104 replies to this topic

#31 Eva

Eva

Banned Bitch!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

dunno if it was directed towards her, but jic, allisost isn't against the original idea by any means and appreciates it more than most. she was just suggesting another idea in case someone wanted to format their tribute in a different approach. she wasn't going against it or stopping anyone else here from adding their piece to the puzzle in the more 'traditional' way. people just jumped on her back for no reason due to miscommunication (how anyone misunderstood her is beyond me but anyway)......anyway anyway anyway

"sometimes I go about in pity for myself,
and all the while a great wind is bearing me across the sky...
"

I wanna keep you here laying next to me
sharin our love between the sheets

起死回生

#32 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

Sorry I'm a bit thick today, but I'm not quite sure why there is an argument here or what the problem is?

Anyway... @Miss Mermaid - last year's tributes were absolutely amazing! I'm sure everyone here who contributed is really grateful to you for printing them all off and bringing them to the house, you did a fantastic job. And Amy's family were grateful as well, I'm sure you remember how touched they were looking at them and reading them, and that they took some of them with them.

I haven't been there for some time now, are people still going to the Camden Square house and leaving notes or flowers occasionally? My only concern is that now the place has been sold and a gravestone has been erected for Amy, maybe the cemetary would be a more appropriate place to leave our tributes? I'm not sure Amy's family will be visiting the house again this year as they don't own it anymore, while they are sure to visit her grave at some point.

Either way, I feel it's important we do something to commemorate her again next month as well as on her birthday, and if you are willing to deliver tributes from the forum as a group and from people individually who can't make it there, that would be really great.

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#33 Eva

Eva

Banned Bitch!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

Sorry I'm a bit thick today, but I'm not quite sure why there is an argument here or what the problem is?

this comment was, for some reason or other, blown out of proportion by a couple members here

Hmm, I was thinking we could do something different this year... last year was lovely though, and if people want to contribute, that's cool. If you noticed @v_melnik is also doing a book collection of fan art.

Do you think they'll be going to the house again

I have no idea what the problem was either, seems like senseless bashing to me. specially since miss mermaid was cool with leavin a book and the tributes. people assumed allisost meant to just leave the book there as the tribute and axe personal fan tributes altogether. read and think before u post, peeps

Edited by Eva, 29 June 2013 - 04:14 PM.

"

起死回生

#34 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

my baaad but not really. tributes galore, please! I guess miss mermaid can handle the ones for July 23, and beehive for Sept 14? I dunno..

Edited by allisost, 29 June 2013 - 06:27 PM.

#35 CreativeAmyCanuckerGal

CreativeAmyCanuckerGal

" I said No, No, No "

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:50 AM

Hi...I'm up for contributing...it was fun to do and I loved seeing the pix of the tributes .....♥ I'll get my brain into AmyPoetic Mode :)

#36 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

So... the 23rd is next week, and there seem to be no concrete plans for a tribute from the forum? I think that's regrettable. @Miss Mermaid hasn't been on here since her last post in this thread, so I doubt she can still collect people's tributes and bring them to the house or the cemetary. I know many forum members, especially those from overseas who are unlikely to (ever) make it to London, had wanted to be able to leave tributes again this year.

For those of you who don't remember or who weren't here a year ago, here's the thread about last year's tributes, with many photos and videos: http://www.amywineho...es-at-the-house. This year, nothing?

I would love to say I can collect tributes from people and deliver them personally, but I can't. The best I can do is make a card on behalf of the forum for Amy's parents and post it to the Foundation. Will anyone from the forum be in London next tuesday, and if so are you planning to visit the house and/or cemetery and do something? Come on guys, let's show people we still care!

PS This thread got a bit out of hand before. I realise this may be based on misunderstandings, but can we all remember that this is a difficult time of the year for many of us, so let's be extra mindful of each other's feelings. Please refrain from arguing.

Edited by Cecilia, 15 July 2013 - 06:19 PM.

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#37 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

we did a darn good job in turning down @Miss Mermaid and her offer for this year
now what?

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#38 Eva

Eva

Banned Bitch!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

^what is ur problem for real. no one turned down anything. new ideas were suggested along with keeping things traditional. peeps were critical in this thread and made something out of nothing. u are right in using 'we' because u were one of the people who seemed to burst out at nothing like a woman with a virginia ham under her arm crying the blues because she has no bread. mermaid was cool with new suggestions. people made a big deal out of nothing

"

起死回生

#39 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

^Lol it's okay girl. I need to word stuff better next time.

But I think someone has to offer to do something before we know what that is... I think her memorial would be the most appropriate place though, at least for the 23rd.

Edited by allisost, 15 July 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#40 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

I brought this thread up because I wanted us to focus on things we can do next week to celebrate Amy, not to rehash an old argument. I thought I made that pretty clear. Can we please try to come up with something positive here and put the rest behind us?

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#41 Eva

Eva

Banned Bitch!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

trueskis, im sorry cecilia. ill be muy bueno.

"

起死回生

#42 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

^what is ur problem for real. no one turned down anything. new ideas were suggested along with keeping things traditional. peeps were critical in this thread and made something out of nothing. u are right in using 'we' because u were one of the people who seemed to burst out at nothing like a woman with a virginia ham under her arm crying the blues because she has no bread. mermaid was cool with new suggestions. people made a big deal out of nothing

no problem here. my tits are calm.

now what?

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

I brought this thread up because I wanted us to focus on things we can do next week to celebrate Amy, not to rehash an old argument. I thought I made that pretty clear. Can we please try to come up with something positive here and put the rest behind us?

exactly!

i say now what ... and people just want to keep going and blame me.

ok, i take the blame, but i wanted miss mermaid to do it.
other people turned her off. jus sayin.

we wont get any where with tits like this!

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#43 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

like a woman with a virginia ham under her arm crying the blues because she has no bread.

Hahaha idk what is going on here but brilliant.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#44 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Hahaha idk what is going on here but brilliant.

i know right?
have to say, [MENTION=3088]badfish[/MENTION] had me at virginia! i was laughing, i could see myself :peaceful:

Posted Image

- Anais Nin 

#45 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

Soooo... Now we can all laugh about it and get along, can we try to get some ideas going? I'll get us started

- Like I said, I can send a card to Amy's family (c/o the Foundation) on behalf of all of us here. Do people want this?

- I'm not on Twitter myself, but I know all the kids (and everyone else) are these days, so maybe we can get something trending on the 23rd, for example #RememberingAmyWinehouse (feel free to come up with a better suggestion). Everybody could also post something Amy-related on their facebook.

- Any members who will be in London, do you want to arrange a meet-up between yourselves? And is anyone willing to take some sort of tribute on behalf of forum members to the cemetery or anywhere? If so, can we think of what kind of thing we want?

What do you guys think?

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users