http://www.contactmu...ovation_4798301

#588 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:43 PM

I live in Brighton and next Tuesday at my local Picturehouse, they're going to broadcast the London premiere, Q&A with Kapadia, plus the documentary and - apparently - some extra footage. I'm going of course, but I know I'll be a wreck when I see it. Even the trailer still makes me cry...

• melnyk, WhoDat and Poom like this
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#589 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:44 PM

I live in Brighton and next Tuesday at my local Picturehouse, they're going to broadcast the London premiere, Q&A with Kapadia, plus the documentary and - apparently - some extra footage. I'm going of course, but I know I'll be a wreck when I see it. Even the trailer still makes me cry...

I'm off to a similar screening in Leeds on Tues. Wasn't sure exactly what to expect because my cinema's site was pretty vague and just mentioned the film and the Q&A but that sounds pretty cool.

• Tara likes this

#590 Poom

Poom

My Own Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:01 PM

You guys are so lucky! I'll only get to see it in the cinema on August 6th.

#591 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:36 PM

Reading in Billboard mag that some bloke called Joseph, some Island/universal executive, I think, has destroyed 14 new song demos. Fucking unbelievable, he doesn't believe that anybody should listen to unfinished work, apparently whilst not on his watch, so there. He destroyed them, just deleted them, he has also said that Lioness hidden treasures will be the last Album to be put out, so no more music from Amy guys, and there for No soundtrack album for the Amy film. FUCKER!!!!  

• inwinoveritas and Mizzwanned like this

#592 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:50 PM

Reading in Billboard mag that some bloke called Joseph, some Island/universal executive, I think, has destroyed 14 new song demos. Fucking unbelievable, he doesn't believe that anybody should listen to unfinished work, apparently whilst not on his watch, so there. He destroyed them, just deleted them, he has also said that Lioness hidden treasures will be the last Album to be put out, so no more music from Amy guys, and there for No soundtrack album for the Amy film. FUCKER!!!!

This better not be true!

• inwinoveritas, Mizzwanned and King Marty like this

#593 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:02 PM

I hope that is a joke. And Mitch didn't even care??!! For fucks sake, just because you don't release them does not mean you have to delete them!

• inwinoveritas and King Marty like this

#594 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:21 PM

It's pretty shitty if true. At least they're not the original versions deleted; I'd imagine Salaam/Mark/whoever else she may have possibly worked with would have the master recordings. It's unfortunate but I doubt we will get anything in the foreseeable future, I reckon it's gonna take a fair few years for anything more to surface and for anyone at the label's position to change.

• King Marty likes this

#595 Mizzwanned

Mizzwanned

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:43 AM

What a DICK
  • King Marty likes this

#596 inwinoveritas

inwinoveritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:50 AM

what a douchebag, he is like a dumb high school bully, who does he think, he is, i'm speechless.

• King Marty likes this

#597 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:05 AM

I live in Brighton and next Tuesday at my local Picturehouse, they're going to broadcast the London premiere, Q&A with Kapadia, plus the documentary and - apparently - some extra footage. I'm going of course, but I know I'll be a wreck when I see it.

I'm off to a similar screening in Leeds on Tues. Wasn't sure exactly what to expect because my cinema's site was pretty vague and just mentioned the film and the Q&A but that sounds pretty cool.

Please ask Asif Kapadia if a soundtrack to the documentary will be released.

• King Marty likes this

#598 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:16 AM

Asif Kapadia on Amy : 'The drinking, the bulimia, the drugs - nobody stopped it' http://www.theguardi...y-winehouse-doc

• dykehaze, King Marty and Poom like this

#599 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:38 PM

Is there another source to verify this? 

• King Marty likes this

#600 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:45 PM

The article is here http://www.billboard...-remi-addiction

Remi gave the filmmakers a recording of Wine­house reciting the lyrics to an unreleased song called “You Always Hurt the Ones You Love”; it’s evidence that her songwriting talent endured. She had talked about starting a jazz/hip-hop project with Questlove, Raphael Saadiq and Mos Def, perhaps as a way of sidestepping the ­pressure to match Back to Black. But she also had a third album mapped out, and studio time booked with Ronson and Remi for later in 2011.

“She probably finished the writing ­process a few weeks before she passed,” says Remi, who was en route to her house when he got a call saying she had died. “As far as I could see, we had 14 songs. Whatever needed to happen, it was right there.”

But Universal will never release any of the demos, because Joseph destroyed them. “It was a moral thing,” he says. “Taking a stem or a vocal is not ­something that would ever happen on my watch. It now can’t happen on anyone else’s.” It’s likely that the 2011 outtakes collection Lioness will remain Winehouse’s final release: a fragmented coda to an abbreviated life.

• pearljo, Uno and King Marty like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannes, doc, documentary, film, movie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users