Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

I found this article from The Sun...

'Tribute concert for Amy Winehouse in the air'

THE Amy Winehouse tribute concert later this year is taking shape.

Her dad Mitch has been working on the event, which will raise money for the charitable foundation that supports and cares for young people and is named after his late daughter.
Mitch is talking to TV companies about airing the show and is considering making it pay-per-view, so it makes as much cash as possible.
A source said: "Claims that ITV have done a deal for the gig are premature.
"All options are open at the moment but one idea is to make fans pay a few quid to watch the concert.
"Big artists will be booked from both sides of the Atlantic so people will want to see it. It will be a huge event."
Acts will be queueing up to pay their respects to Amy by featuring on the bill.
And with huge gigs taking place around the Olympics, the tribute concert will add to a great summer for live music.

(Source: www.thesun.co.uk)

#2 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:58 AM

Great news..thaks

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

Here's the NME.com article: http://www.nme.com/n...winehouse/61436

#4 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

Should not be pay per view!, totally disagree wid his doin dat, if tis true! x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#5 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

Should not be pay per view!, totally disagree wid his doin dat, if tis true! x

In my opinion, they only should have only tickets, so to raise money for the Foundation...I diasagree with the idea of pay-per-view though...

#6 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

Another Article 'bout it

Amy Winehouse's Father Considering Pay-Per-View Tribute Concert

Amy Winehouse's father, Mitch, is reportedly working on a humdinger of a concert to honor his late daughter. The lineup promises to be so strong, the Sun reports, that he's hoping fans will "pay a few quid" to watch the show on television.

Lest anyone think he's shamelessly cashing in on Amy's memory, money from the pay-per-view gig would go to the Amy Winehouse Foundation, a charity the songstress' family started for troubled youngsters.

"Big artists will be booked from both sides of the Atlantic so people will want to see it," a source told the U.K. newspaper. "It will be a huge event."

While nothing is official, new mom Lily Allen said earlier this week that she would be "honored" to end her hiatus by playing such a show, the NME reports. Mark Ronson, Florence and the Machine and Jessie J are also rumored to be involved.

http://www.spinner.c...t-pay-per-view/
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#7 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

I'm not interested in this at all, to be completely honest. I donated to the foundation on Amy's birthday, and will probably do so again this year, but I don't think everything related to her from now on needs to be milking money from her fans. The tribute concert will probably involve people I'm not interested in anyway.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#8 PhemiosRK

PhemiosRK

Plz, at least Im not openin 4 a c* like Kanye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:52 AM

Yeah got mixed feelings about this one....tending down the 'that's just beewax'-road
''If you could think of a four letter word to call someone, wouldn't it be better than 'brat'? ''

#9 amysarmynow

amysarmynow

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:54 AM

PPV is the smart play and the event will be a huge success. Hopefully, it will be an annual happening.

#10 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

I would be very disappointed if its made pay per view, i understand where Mitch is coming from but it could alienate some fans. And if i was to pay to watch it i want better artists performing than some of the names i've seen mentioned.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#11 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

I think Mitch is slightly obsessed with the foundation. Amy's memory and her legacy is thousand times more important. They must do a tribute concert because she fucking deserves it, not because that way they'll raise a lot of money for the foundation.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#12 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:21 PM

I get what he tryna do, in a sense, but Amy was about music n love, wit, bein 'real', genuine, n tho for a while drugs were a part of her, aint what she all about, drugs aint her fackin legacy, her music n how she touched ppl is, thru her music n her Heart, soul n mind.

Makin it all about drugs n money aint guna fly 4 long, ppl guna get pissed bout it, n as much as i love Amy, wouldn't become yearly thing, global finances are hard n theres so many charaties always askin for money, while tis a good cause, in Amys name, ppl will tire of it. x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#13 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

THIS is a new.world
We are entering the Age of Aquarius

"old" trick$ aren't going.to.fly. just sayin'
8-/

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#14 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

More on the Tribute Concert:

Jessie J and Lily Allen lined up for Amy Winehouse tribute concert

The biggest female names in British music including Jessie J, Florence And The Machine are poised to perform at a tribute gig for Amy Winehouse.

Jessie J is already waiting in the wings as Mitch Winehouse announced there would be a memorial concert for his daughter.

‘The Amy Winehouse Foundation is very excited to be planning a benefit concert in tribute to Amy later this year,’ he said.

The cabbie thanked devoted fans for their ‘interest’ and ‘sharing our enthusiasm for the idea’.

The 60-year-old did not, however, reveal who was on the wish-list to perform.

‘We will be talking to a variety of people in the coming months and will announce those performing as soon as we can,’ he said.

An insider told Metro the show was unlikely to be a big stadium affair and would more likely be an ‘intimate’ show.

In the past, Lily Allen, 26, said she ‘would be honoured’ to come out of singing retirement to pay homage to Winehouse. Amy’s 15-year-old goddaughter, Dionne Bromfield, also expressed ‘hope’ of performing.

Florence And The Machine have also been linked to the benefit.

Jessie J’s name surfaced after she revealed she had been a big fan of the singer, who died last July, aged 27. ‘Amy definitely paved the way for people like me and Adele,’ she said.

‘She broke boundaries, she set the standard. She wrote music that went worldwide. Until that point, British female artists hadn’t really done anything since Annie Lennox.’

A source said: ‘Organisers are hoping to get all the people that Amy idolised and respected.’

Read more: http://www.metro.co....t#ixzz1juxGRDDb

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#15 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

Thanks for this article..really interesting ^^

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amy winehouse, london 2012, tribute concert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users