213 replies to this topic

#46 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

I am a big fan of SID as well. My thoughts were that him & Nancy were a destructive force together similar to the way
Amy & Blake were to each other ( partners in crime) .. On a lighter note just last Halloween my husband and I went to a costume party as Sid & Nancy and the surprising thing was people knew who we were. I thought it was because of how much time had passed that maybe the younger ones wouldnt know BUT they did and we had a blast..

If you're ever in the Philadelphia area, and to [MENTION=1205]Mama_Haze[/MENTION] as well, I used to live around the corner from Nancy's grave in Bensalem. It's become something of a shrine to their story. There is a rumor that some of Sid's ashes were sprinkled there as well, although that has never been confirmed.

#47 moiraproject

moiraproject

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

I don't like him ... but I wish him the best!
moira

#48 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

Reports say the outlook on Blake is not good, . It's just so sad. I had hoped he would clean up and take care of his child. I hate to see this happen. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

What a shame.

Also, please keep in mind, as many forumers have stated, that Blake is a human being. Yes, he made mistakes. Yes, he did some things to AW that most, if not all of us dispise, but he does not deserve any negative thoughts while he is fighting for his life. If you cannot find compassion in your heart for him, please have compassion for his son. Every child deserves to have a mother and father.
  • inwinoveritas likes this

#49 amyisthebest

amyisthebest

his message was brutal,the delivery was kind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

very sad news...I was hoping that he was going to do the best he could to clean up his act, after he come out of jail.About Mitch, I think he now more understands that addiction is a disease, and Blake was a victim of it, just like Amy was.And it's very gentle of Mitch that he is responding like this now(after all the years of fighting against him), bless the man..I hope Blake is pulling through and start his life again, positively. In the first place for his son, Jack. I'm also happy to read that you, people here on the forum, are more kindly against Blake, then the people that comment on that story in the sun. After all, we are all human beeings, with a father, mother, and family and friends, and all with our good and bad things.It's like said here on the forum , Blake is and always will be a part of the Amy Winehouse story, and it would be so tragic that they both would be gone...

#50 StephanieL13

StephanieL13

I told you, I was trouble....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

I am SHOCKED when I saw this.... but at the same time I knew this would happen. It's funny I've thought of them as sid and nancy too... It just kills me. I am not as anti blake as most people.

I just feel like, if he never got arrested in 2008 and they actually cleaned up together and Amy got pregnant I think for sure that would have saved her, and she would still be here...It's like blake is one of the last pieces of amy left. it just breaks my heart, even if I could have never met her, I just wish she could have had her dream little family... I think despite what the media has said about her, that she would have been a great mom. she deserved happiness and life.

i feel terribly bad for him, i really do. if you think we all miss amy, imagine how he feels. Please get better, blake incarcerated.

Lovebird, my beautiful bird.
Sung until one day she couldn't be heard.
Amy was the morning, now she's gone
She's reborn like Sarah Vaughn
In the sanctuary, she has found, birds surround
her sweet sound
And Amy flies in Paradise...
And Amy flies in Paradise

#51 prettymaryk

prettymaryk

distractionless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

I'm ashamed to say how conflicted I am about this - I have often wished something like this would happen to him. Now I feel awful. I hope he wakes up, I hope he gets better and SURVIVES, because someone has to...

#52 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

I just feel like, if he never got arrested in 2008 and they actually cleaned up together and Amy got pregnant I think for sure that would have saved her, and she would still be here...It's like blake is one of the last pieces of amy left. it just breaks my heart, even if I could have never met her, I just wish she could have had her dream little family... I think despite what the media has said about her, that she would have been a great mom. she deserved happiness and life.

To be blunt, if Blake hadn't gone to prison in 2007/8 I don't think Amy would have lived as long as she did. Without his influence, she managed to start sorting herself out, I think a baby would have been the worst thing that could have happened to her when she was still a mess. He pretty much thwarted every attempt the people around Amy made to get her clean in 2007 and if he was around her still in 2008, I don't think she'd have got to the point where she realised she needed to kick the drugs in time. The fact that he's still hooked on heroin five years later (despite the fact he spent most of those years in prison without consistant access to drugs, which would have been the perfect environment to quit) shows he had no intention of sorting himself out imo. Call me cynical, but I hope this gives him the kick up the ass he needs and he can recover and sort his life out.

#53 StephanieL13

StephanieL13

I told you, I was trouble....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

Okay, I will call you cynical. ;)

That is another interesting theory.
A couple of thoughts- you can absolutely get drugs in jail, sometimes easier than on the streets

also they did both try to get help... i dont think he "thwarted" every attempt. he had said many many times he wanted her to get off drugs. i think they just couldn't help themselves. they were going to eventually get better. but maybe you're right, you never know. that was just my personal opinion.

and he had been clean- the kick in the ass was amy's death. i think he relapsed due to being heartbroken

just saying....

Lovebird, my beautiful bird.
Sung until one day she couldn't be heard.
Amy was the morning, now she's gone
She's reborn like Sarah Vaughn
In the sanctuary, she has found, birds surround
her sweet sound
And Amy flies in Paradise...
And Amy flies in Paradise

#54 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

Okay, I will call you cynical. ;)

That is another interesting theory.
A couple of thoughts- you can absolutely get drugs in jail, sometimes easier than on the streets

also they did both try to get help... i dont think he "thwarted" every attempt. he had said many many times he wanted her to get off drugs. i think they just couldn't help themselves. they were going to eventually get better. but maybe you're right, you never know. that was just my personal opinion.

and he had been clean- the kick in the ass was amy's death. i think he relapsed due to being heartbroken

just saying....

Whenever Amy's management forced her into rehab with Blake, they were out again within days. Whenever Amy went in on her own she generally cooperated and made active attempts to rehab on her own - Blake didn't, he was happy to fall into the same destructive cycle again and again. Even when they were in the Causeway Retreat together, Blake organised drugs to be delivered. And recovering wasn't an inevitability; she had enough close shaves with death as it was, with Blake there I doubt she would have made it beyond 2009.

This isn't aimed at you but I've never understood why some people try and romanticise Amy/Blake as some grand romance of epic proportions. They were two co-dependant addicts who regularly cheated on each other and physically fought each other. Even before Mitch's book came out, it was pretty clear Blake had been manipulating Amy throughout their relationship and Mitch confirmed it. The fact she was ringing Tyler James the second Blake left their hotel room and then hanging up when she heard him coming back suggests everything wasn't completely right. They may have loved each other but together they were just killing each other, time away from each other was the best thing they could have hoped for. Amy managed to sort herself out to a degree and Blake seemed to be doing ok building a life up north (minus the prison sentences!).

EDIT: Just read this back and it seems really ranty, it wasn't meant to be! aha. I guess everyone has different opinions on it all, just not a massive fan of him! :P

Just read a new quote from his girlfriend and apparently he's managed to quit heroin so fair play to him, it does seem like he's made an effort.

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

Edited by TBR, 09 August 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#55 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:56 PM

Everything aside, I really hope he pulls through. If this doesnt open his eyes, I dont know what will. If he were to pass, it'd be a shame no matter who he is, he's too young to die.

His son is beyond adorable. I went crazy when I saw his names Jack...jack of hearts.

#56 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:39 AM

Shocked. Absolutely shocked. God knows I loathed his guts...but this is way too depressing. I don't know what is best for him - to lead the rest of his life battling against addiction/raising his child under awful circumstances whatsoever or...die and find rest, eventually. I'd be pro life in any other case but to be honest, I don't fucking know. Damn those tortured souls. I hope what's going to happen will be for the best.
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#57 Hopscotchtears

Hopscotchtears

For You I Was A Flame.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:13 AM

For the sake of his son, I hope he gets well. He lost the person he loved/loves to addiction. I think that should play an important role in his recovery and potentially sounds like it could make it even more difficult. It would for me any how. I don't know him so I cannot judge him, only that something like this should ravage you enough to want to help yourself.

Fill my heart with song
Let me sing for ever more
You are all I long for.

#58 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

I can't wish for someone to die for no reason, but i just don't care about him.

60do5Ti.jpg

#59 JackofHearts

JackofHearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:03 AM

Honestly, I've often wished he'd just be sent to jail for the rest of his life or isolate himself so we'd never again have to hear about him, but when I read the title of this thread on the forum my heart sank. I guess it's just a different perspective I have now of the whole situation especially after reading AMD.
I really hope he pulls through because I know that that's what Amy would have wanted. She wouldn't want him to die young like her.
It's not his fault Amy died, so I have to try and forgive the things he did to Amy. He needs to move on with his life and better himself for the sake of his new family.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#60 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

I still can't believe given the nature of his background this is still not a 'confirmed' story. Even the Dewsbury new site are still saying 'reportedly'?

I see Jan Moir has taken the opportuntiy to do a story:
http://www.dailymail...toxic-life.html

I also agree with TBR Blake may have spoke about getting clean but he didn't appear to put any effort into it and didn't Mitch say in the book that he whispered to him that he wouldn't because he liked being an addict.

I feel so sorry for his son and you wonder what kind of life he has to look forward to.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users