1324 replies to this topic

#91 Amy Movie

Amy Movie

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

Thanks [MENTION=3013]TBR[/MENTION]! We'll follow up on that.
[MENTION=2657]catpuss[/MENTION] Your words are very right and there are indeed a few people who will need to see the film before it's released, but everyone is aware that we are making a very truthful film.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=2407]Birdieava[/MENTION] We wouldn't want it any other way either and that's why it's taking so long... We are planning a trip to LA in March.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=8018]King Marty[/MENTION] We are not going to be ready for Cannes this year - there's so much more to the story than we thought and we want it to be right. So hold in there!

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like it is due to release as per the IMDB website in the Netherlands July 2014..
Perhaps they will time the release in UK with her birthday? Seems fitting........

@AmyMovie If it's releases in September in London I will be there visiting from Los Angeles.

IMDB is wrong - the film is not due to be released in July. I'll sure let you guys know when we have a date.

#92 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

Your not ready for Cannes this year? Lord, I hope that's not meaning next year? hahahahaha So glad this film Is to be a very truthful Interpretation, the only way to tell a life story. Any news or musings on the films soundtrack? now that would make a few people around here....smile.

#93 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:13 AM

Hi @Amy Movie
Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress with the documentary :)

I recently ran across another rare appearance by Amy that you may be interested in ...

While Amy was in the Netherlands for the Rotterdam Import Festival (World Port Jazz Festival), Thijs Mantel (Senior Product Manager for Universal Music Netherlands) had asked her to perform the following day (June 20, 2004) at a (moderately popular) summer festival that was being promoted by MTV. The show was called the Solstice Festival and was at Haarlemmermeer Pavilion Park in Hoofddorp, Netherlands.

While giving an interview he recalled, "I had persuaded her to perform at a festival of MTV, where very few people were coming. There she stood: our great new talent, in a tent in the Haarlemmermeer, for only twenty men. I could sink through the floor - my fault. But surprisingly she did not mind. It did not matter to her, a capacity crowd at the North Sea Jazz or twenty men in a tent."
http://www.vn.nl/Sta...y-Winehouse.htm

This would be the same day that Amy also went to Hilversum and was a guest on the radio show 'That's Live BNN' with presenter Eric Corton which was aired on 3FM Serious Radio. While there, she also took part in the 'De Ken Jezelf Quiz' (The Know Yourself Quiz) which was recorded and aired along with her interview.

The only other info I could come up with about this Solstice Festival is the listing on this page ...
http://www.artistgui...arty.p?id=15769

Edited by Uno, 26 February 2014 - 08:27 AM.

• LaPeep likes this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#94 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location🇺🇦 Ukraine 🇺🇦

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:30 PM

Hi, guys!

Does anyone know any news about the movie?

• Muchloveria and Yousaymyname like this

V.Melnyk

#95 DeeDaw

DeeDaw

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

Is this still going ahead???? They have gone very very quiet :(

#96 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

I've been wondering too... There have been no updates here since February and the Facebook page has gone quiet as well. I'm hoping the reason is that they're working too hard on the film to keep us updated all the time, but it would be nice to hear something. I think I speak for most people here when I say we're pretty excited about this project, so please tell us everything is still on track!

• Muchloveria and ancre like this

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#97 DARE TO BE D

DARE TO BE D

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

I Was feeling the same way.. something just doesnt seem right .. we have waited for news and got nothing ..V asked about in May..

sort of disappointing to think that when they asked for help /info we all responded ..Now we just want an update and cant get it ... :(  

• ancre likes this

#98 Muchloveria

Muchloveria

...or bouffant on it's curl...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:52 AM

I hope something is said soon we as fans need this! I feel we all never got closure after her sudden death, lionness hidden treasures only made the wound bigger for me. Maybe we can ask Mitch. I've asked Amy's friends but the ones who replied said they haven't heard anything...

• Cecilia likes this
tumblr_lfcaafF1LO1qc41muo1_500.giftumblr_ld3ynhqfW91qabdjm.gif
"...behavioral patterns that stick over the years..."

amyjademermaid.tumblr.com

#99 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

Amy"s mom said recently on twitter that it had all gone quiet about the movie... So they don"t even know
  • Cecilia likes this

#100 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:53 PM

I hope it gets released in September....seems fitting.

• Cecilia likes this

#101 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:06 PM

I wouldn't get too worried about this just yet. Movies take time and just because they aren't filling us in on every step of the process doesn't mean that nothing is happening. I'm still excited about it.
  • Cecilia and HelloSailor like this
"They laughed when I said I was going to become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

#102 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

Maybe it's a good sign. They might be in that mad crazy editing phase where they don't even have time to come on the forum...

#103 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:20 PM

The film isn't even due to be released until next year anyway. Loads of time yet.
"They laughed when I said I was going to become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

#104 DeeDaw

DeeDaw

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

This just posted on their FB page:   "Just a quick note to say we are still editing the film. Post production should start in the near future. It's looking good! x"

• Muchloveria, Cecilia, melnyk and 1 other like this

#105 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

This just posted on their FB page:   "Just a quick note to say we are still editing the film. Post production should start in the near future. It's looking good! x"

Great news! Glad to know everything's still on track :amy_happy:

• Muchloveria likes this

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannes, doc, documentary, film, movie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users