104 replies to this topic

#61 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location🇺🇦 Ukraine 🇺🇦

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

Thank you, [MENTION=1624]Cecilia[/MENTION]!

V.Melnyk

#62 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

So I went to Camden today. Camden Square was quiet, kids playing in the playgrounds, people sunbathing in the park. There were still notes for Amy attached to the trees and a large tribute on the ground. I attached our tributes to one of the trees (the one that was pretty empty). They're written on blue paper and I've put them in plastic sleeves because they're predicting rain and thunderstorms for tomorrow. I couldn't fit them under the cable ties so I used drawing pins.

Here's the view of the house with the trees:

Posted Image

This is the tree with our tributes. I will post close ups of the individual letters, but my camera's acting up so I'll have to do it later:

Posted Image

Here's the other tree with the tributes that were already there:

Posted Image

Here's the display some people made on the ground:

Posted Image

I also went by Jeffrey's Place and Prowse Place, very quiet there too, as it has been since Amy left. I wanted to take a picture of the gates to the Jeffrey's Place flats, but some residents were busy moving some boxes of stuff into one of the flats, and taking a picture would have been rude. So here's the street sign instead:

Posted Image

And here's the Prowse Place flat:

Posted Image

I don't know if any people are planning to gather at Camden Square tomorrow and bring more tributes. What I did of course doesn't compare to @Miss Mermaid's work last year, but I think this year Amy's birthday will be the big day, with hundreds of events and tributes all over the place...

Edited by Cecilia, 23 July 2013 - 11:05 AM.

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#63 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

Looks great! Thank you for braving the heat of London for us [MENTION=1624]Cecilia[/MENTION]!
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#64 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

So I went to Camden today. Camden Square was quiet, kids playing in the playgrounds, people sunbathing in the park. There were still notes for Amy attached to the trees and a large tribute on the ground. I attached out tributes to one of the trees (the one that was pretty empty). They're written on blue paper and I've put them in plastic sleeves because they're predicting rain and thunderstorms for tomorrow. I couldn't fit them under the cable ties so I used drawing pins.

Here's the view of the house with the trees:

http://i1210.photobu...pg?t=1374433947

This is the tree with our tributes. I will post close ups of the individual letters, but my camera's acting up so I'll have to do it later:

http://i1210.photobu...pg?t=1374433704

Here's the other tree with the tributes that were already there:

http://i1210.photobu...pg?t=1374433998

Here's the display some people made on the ground:

http://i1210.photobu...pg?t=1374434340

I also went by Jeffrey's Place and Prowse Place, very quiet there too, as it has been since Amy left. I wanted to take a picture of the gates to the Prowse Place flats, but some residents were busy moving some boxes of stuff into one of the flats, and taking a picture would have been rude. So here's the street sign instead:

http://i1210.photobu...pg?t=1374433733

And here's the Prowse Place flat:

http://i1210.photobu...pg?t=1374433804

I don't know if any people are planning to gather at Camden Square tomorrow and bring more tributes. What I did of course doesn't compare to @Miss Mermaid's work last year, but I think this year Amy's birthday will be the big day, with hundreds of events and tributes all over the place...

Posted Image
I recognize that one from the FB page Amy Winehouse Fans Flowers and Booze Bottles. There are more pics of it on their FB page if anybody wants to check it out.

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#65 scottsimpson16

scottsimpson16

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

my tribute tattoo! got it on Friday. Featuring the songbird on Amys right lower arm, with the lyrics 'We only said goodbye with words'... <3

#66 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:50 PM

[MENTION=1624]Cecilia[/MENTION], I'm really disappointed with those pics because you aren't in any of them :-P

#67 SoulRehab

SoulRehab

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

Can' believe it's been 2 years.
I just want to thank all the people of this wonderful community.

I was in Camden a year ago. This is how it looked then.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

sending love to all of you !!!

x

Attached Files

“If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.”

#68 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

I can't believe it's been 2 years today.

Here are some more pictures from yesterday. I hope the tributes stay put because we've been having a thunderstorm here, so I assume the weather's similar in London.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#69 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

nice one [MENTION=1624]Cecilia[/MENTION] xx

Sending love to all the fans today xxx

#70 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

Oh [MENTION=1624]Cecilia[/MENTION] they are lovely! Made me cry and smile at the same time. Thank you so much for doing this! :)
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#71 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

You're all welcome :)

glad to see you back [MENTION=1041]Miss Mermaid[/MENTION], will you be going to the house today?

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#72 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

Thank you [MENTION=1624]Cecilia[/MENTION], I appreciate that so much. There's so much I could've said, but I honestly didn't even know where to start. That means so much to me. Thank you.

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#73 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

Our tributes are still there today, and more have been added by other fans!!!

Attached File  fans-lay-tributes-outside-amy-winehouses_3777137.jpg   64.46KB   14 downloads

Attached File  fans-lay-tributes-outside-amy-winehouses_3777139.jpg   36.51KB   20 downloads

Attached File  fans-lay-tributes-outside-amy-winehouses_3777144.jpg   41.49KB   16 downloads

More pictures at Contactmusic:

http://www.contactmu...es-home_3777138

Edited by Cecilia, 23 July 2013 - 02:26 PM.

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#74 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

You're all welcome :)

glad to see you back [MENTION=1041]Miss Mermaid[/MENTION], will you be going to the house today?

No. I know it isnt about me but i found it too heavy going last year.

Hope that you are well. :-)

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

No. I know it isnt about me but i found it too heavy going last year.

Hope that you are well. :-)

actually just changed my mind - all the paps will be at the hospital awaiting the royal baby.

will pop down with a tribute.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Here. Hardly anything here apart from Cececila. Five people here. Fans are shit.

All the photographers are at the hospital for the Royal baby but where are the fan tributes.

#75 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

That is crap! I would be there if I could be, really wish I was there. :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users