117 replies to this topic

#31 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

I think that everyone is allowed to have an opinion, even though it's about someones love life. I understand why it was so upsetting to Amy, but she also was the one becoming famous, and we all know famous people have no privacy at all. Their love life and choices are out there for people to react negative or positive to. Sometimes I think Amy was too sensitive to become as famous as she did!

I get your point. But there are some certain lines you really shouldn't cross. Sometimes comments from haters/fans/whoever about Blake and Amy's life really get very personal and offending. You can also pretty much share your opinion by posting a natural comment, I think.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

I just took a look at a few of the archived threads, and gosh.. I AM SHOCKED :o Some comments really went a tiny little bit too far.

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#32 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

How do you know? She told you? And that is why she no longer comes on the forum? I don't know Clare (Wino) but I found it strange to see her nickname, as a fan and administrator. Moreover, she judge very much Blake, in the archives. I actually understand Amy. But this is only my opinion, I don't know Clare.

She still comes on the forum. I don't really see what is derogatory about "Wino." I know what it means, but for me personally, if I said Wino, I wouldn't be saying it in a derogatory manner. I'd be saying Wino, because of the Wine in her last name.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

I think that everyone is allowed to have an opinion, even though it's about someones love life. I understand why it was so upsetting to Amy, but she also was the one becoming famous, and we all know famous people have no privacy at all. Their love life and choices are out there for people to react negative or positive to. Sometimes I think Amy was too sensitive to become as famous as she did!

She was sensitive. A lot of celebrities don't realize the baggage that'll come along with being famous. I'm sure Amy didn't expect all of that.

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#33 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

I don't know Clare (Wino) but I found it strange to see her nickname, as a fan and administrator.

Indeed. I honestly don't think the name 'Wino' has to be offending. When I say it, it's not because I am trying to offend Amy, not that I ever use that name for her. Anyway, I wouldn't take the risk because not everyone has the same opinion as me. There were times when I read comments about Amy haters and when they said 'Wino', it added to my anger. I'd like everyone to be happy if I was the administrator of a forum like this, so I certainly would NOT use that name.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

She was sensitive. A lot of celebrities don't realize the baggage that'll come along with being famous. I'm sure Amy didn't expect all of that.

I'd say Amy was overwhelmed by it all.

#34 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

Clare shows up when technical problems happen here. The last time she was here was when she did the major upgrade.

#35 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

You're right, everyone is entitled to his opinion but have you ever read the messages of Wino? Without wishing to disrespect her (because it's a great forum) some of her comments about Blake ... are just really cruel. Enough for that Amy has great difficulty in reading them. There is a difference between expressing an opinion and judge someone without knowing him. He was her husband after all, she loved him so much and it's not her business. Sorry but that's my opinion and it will not change.

I just took a look at a few of the archived threads, and gosh.. I AM SHOCKED :o Some comments really went a tiny little bit too far.

I would say much too far away in some cases. :s

I honestly don't think the name 'Wino' has to be offending. When I say it, it's not because I am trying to offend Amy, not that I ever use that name for her. Anyway, I wouldn't take the risk because not everyone has the same opinion as me. There were times when I read comments about Amy haters and when they said 'Wino', it added to my anger. I'd like everyone to be happy if I was the administrator of a forum like this, so I certainly would NOT use that name.

I'm not totally against that name either. But as an administrator I think it's important to lead by example. And besides, if Amy and Clare have had an argument about it, this is probably because Amy and found it disturbing and as it directly concerned her, she had the right to warn Wino.

I'd say Amy was overwhelmed by it all.

I didn't know, I've never seen her online. Anyway, I thought she was no longer coming on the forum, because as you said she was angry against Amy. I thought that Amy had addressed her message to her directly on the forum.

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#36 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:36 AM

I think everyone on the forum at that time was really upset at Amy's lifestyle and blaming him because it seemed so contrary to what she said she was against- prior to being with him. I don't think anyone at that time realized what personal issues she had and continued to have after her relationship with him was over.
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#37 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

I think everyone on the forum at that time was really upset at Amy's lifestyle and blaming him because it seemed so contrary to what she said she was against- prior to being with him. I don't think anyone at that time realized what personal issues she had and continued to have after her relationship with him was over.

Blaming everything on Blake is/was a serious mistake. Amy was a woman of her own, she was 23 at the time. She had full responsibilty. I remember the ballet shoes covered in blood pictures all too well and I remember thinking to myself 'we are going to lose her'. I didn't think Blake leaving would make it all better. Amy was an adult, you can't ever say she's a victim. Maybe she was a victim of her illness (depression). But you can't honestly mean that she took the drugs only because of Blake.

I always kept hope though, hoping Amy would get some help (after Blake I mean) but time showed us she didn't.. which still is a shame. But in the end, it's Amy's own fault, even though that may sound harsh to some of the die hard (naive) fans that are reading this post right now.

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

You're right, everyone is entitled to his opinion but have you ever read the messages of Wino? Without wishing to disrespect her (because it's a great forum) some of her comments about Blake ... are just really cruel. Enough for that Amy has great difficulty in reading them. There is a difference between expressing an opinion and judge someone without knowing him. He was her husband after all, she loved him so much and it's not her business. Sorry but that's my opinion and it will not change.

I agree with you.

#38 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

Wino (Clare) the founder of this place, and Amy had a dust up. Amy wasn't happy with the 'Wino' posting name. Amy didn't take any shit but neither did Clare! Clare did change her posting name though, for a while.
I don't remember any details but I seem to remember Wino being royally pissed off at Amy. LOL
I think this happened when Amy was not uh at her best. Maybe another old timer can correct or validate my memory.

You're right Phil it was on her Amy's birthday the time she failed to turn up and whe was in a bad way I seem to recall she had a right go at Wino about her avatar that Amy thought she looked ugly in?? It got quite personal and but I put that down to Amy obviously in a bad place. The press were reporting she failed to turn up at her birthday but was obviously online that night.

I got the impression that Clare hit a raw nerve with Amy and told her some home truths.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#39 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

The other day I was going through the archive and on the thread about Mercury Awards someone introduced themselves as Amy but I doubt it was her... I do remember that there was a message from Blake here once but I don't know on what thread.
Why was Amy offended with "Wino"? She even had that nickname written on one of her guitars.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#40 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Why was Amy offended with "Wino"? She even had that nickname written on one of her guitars.

'wino' is a derogatory term for an alcoholic or someone who is down and out.

#41 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

'wino' is a derogatory term for an alcoholic or someone who is down and out.

I know, but how is she offended if she accepted it and used it herself? That was a bit hypocritical.

#42 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

I know, but how is she offended if she accepted it and used it herself? That was a bit hypocritical.

maybe she was okay with using the term herself to shorten her name but she knew when the media used it to talk about her - it had negative connotations?

just a guess.

#43 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

maybe she was okay with using the term herself to shorten her name but she knew when the media used it to talk about her - it had negative connotations?

just a guess.

I think that term was coined by Perez Hilton and that's where she adopted it from and she was friends with him... He regularly refered to her as Wino in all of his posts, and he's a gossip blogger, doesn't get worse than that. It's weird that she'd be okay with one person using it and attack someone else. Perhaps she was offended by someone practically taking her identity :D

#44 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

I always kept hope though, hoping Amy would get some help (after Blake I mean) but time showed us she didn't.. which still is a shame. But in the end, it's Amy's own fault, even though that may sound harsh to some of the die hard (naive) fans that are reading this post right now.

I agree with you. I'm tired of denial, seriously. Why not say things as they are, whether rough or not. Amy did it all her life. People should take example on her.

You're right Phil it was on her Amy's birthday the time she failed to turn up and whe was in a bad way I seem to recall she had a right go at Wino about her avatar that Amy thought she looked ugly in?? It got quite personal and but I put that down to Amy obviously in a bad place. The press were reporting she failed to turn up at her birthday but was obviously online that night.

I got the impression that Clare hit a raw nerve with Amy and told her some home truths.

Well, I was not on the forum at this time. I can imagine it was difficult to be a fan of Amy since 2004 and see things get worse day after day. For this I include Clare. But Amy was an adult, as noted @Katausa, and in my opinion, in the case of Clare it was no longer an opinion but messages accusing the husband of her idol and judgment on the choice of Amy. (because in fact, Blake was the choice of Amy) Therefore, @Elsie, Amy may have been injured by the pseudo Wino. Cause if she had read the posts of Clare, it's absolutely normal that she felt hurt and be judged on her personal life then it doesn't concern us, nobody here.

I don't say that because Amy is our idol, we must agree with every choice, and love her husband. Hate Blake if you want ... But Amy could read the forum, and you had to think before writing messages as brutal about the love of her life. If Clare had said: I don't know much about Blake but I don't particularly like him, I believe that Amy may have better ... I would not agree but it would be a matter of opinion. But say that he is an asshole, that Amy did wrong to marry him, that he should disappear from her life (despite the fact that Amy was totally in love with him ...) is judging.

I don't think Amy would have agreed that some don't like Blake and it would have hurt her to read it. But she didn't warn anyone else here that I know right? So it's probably because of the words that Clare has chosen by meddling in the private life of Amy, which in itself is tricky.

For the Wino history, in my opinion as an administrator it's inappropiate. Amy used it maybe once a while, but that doesn't entitle to all others to do so. I have the right to call me stupid, but I wouldn't let others treat me stupid, you know. Wino in the media world, was known to be the nickname of Amy when we talked alcohol / drugs and scandals. There are so many possible names, so beautiful of her lyrics ... on a fan forum, it's easily possible to have a name that is not used in the press to degrade Amy. Anyway, this is what I think. I understand some points of Clare (see that her favorite singer is killing herself slowly and be worried about it) but I understand the points of Amy more. (Feeling judged by the name and the hurtful messages about her own choices, about the man she loved etc..)

What kind of message this sends about the forum if the Administrator deems itself and gives itself a name like this. If however, Clare is reading this message, I want to tell you that I don't agree with your actions but I have nothing against you in particular. I think it's a great forum, well managed and why you should be proud. As for the rest, it's only my opinion I guess. It remains what it is though. I'm a person who has had so many problems ... it taught me to open my mind to understand all the others, despite their illnesses, despite their reputation and above all it taught me not to judge others. This is one of my primal values ​​and that is why I have never accused anyone of being responsible for the choices, actions and death of Amy.

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#45 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

I do remember that there was a message from Blake here once but I don't know on what thread.

http://www.amywineho...sage from blake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users