211 replies to this topic

#46 Yuni13eunice

Yuni13eunice

Yuni,Yuni,Yuni&Yuni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

I bought the book june 28th, and since then I was reading every free time I have. The book is very very amazing.
I'm loving this reading, Mitch told so much details about Amy that I'd never realize myself. If he did this book for money or not, it really doesn't matter (for me, at least), I can't imagine how painful was to him write about all her life so deeply.
If you want to put Amy like Blessed Virgin Mary, don't buy this book. But if you want the truth about what happened in Amy's life, it's the right one, worth every cent I've spent with.

I too was surprised to see how Mitch provided so many details in the book which I didn't expect him to do that. So much information so I plan to read again.

#47 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

I too was surprised to see how Mitch provided so many details in the book which I didn't expect him to do that. So much information so I plan to read again.

So, you'll be reading it a second time? I think I will too! Right when I finished reading it, I felt as if I needed to read it again and absorb every bit of information in the book. Wow! Hope I'm not the only person who is feeling that way.

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#48 Yuni13eunice

Yuni13eunice

Yuni,Yuni,Yuni&Yuni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

So, you'll be reading it a second time? I think I will too! Right when I finished reading it, I felt as if I needed to read it again and absorb every bit of information in the book. Wow! Hope I'm not the only person who is feeling that way.

Yes I feel same way as you do. Because I don't really absorb everything in the book because all I wanted is finding the answers but eventually in the end I am somewhat confusing so I need to read again so I can understand more better. By the way Amy was only 27 and to me when reading her life she is way ahead of her time. SMH

#49 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

I know this sounds silly but was reading the book all weekend and at times I had to put it down. The emotional drama surrounding the Blake situation did my head in, and made me get in a mind frame of when I was being controlled by a very nasty ex. It saddened me that Amy was under Blake's control for so long and suffered physically & mentally, even though she was such a strong forthright woman. And now that I have gotten to the last chapter (starting in 2011) I had to stop reading, I know what happens.

I also am surprised and grateful at all the details Mitch has included in the book, its rare that you get that from biographies.

#50 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:10 PM

I feel that the book has brought me some sort of closure. I was able to see Amy as a truly troubled person who was fighting for her life. I officially believe her death was pure accident. She abstained from drinking and then relapsed, maybe due to depression, maybe from withdrawal symptoms. Either way, she was trying to stop. That to me sounds like a positive person. I don't think she wanted to be troubled by her past. I think she really was trying to move on.

In the end, it is just tragic. It could have and does happen to people all the time.

#51 Courtney_Mo

Courtney_Mo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

I spent the entire weekend entralled with this book. Mitch did a fine job. He gave so many details without seeming like he was giving away too much. Like @MandyP said, this book gave me closure too. Although, reading the parts about her addiction was emotionally exhausting. As a reader, I found myself rooting for Amy and was disappointed everytime she relapsed. If I was dissappointed reading fully aware of the ultimate ending, I can only imagine the great disappointment Mitch felt at the time. Reading made me realize how easy it is to get stuck in the vicious cycle of addiction. As a non drug user, it is easy to forget that at some point for the addict using is no longer fun but a physical requirement to stave off painful withdrawl symptoms. I am more understanding/compassionate towards the plight of addicts, after reading this book.

This is a must-read for Amy fans.

Edited by Courtney_Mo, 03 July 2012 - 12:23 AM.

You took my heart and played the part of little coquette. All my dreams disappeared like the smoke from a cigarette.

#52 Yuni13eunice

Yuni13eunice

Yuni,Yuni,Yuni&Yuni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:05 AM

I know this sounds silly but was reading the book all weekend and at times I had to put it down. The emotional drama surrounding the Blake situation did my head in, and made me get in a mind frame of when I was being controlled by a very nasty ex. It saddened me that Amy was under Blake's control for so long and suffered physically & mentally, even though she was such a strong forthright woman. And now that I have gotten to the last chapter (starting in 2011) I had to stop reading, I know what happens.

I also am surprised and grateful at all the details Mitch has included in the book, its rare that you get that from biographies.

I never knew well all of us really knew the real story behind Amy and Blake's "Love Story". Reading Mitch's perspective it led me to believe which it's obviously to us that she was controlled and Blake abused mentally and emotionally and I believe physically was involved as well. No wonder why Amy was obsessive about Blake, and she felt "loved" because he control her and that what Amy liked. I believe and obviously that Amy liked to be controlled in order to feel loved. Such a shame

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

I spent the entire weekend entralled with this book. Mitch did a fine job. He gave so many details without seeming like he was giving away too much. Like @MandyP said, this book gave me closure too. Although, reading the parts about her addiction was emotionally exhausting. As a reader, I found myself rooting for Amy and was disappointed everytime she relapsed. If I was dissappointed reading fully aware of the ultimate ending, I can only imagine the great disappointment Mitch felt at the time. Reading made me realize how easy it is to get stuck in the vicious cycle of addiction. As a non drug user, it is easy to forget that at some point for the addict using is no longer fun but a physical requirement to stave off painful withdrawl symptoms. I am more understanding/compassionate towards the plight of addicts, after reading this book.

This is a must-read for Amy fans.

It might be too much information but Mitch did a pretty job as well. Like Amy with her music she revealed her honestly; so did Mitch with Amy's story because he wants to set the record straight about Amy. Believe me there is a lot of misinformation behind the press and rumors about Amy and Mitch sorted them off which he did a good job with it.

#53 AnnaAnna

AnnaAnna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

At least the link to Mitchs Intview with the german TV.
its a nice talk, 18 min long

http://www.zdf.de/ZD...r-Amy?ipad=true

Today I gave some parts of the book a second try.
2010/2011 was depressing. Not much better as 2007/2008. And thumbs up for Mitch. He has gone thru a lot.

#54 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

Thanks AnnaAnna.. it's nice to see him smile.

Edited by allisost, 03 July 2012 - 07:46 PM.

#55 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

Everyone got the book?Does people from UK have already the book ?

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#56 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

Everyone got the book?Does people from UK have already the book ?

Looks like July 5th so soon :)

#57 AnnaAnna

AnnaAnna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

I've downloded the Kindle Version from Amazon.
Perfect.

#58 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

Looks like July 5th so soon :)

Ah cause in US it is already out no?

Edited by Amy Jenna Harper, 03 July 2012 - 08:55 PM.

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#59 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:55 PM

Ah cause in US it already out no?

Yes... the foundation posted release dates:
USA - HarperCollins: 26 June