104 replies to this topic

#46 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

Soooo... Now we can all laugh about it and get along, can we try to get some ideas going? I'll get us started

- Like I said, I can send a card to Amy's family (c/o the Foundation) on behalf of all of us here. Do people want this?

- I'm not on Twitter myself, but I know all the kids (and everyone else) are these days, so maybe we can get something trending on the 23rd, for example #RememberingAmyWinehouse (feel free to come up with a better suggestion). Everybody could also post something Amy-related on their facebook.

- Any members who will be in London, do you want to arrange a meet-up between yourselves? And is anyone willing to take some sort of tribute on behalf of forum members to the cemetery or anywhere? If so, can we think of what kind of thing we want?

What do you guys think?

I think all three are great ideas, especially the card. It might be a bit late but we could design the image etc ourselves or even put a decent painting or drawing of her on the front? Just an idea.

And the virginia ham thing is one of the best things I've ever read on this forum haha.

#47 CreativeAmyCanuckerGal

CreativeAmyCanuckerGal

" I said No, No, No "

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:03 AM

Oh, am I too late in putting in a tribute poem ?!...whoever is in charge PM me yer email and I'll send it off tomorrow ( Tues ) . Thanks :)

#48 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:55 AM

If anybody has a tribute/letter/etc left at her Camden Square house for her birthday this year please PM me and tell me if you want them laminated for other people to read or simply left there quietly.

#49 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

***Quick Update***

Right, I have literally *just* found out that I MAY be able to make it to London on Monday the 22nd! I will not be able to get to the cemetery as it is completely out of my way, BUT if any of you have any tribute poems or letters to commemorate Amy's passing you would like to be taken to her old house on Camden Square, I will do my best to make it there and attach them to the tree opposite the house. Unfortunately my printer is broken so the only thing I can do is write your messages out on paper, so I can't accept pictures. I cannot guarantee 100% that I will be able to get there and I cannot guarantee that they will still be there on the 23rd as people might remove them, but that's the best I can offer as no one else has come forward.

If you have any message you would like me to deliver, please send it to me in a Private Message before sunday 21 july at 5pm BST. I will send you a confirmation PM when I have received your message.

I know this is far from ideal, so if someone else will be going on tuesday instead and can take tributes then, please let us know asap!

Thank you [MENTION=3199]BeehiveQueen[/MENTION] for your offer to take tributes on Amy's birthday as well, you are a star!

I am also preparing a card for Amy's family on behalf of all of us which I will send to the Foundation by the end of this week so it should arrive by tuesday.

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#50 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

Thanks Cee :)
What a shame that I messed everything up.

Edited by allisost, 18 July 2013 - 06:34 PM.

#51 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

^Let's not put blame on any one person. The thread derailed, what's done's done. Better to focus on what we can do to remember Amy now. No need for arguments, we're all here because we love Amy!

So, new ideas for ways to pay tribute to Amy next week are still welcome!

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#52 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:34 AM

Here's a picture of the card I made for Amy's family. It's drawn by hand and not too great, but it's all I could manage. It's the thought that counts right? I'm posting it this afternoon.

Posted Image

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#53 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

Ahh I really like it :)

#54 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

That's great [MENTION=1624]Cecilia[/MENTION] :)

#55 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

I wish I could draw like this! It's beautiful!!!
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#56 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

thank you so much [MENTION=1624]Cecilia[/MENTION]! it's beautiful! :heart:

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#57 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

Thank you everybody! The card has been posted, so let's hope they get it :) I wrote on behalf of everybody on the forum that our thoughts are with them all and that we continue to be inspired by Amy every day. @CreativeAmyCanuckerGal kindly contributed one of her poems which I enclosed in the card.

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#58 MrsM

MrsM

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

Its great! cecila.

#59 Jade Logic

Jade Logic

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

Thank you so much, Cecilia. It's beautiful. :)
:heart: Jade Logic :heart:

#60 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

Just left Camden. I pinned your tributes to one of the trees opposite the house. I will post more details and pictures when I get home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users