• Please log in to reply
1324 replies to this topic

#811 littleuniverse

littleuniverse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:26 AM

I like Russell Brand & agree with everything he said in this video. 

• pearljo, dykehaze, SarahMermaid and 1 other like this

#812 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:36 PM

https://www.ted.com/...iction_is_wrong
  • King Marty likes this
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#813 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:29 PM

In case you can't read the title of this terrific TED Talk vid, it's "Everything You Think You Know About Addiction is Wrong"
  • King Marty likes this
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#814 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:11 PM

• Gus×Wino, Birdieava, TBR and 4 others like this

#815 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:17 PM

http://amy-forever.c...n-camden-square

• Birdieava, DARE TO BE D and King Marty like this

#816 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:20 PM

HERE'S THE 'BACK TO BLACK' STORY THAT HIT THE AMY WINEHOUSE DOCUMENTARY'S CUTTING ROOM FLOOR

http://www.villagevo...m-floor-7387387

• Uno, Birdieava, Soul Power and 3 others like this

#817 Ace of Hearts

Ace of Hearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:33 PM

Love this:

'You mean to tell me that the guy that played on my album is named Binky Griptite?!'
  • Gus×Wino, Soul Power and HelloSailor like this

#818 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:42 PM

Ok I"ve seen it only 9 people in the room all sitting behind me.... I felt I was only one in there.

Things I didn't know... Chris Taylor was white!
And Amy doing body and soul with Tony Bennet seemed much more together than any footage I"d seen , a glimpse of the old Amy.
I was in New York in March 2006 when Amy was making back to Black thought it was made 2007

I asked 3 ladies what they thought of it, they say it had changed their opinion of her....job done.

I smiled and cried, but it felt just like losing her all over again. Hopefully this time everyone will see what we see, brilliant lyricist, intelligent women, witty and kind but frail and vulnerable. Who was loved and still is, she just didn't know how much.
  • Gus×Wino, Soul Power, DARE TO BE D and 4 others like this

#819 Mizzwanned

Mizzwanned

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:45 AM

But like- do you guys thinks we'll get that full song? The one we got a snippet of in the documentary

#820 brendanvincent

brendanvincent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:13 AM

There is a song playing in the film over a collage of Amy pictures where she is leaving a restaurant and then all of a sudden it unfades to show Blake also with her as they are hanging out again and it was a song of hers that was playing at that moment and I can't seem to find which one it is, it isn't on any of my CD's? It was something about friends and then had a quick piano beat

EDIT: We're Still Friends. Studio version is not out.

#821 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:30 AM

There is a song playing in the film over a collage of Amy pictures where she is leaving a restaurant and then all of a sudden it unfades to show Blake also with her as they are hanging out again and it was a song of hers that was playing at that moment and I can't seem to find which one it is, it isn't on any of my CD's? It was something about friends and then had a quick piano beat

EDIT: We're Still Friends. Studio version is not out.

This is one of the best scenes imo. It was very well made. Fans of course know that Blake returned to her life but to the ones who never followed amys story it may come as a "shock" moment
  • crol and Ace of Hearts like this
Amy flies in paradise

#822 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:11 PM

http://zaphod.uk.vvh...reg/7915-414423

If anyone want to see where Amy recorded Body And Soul.

#823 amywinehousequeen

amywinehousequeen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:22 PM

This is one of the best scenes imo. It was very well made. Fans of course know that Blake returned to her life but to the ones who never followed amys story it may come as a "shock" moment

This was my favourite moment too. I loved all the moving photo sequencesXXX

#824 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:01 AM

Finally saw the movie last night. What an emotionally exhausting 2 hours.

As much as I would have liked to see it on my own, having a huge audience there with you laughing at Amy's wit, gasping with horror in the darker moments, made the whole experience extremely moving.

I found the hardest moments were when Lauren or Juliette were speaking, especially towards the end when they were struggling to speak through their tears. Those girls had an incredibly tough time watching their best friend slowly self-destruct, and while no one can judge them for the decisions they made regarding the way they dealt with her, they must be so conflicted now with guilt and regret over the outcome. I have nothing but the utmost respect for them.

I felt on the whole Mitch didn't come off too badly. There was one moment where Mitch said that Amy at the end of the day had to sort herself out. That provoked murmuring and shock from the audience. We here all know however that he would have meant she had to want help in order to get better, but the way it was phrased implied that she was left to fend for herself. I thought that was a bit mean to Mitch to put that in there. I also feel as though the last 3 years of her life weren't misrepresented at all. Her friends spoke of how much better she seemed, and how there were moments when they felt they had the old, pre-BtB Amy back. Although Amy went through huge changes over those 3 years, they pale in comparison compared to the 18 months prior, so this was always going to be the focus.

Raye didn't come off too badly, just a little uncaring and business-minded. However he had a job to do, and felt that her family should be in charge of her well-being. While this isn't commendable, I wouldn't blame him for what happened.

There were so many incredible moments - the audio of We're Still Friends, all the early unseen performances, hearing from Juliette and Lauren. So many shocking moments too - and I thought there was nothing left to shock me.

Overall the movie didn't try to answer any questions or place the blame on anyone. I left it with a sense of utter helplessness... I strongly feel that no one was to blame for her death but herself, and no one could make her better but herself. Thinking "this person could have done this for her", or "that person shouldn't have done that to her", is ultimately futile.

• Tara, pearljo, Ace of Hearts and 3 others like this

#825 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:22 AM

"I strongly feel that no one was to blame for her death but herself, and no one could make her better but herself. Thinking "this person could have done this for her", or "that person shouldn't have done that to her", is ultimately futile."

That's one of the lessons I guess.  If someone is addicted, it's not your fault and you can't fix it.

• crol likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannes, doc, documentary, film, movie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users