#782 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:13 PM

http://www.joe.ie/mu...campaign=Buffer

Wow, he is ranting....... A much as I agree with some of the things he has bought up he does leave himself wide open to criticism , " I had to work late at night to put bread on the table" .....but he was also having an affair, missed that bit out. Oh the foundation does get a cut of the profits.... Interesting
I do think Mitch is reading the forum, I would like to say how sorry I am he is upset and leave it at that I have my own thoughts on this anyway, before I have even seen the film.
  • inwinoveritas likes this

#783 inwinoveritas

inwinoveritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:17 PM

Wow, he is ranting....... A much as I agree with some of the things he has bought up he does leave himself wide open to criticism , " I had to work late at night to put bread on the table" .....but he was also having an affair, missed that bit out. Oh the foundation does get a cut of the profits.... Interesting
I do think Mitch is reading the forum, I would like to say how sorry I he is upset and leave it at that I have my own thoughts on this anyway before I have even seen the film.

yes, he hadn't to wrk only, most of the time he was away because of his affair.. and to put the bread on the table...isn't it true that Janis (as a pharmaacist) made more money than him and was the main source of income...but yes, maybe, we shouldn't be so harsh, if he's really reading the forum. Cause maybem this could hurt a lot. But on the other hand, i alsp think, that some criticism is even necessary, cause otherwise, Mitch wouldn't know, what he had done wrong. We shhould only keep it more subtile and polite.

• catpuss likes this

#784 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:21 PM

https://www.yahoo.co...3758852101.html

theres a rare interview in here

#785 jat470

jat470

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:41 AM

Oh the foundation does get a cut of the profits.... Interesting

More like confusing. I mean, what the fuck is this guy playing at?

Here we have Mitch trashing the film and the director to anyone who will listen, but then goes on this show to tell everybody "go see it anyway since the foundation gets a cut of the profits."

So the movie apparently represents a source of revenue for the foundation, yet he's going out of his way to turn people off from seeing it. I dunno, that just strikes as being, well, dumb.

• Ace of Hearts and inwinoveritas like this

#786 Poom

Poom

My Own Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 09:02 AM

More like confusing. I mean, what the fuck is this guy playing at?

Here we have Mitch trashing the film and the director to anyone who will listen, but then goes on this show to tell everybody "go see it anyway since the foundation gets a cut of the profits."

So the movie apparently represents a source of revenue for the foundation, yet he's going out of his way to turn people off from seeing it. I dunno, that just strikes as being, well, dumb.

Maybe he realises the more he tells people not to see it, the more people are going to see it just because. He's actually promoting it quite well, everyone loves a bit of controversy...

#787 dionthéoda_

dionthéoda_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:01 AM

I saw the mouvie yesterday ...! I would like to say that despite the different polemics around the movie it is about an artist with a huge talent who had much problems but also a beautiful voice.Btw I have not followed all the polemics , and I preferred to have my own opinion on the documentary.
  • inwinoveritas likes this

#788 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:36 PM

• King Marty, DeeDaw and dionthéoda_ like this

#789 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:50 PM

http://www.npr.org/2...-tabloid-legacy

Song at the end I don"t know

#790 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:16 PM

http://www.npr.org/2...-tabloid-legacy

Song at the end I don"t know

The song at the end is What Is It About Men from Frank.

• catpuss likes this

#791 Deep Regret

Deep Regret

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:53 PM

Saw the movie a few hours ago and am carrying around that heavy heart feeling like I knew I would. Even though I was familiar with a lot of the footage and the basic back story, nothing really prepared for me the two hour emotional roller coaster that it was. It was beautifully put together. There was quite a bit of happy footage at the beginning that showed us such a bright, shining star. For me, what always sticks out the most is that even in the midst of what seemed the worst years (the drug years, 2007 and 2008 mainly) you could still see the enigmatic girl, and that the most dramatic personality change took place near the end. So that was obviously the hardest part to watch, seeing Amy turn into the unsure shell of the person she once was, particularly the part that showed the Belgrade concert. Heartbreaking to say the least!

The previously unseen footage and the interviews helped to put the puzzle pieces together certainly. And oh how lovely it was to hear snippets of unreleased songs! I'm happy I went, even though it made me miss her more than ever! 

• Tara, melnyk, King Marty and 1 other like this

"So he tries to pacify her, but what's inside her never dies."  :amy_winking:

#792 DeeDaw

DeeDaw

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:49 PM

https://www.reddit.c...tor_of_amy_the/

• Gus×Wino, inwinoveritas and King Marty like this

#793 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:41 PM

https://www.reddit.c...tor_of_amy_the/

I would love to watch the 8000 hours of footage with Amy.
  • Uno, Soul Power, Ace of Hearts and 3 others like this

#794 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:58 PM

EZYcREq.jpg

fingers crossed 

• Tara, Uno, Ace of Hearts and 2 others like this

#795 Deep Regret

Deep Regret

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:05 PM

^ That makes me even more excited for the DVD release, even though it is still a few months away! 

"So he tries to pacify her, but what's inside her never dies."  :amy_winking:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannes, doc, documentary, film, movie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users