Amy Winehouse Movie

cannes doc documentary film movie

• Please log in to reply
1324 replies to this topic

#601 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:28 PM

I would love to read the lyrics to the 14 songs.

#602 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:48 PM

I would love to listen to the 14 songs
  • pearljo likes this

#603 aleWinehouse

aleWinehouse

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNatal - Brazil

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:32 PM

The article is here http://www.billboard...-remi-addiction

Remi gave the filmmakers a recording of Wine­house reciting the lyrics to an unreleased song called “You Always Hurt the Ones You Love”; it’s evidence that her songwriting talent endured. She had talked about starting a jazz/hip-hop project with Questlove, Raphael Saadiq and Mos Def, perhaps as a way of sidestepping the ­pressure to match Back to Black. But she also had a third album mapped out, and studio time booked with Ronson and Remi for later in 2011.

“She probably finished the writing ­process a few weeks before she passed,” says Remi, who was en route to her house when he got a call saying she had died. “As far as I could see, we had 14 songs. Whatever needed to happen, it was right there.”

But Universal will never release any of the demos, because Joseph destroyed them. “It was a moral thing,” he says. “Taking a stem or a vocal is not ­something that would ever happen on my watch. It now can’t happen on anyone else’s.” It’s likely that the 2011 outtakes collection Lioness will remain Winehouse’s final release: a fragmented coda to an abbreviated life.

I do not believe that destroyed the demos! This is pure lie! 😕
  • Birdieava and King Marty like this

...I Go Back To Us... :amy_oops:

#604 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:44 PM

I would love to listen to the 14 songs

So would I, but David Joseph has apparently made sure there's no chance of that happening.

#605 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:20 PM

Is there another source to verify this?

I have contacted Universal Music for comment.
  • pearljo, Birdieava and King Marty like this

#606 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:32 PM

Anyway, who the hell is Joseph? Who gave this man the right to go and do such a thing? What moral right does he have? This is an absolutely unbelievable statement, surely nobody as the rights to do such acts. Let's just see Chris, what universal have to say in their reply, if they say anything at all.
  • inwinoveritas likes this

#607 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location🇺🇦 Ukraine 🇺🇦

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:39 PM

I believe that's not true.

Nobody would just DELETE stuff. Especially if the stuff belongs to legend's legacy. If that guy ever exists (btw, does he ever have some lastname?), he definitely keeps some copy in his archive, maybe he even has some idea what to do with that later

• Birdieava, Ace of Hearts, WhoDat and 3 others like this

V.Melnyk

#608 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:46 PM

It's pretty shitty if true. At least they're not the original versions deleted; I'd imagine Salaam/Mark/whoever else she may have possibly worked with would have the master recordings.

I hope you're right.

#609 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:00 PM

I think an producer from the Frank era that is not Salaam had about 5 almost done demos. 

#610 inwinoveritas

inwinoveritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:32 PM

i don't know, wwho Joseph is, but if these rumors are true, this guy really doesn't act like a record company guy, he acts like somebody, who doesn't know, what he should be doing and wwho just wants to destroy something, cause obviously, he doen't get the meaning and the iimportance of Music and arts, does he??

• King Marty likes this

#611 dionthéoda_

dionthéoda_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:03 PM

I heard so many things about this documentary :mellow: but whatever. I look forward to see  ^_^

#612 amy_addicted

amy_addicted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:58 PM

• pearljo, Sassy, King Marty and 1 other like this

#613 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:07 PM

Asked Janis on Twitter how she feels about it.

#614 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 28 June 2015 - 10:40 PM

She does not know anything about it. Pretty crazy that she didn't have a say in it.

#615 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:26 AM

i don't believe it for one second, you're telling me that in todays age where music labels try to milk out as much money as they can, someone would go and delete amy's demo? someone who can generate millions of dollars for them? no way.

• Ace of Hearts likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannes, doc, documentary, film, movie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users