1324 replies to this topic

#766 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:53 PM

Put yourself in his shoes. Would you keep quiet if someone had made an untruthful film about your deceased child?

I don't share his opinion, but I think we should try to see things from his perspective.

I'm in the camp that believes that it's not always what you say but how you say it.  Then when people meet him where he's at, he blocks them.  He cannot connect the dots from abandoning Amy as a child and the lifelong, negative consequences that many people carry from that.  "Oh, I though she was over it when she was 9."  Yeah, she was over it, just a coincidence that she was put on antidepressants when she was 13, was it?  He needs a really good therapist.  That's not a swipe at him, it's a simple fact. 

If he doesn't deal with this then I guess he doesn't need rehab either.  We all have blind spots.  Repetitive negative behavior that we sometimes don't realize.  We get conflicted. We automatically do the wrong thing over and over without knowing why our life is so difficult or why we're so angry.  We need a professional.  If he would do intense CBT, he could get a lot of this trivia out of his system and stop broadcasting it to planet. 

He'll never find peace like this and he needs that so much more than he needs revenge.  The definition of insanity?  Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

He said at some point Amy had to be responsible for herself, very true.  So, who is responsible for Mitch, Mitch?

• catpuss, Ace of Hearts, inwinoveritas and 4 others like this

#767 Soul Power

Soul Power

More than a fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:57 PM

Mitch has the right to grieve how he needs to, and he's also entitled to air his opinions. But lately he's taking to a place where I just feel so deeply sorry and embarrassed for him.

• catpuss likes this

#768 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:40 PM

I'm quite saddened by all this. We watch a film and witness how the media hounded Amy and then It's all kicking off yet again in such a public arena. I watched the film and although it's a difficult watch I was glad I'd done because we got an insight into the witty, funny and loving Amy but again she could be very manipulative. At the Q&A either Nicky or Asif commented that she could be a different person to different people, they both said there could be many different Amy's.

I was hoping the legacy from this whether you agree with it or not would have been her talent and not her private life, but this is all being unearthed again by the disagreements between Mitch and the film makers. I feel for Mitch I cannot begin to understand what he's going through but attacking her friends is really not the way to go. I also wonder what Janis thinks about all this?

I never went to see the film to get 'the truth' we will never know what really happened but I do hope this bickering stops and the focus can go back to the positive aspects of Amy, well you can live in hope,

• pearljo, catpuss, Ace of Hearts and 2 others like this
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#769 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:43 PM

Put yourself in his shoes. Would you keep quiet if someone had made an untruthful film about your deceased child?

I don't share his opinion, but I think we should try to see things from his perspective.

Tbh, I think the statement he made before the release of the film should have been enough. Say your piece and leave it at that. This desire to go after everyone even a little bit involved with the film, including people who were very close to Amy, is ridiculous and just shows how self-serving he is. He's embarrassing himself. It doesn't have anything to do with Amy's memory. It's all about him.

• Tara, catpuss, Ace of Hearts and 1 other like this
"They laughed when I said I was going to become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

#770 dionthéoda_

dionthéoda_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:47 PM

Even now, when she's gone, Amy still makes some people to feel pain in their butts.

Her dad can't resist the temptation to rouse a scandal. :(

We can only guess if Amy liked to be in the center of attention or not, but it's quite obvious that her father really loves it.

Ok I am trying to read,from page 50..what's going on. Mitch apparently doesn't like  this documentary...at all

#771 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:26 PM

nothing wrong with mitch letting these people know what he thinks of them but please do it privately, you're in your 60's not 20's. 

• pearljo, catpuss and inwinoveritas like this

#772 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:29 PM

It says a lot about this forum that we remain objective and impartial and aren't pandering to Mitch (like some Amy fans are on twitter - honestly, check the replies on any of his tweets). It's why I come here still, after all these years :)

• Tara, pearljo, catpuss and 4 others like this

#773 xxGodisLovexx

xxGodisLovexx

Psalm 46:10

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:19 PM

I am going to watch it tomorrow and trust me it was really hard finding a movie theater, that was not in another state. I am a bit nervous just bringing back old memories.is not going to be fun, but I'll write my opinion on what I thought about it. Overall it's getting positive reviews.

John 17:25-26 “Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

#774 DARE TO BE D

DARE TO BE D

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:58 PM

just got back from seeing the movie ..I was happy to see Amy happy in the beginning .. she was so pretty and funny and SPECIAL!!!   But of course I left crying... couldn't help it ..I drove home asking why ?? I felt like I did on the day she passed ..all those feelings came back and my heart hurt...

there has been so much said about this movie, Mitch,  Blake and that manager : Raye ... But the blame game is OVER,.. nothing will bring her back..

Her mom seemed to be honest like her book.. Her friends loved her and knew her before the fame and they just wanted her to be the Amy they knew,...

I think Amy felt trapped and didn't want what came with the fame. She used drugs and drink to escape.. It became the way to forget her troubles..

Nobody's life can be spelled out in 2hours..so of course their were things that couldn't be included..why should anyone bring that up? there are things in all our lives that are private that only we know and that's way it should be.. I have written before that I hope Mitch makes his own movie .. I would watch it ,just like I have watched everything I can about her. To me this movie shows who she was before she became the butt of jokes and that's important for her legacy..I love Amys voice and Salem said it best when he said in the movie" her voice touches me" because that's how I feel..I didn't know Amy when she alive..although I wish I had. But my love of her music ,lyrics will always be there. And I am glad that I got to see more of the real girl!.. You are missed Amy and I wish your life could have been what you wanted and not what others wanted..

• catpuss, Ace of Hearts, melnyk and 2 others like this

#775 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:16 PM

http://www.nme.com/f...f-amy-winehouse

#776 DARE TO BE D

DARE TO BE D

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:59 PM

@Chris...Thank you for posting that link to the nme story about the movie. I think it was well written and pretty much says How I felt about the movie. Except I was never a Amy hater. I found myself defending her behavior at that time to people I knew . I saw her behavior as " doing her dirt" ..I would say things like

It doesn't make a difference because she Is still the best singer out there.. But it does and it did for her ...

#777 inwinoveritas

inwinoveritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:28 PM

@crol

yeah, i'm also shocked by the fact. But it could be possible, that only those who like him are reading his tweets, so that's hy the outcome is a lil bit differently.Every famous person has more positive and supportive comments on twitter, than on neutral forums!

@mayday

no, actually i don't think, that he behaves like a man in his 20s, nor do i believe, that he's behaving like one, he merely reminds me of a pre-teen or at least of someone in his early teens.

and the saddest thing about it is, that this thread is becoming more and more a Mitch thread! No one was complaining bout the doc, no one but him. Blake and Raye are really coming off a lil bit more negative than maybe in reality, but do they complan? NO! Or do they mock the doc and ppl involved, esp those, who where criticizing them? No. and are they doing it in such an inapprobriate way? NO! But if you'd ask the same things about Mitch, i guess, that the answers to all 3 questions would be YES. sadly, but true.

• catpuss and Ace of Hearts like this

#778 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:45 AM

this movie is literally turning peoples views on amy, twitter has been shocked saying stuff like "wow this documentary shed a new light on amy" etc etc.

its a shame it took them 4 years to realize but we made it amy, rip legend :wub:

• catpuss likes this

#779 Deep Regret

Deep Regret

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:24 AM

It's true. It is sad that Mitch's urge to assign blame is overshadowing the fact that the documentary is bringing the much needed truth about his amazing daughter to the forefront. That's what he should be concentrating on for his own good. And of course I feel empathy for the tough times he's endured, but it is also true that there are more and less productive ways of saying things. 

I can't wait until I see the movie on Sunday so I can come back here with something more useful to add to the conversation than an analysis of Mitch's behavior.  ;  )

"So he tries to pacify her, but what's inside her never dies."  :amy_winking:

#780 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:18 AM

• catpuss and melnyk like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannes, doc, documentary, film, movie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users