any shady london 'reporter' and has more talent in her fingernail than any of them

fuc* anyone who says amys life was wasted ............ including singers out there WTF

can feel nothing but pity

we feel "PITY" for AMY??? A LIE!!!!!!!!

AND MORE LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the show got too shambolic, the audience melted away. By the end, poor Amy’s pageant had few spectators

the WORLD wanted to see her, feel her , hear her

but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

your empire took charge and DESTROYED her.

again, HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT, RUPERT???????????????

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#4 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:02 AM

where is our letter??????

where is the letter to AMY????????????????

if they r busy, i can start the list for them

AMY and her FANS
Mitch
Janis
Alex
Blake
everyone in Amys life who LOVED her and was damaged or hurt by tabloids

personally - i think this assassination of amys image was done in such a cruel way that i cannot help but think of MJ too, makes me so sad and ...."you know ME!!!! IM SO F*CKING ANGRY".........>:-)

Attached Files

Edited by Birdieava, 27 November 2011 - 11:17 AM.

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#5 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:12 AM

rupert murdoch YOU OWE twelve hundred thousand million of these apologies on your knees to us and to amy

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1SKydyYEe

Edited by Birdieava, 27 November 2011 - 11:18 AM.

- Anais Nin 

#6 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:20 AM

- Anais Nin 

#7 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

I absolutely agree. I wonder how things would have been like if Blake hadn't been sent to jail and paps hadn't been around her 24/7.

tru, press have got alot to ansa for, Lea, Re:, he'd still have been a total cunt n been bad for her, simple as dat wouldn't have changed!.

Press on her case 24/7, esp wid way she was wid regard to fame n shit, be hard for anyone, they didn't give her a minz peace, vultures, stalkers, may have gotten cleaner soon n over snake sooner, had she had some peace. x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#8 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

That's partly true I agree - probably kept her drinking and taking drugs in the early days. But later on she could have got over it.

#9 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

U say it like she could do it like, decidin whether to have a brew or not, she was an addict n neva got peace from press, she did get off drugs in early 09, still didn't get peace from press, she was gettin back on her feet n happy wid Reg, but still battled booze, if it was dat easy, we'd not have addictions n rehab centres!.

#10 amysarmynow

amysarmynow

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

The next time YOU see the EVIL MEDIA being unjustly mean to your songbirds, fight back. Don't just watch and lament the consequences.

When I saw the vid of AJW passed-out on a public staircase in broad daylight, I knew this was all going to end badly. In many USA jurisdictions, failing to render aid to a fallen human is a criminal offense. Filming Amy on those steps was a savage act that should have been prosecuted. Freedom of the press is NOT a license to kill.

There were a few paps that tried to help Amy from time to time, but too few to mention. Most just wanted the blood money. She could not go to the bodega for a bag of sunflower seeds or a box of tampons without a gang of money-grubbing scumbags running her to ground. Such subhuman assaults MUST stop.

The link below was an extremely busy blog-entry. Almost HALF of the traffic came from INSIDE the offices of the subhuman profiteers. They hate publicity.

http://amysarmynow.wordpress.com/2011/11/11/amys-image-not-reinvention-only-tardy-fairplay/

The word should go out that if the vile conduct does not stop, the villains will be on the receiving end of the harassment. Let them FEEL what it is like to have gangs of thugs standing at THEIR frontdoors 24/7. Let them be followed to the grocery store by mobs of protective fans. How many murders can the smear-merchants be complicit in, without ANYBODY fighting back on behalf of the victims?

If offending media needs to be boycotted, do it. If businesses that advertise in such media need to be boycotted, do it. The ONLY thing any of these players care about is making money; when their pocketbooks feel the pain, they will rehab themselves.

WE did NOTHING to help protect Amy. We should NEVER make such a mistake again.

#11 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:17 PM

I DISAGREE. I don't think the press killed Amy Winehouse, but they certainly tried to! They tried their hardest to. In the early days before Amy got used to the press, I think they added to her stress level, but around 2008-2011 I strongly feel that Amy was used to their nasty words, so I don't see them lowering her self-esteem at all. She was used to them by then.

#12 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:22 PM

Its not somethin anyone shd have to get used to, unleess they are actually a CUNT n then fairplay, but tha girl was so fuckin misjudged n unfairly treated, n had no privacy, snake lowered her self esteem, press slaggin her n ridiculin her wasn't exactly helpin things. x

#13 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:03 PM

I DISAGREE. I don't think the press killed Amy Winehouse, but they certainly tried to! They tried their hardest to. In the early days before Amy got used to the press, I think they added to her stress level, but around 2008-2011 I strongly feel that Amy was used to their nasty words, so I don't see them lowering her self-esteem at all. She was used to them by then.

I don't think so. Imagine people bothering and saying bad things about you all the time. Would you, after a few years time, think: "Okay, now that I have heard this so many times, I don't feel bad about it anymore"??? I know I wouldn't.
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#14 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

i agree that the press had to do with Amy passing away, but thats the press job to bring us news, wheter bad or good about our favorite celebrities. Thats how we become close to them, and feel that we know them in person. I dont really blame the press, but they definitely had a role in amy passing away.

#15 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:50 AM

I'm not defending the press, so let me make that clear. I think the press contributed to Amy's sadness, of course, but I also think that she was used to the press pointing fun at her, but I'm NOT saying that she accepted it.

As much as we want to point blame at other people, Amy is dead because of alcohol poisoning, not because she couldn't take being bullied by the press. I think she had problems that were far more important to her than the press. I doubt she grabbed her next drink because of being hounded by a bunch of ruthless douchebags.

Just my opinion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amy winehouse, jarvis cocker, nme

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users