1324 replies to this topic

#76 Amy Movie

Amy Movie

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

Just curious as to when the movie is coming out .. I know its 2014 and now that were so close i was wondering will be it be in the first
6 months of the year ??? do you have date yet????

Thanks for the question. Unfortunately we don't have a release date yet but it won't be in the first 6 months of the year. We find new things and leads everyday and we want to be sure we have seen every bit of existing archive and have spoken to all the key people before we can finish it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions guys. We are taking it all into account.

Happy New Year by the way, this will be a promising year!
  • Dannybkn likes this

#77 DARE TO BE D

DARE TO BE D

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

thanks for letting me know.. Happy New Year to you 2!
Cheers!

#78 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:06 AM

[MENTION=7805]Amy Movie[/MENTION]

I ran across a few more rare appearances that Amy did back in 2004 & 2005 and posted them in other places on the forum. Just wanted to make sure that you saw them ...

Athens 2004 Olympics Ball at the Battersea Park Marque

http://www.amywineho...ll=1#post210089

This took place on June 23, 2004. BBC recorded it and the audio was aired on the Radio 2 Jeremy Vine show on July 24, 2004
https://web.archive....ts/olympicball/

Logistik Events put the event/show together and from reading this article, a post-event DVD was supposedly produced by Logistik Vision, the company's video production department. http://www.lsionline...04-Ball/-J6SWEA . I haven't been able to find any mention of this DVD being made available anywhere, but I would assume that they do have some footage of her from what they said in the article.

Also

Motown Revival show in Skiathos, Greece in the summer of 2005 ...

http://www.amywineho...ll=1#post209986

There is a person who was there that night and posted a snippet of another band that was playing on YouTube. He/she may possibly have some footage of Amy too.
h t t p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u_XmcW6mi8

Howard Sounes mentioned this gig in his book. He also said that Patrick Alan, who Amy knew thru the '10 Room' shows, lined up the gig for Amy. I haven't been able to figure out the exact date for this, but from what little I could find on the web, I think that the Drifters (or a new version of them) also played at this show and it took place during the first week of July. Patrick Alan spent some time playing with the Drifters. I found an old forum post (dated 13 Jul 2005) where someone mentioned seeing the Drifters play in Skiathos a week earlier and they were advertising Skiathos the as the `Motown Island'. http://spectropop.co...igest/d1995.htm

I found that photo of Amy in Skiathos in the gallery for Total Eclipse Lighting (UK), http://totaleclipsel...uk/gallery.html
They might possibly have some video shots.

Can't wait for your doc/movie to finally be finished, soooooooo excited about this !
  • Gus×Wino likes this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#79 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

Hi [MENTION=7805]Amy Movie[/MENTION], I noticed you were asking about her Joe's Pub shows in another thread. I stumbled onto this a while ago:

http://inklines.blog...-something.html

It's Joe's Pub's resident artist's experience with watching/drawing Amy during soundcheck. I dunno if that's anything you could follow up for the film or anything.

#80 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:40 PM

Really looking forward to the movie.

Amy movie .. Will you be showing to the family before release????just wondering .... Making the movie must be a really difficult as not to disrespect Amy"s memory and hurt the family but also be truthful and show the real Amy warts and all.

#81 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

we are sooo looking forward to seeing the movie! to me, it's very important that amy is shown exactly as the human being that she was, with her talents, her weaknesses, her wittiness, her dreams and desires ... any less and i would be disappointed in terms of material, you know? amy wouldn't have it any other way, no sugar coating.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=7805]Amy Movie[/MENTION] ... by the way, how is it going in Los Angeles?!! we would love to have an update please! :topsyturvy: hope everything is going great.

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#82 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:51 PM

Shouldn't It be ready for the canne festival screening? would that be May? there should be some buzz around about that time.

- - - Updated - - -

....bloody hell, just thought, will there be some kind of special screening for fans In London? now wouldn't that be great If we could all get to come down to some kind of Premier? you know, get all the fans involved...In some way. That very special screening would be all so very special, know what I mean guys????? COME ON, lets all get behind this.

#83 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:22 AM

- - - Updated - - -

....bloody hell, just thought, will there be some kind of special screening for fans In London? now wouldn't that be great If we could all get to come down to some kind of Premier? you know, get all the fans involved...In some way. That very special screening would be all so very special, know what I mean guys????? COME ON, lets all get behind this.

rightly so. of course if something like this happened and amys fans were included and invited for a special screening of the movie in london, we would dream to go! im keeping my fingers crossed. :eagerness:

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#84 Bogart

Bogart

María

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

So excited!!! it's so beautiful to know that someone's working on the movie/documentary she deserves. made up with the professionalism the subject needs to be.

AMY WINEHOUSE DEVOTEE

#85 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:08 PM

Lets ALL go and tweet Mitch and the foundation about the special fan Movie event. What do you all say? Agree?

#86 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:25 PM

Lets ALL go and tweet Mitch and the foundation about the special fan Movie event. What do you all say? Agree?

_
/.)
/)\|
// /
/'" "i agree. twitter is the way to reach them, for sure.
but, what exactly are we saying? what are we asking for? hashtags?
i am not clear on what to write. please give some ideas.

- Anais Nin 

#87 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:30 PM

Sorry sweetie, what I'm trying to get across Is this, I believe that Mitch and the foundation should put on some kind of special charity based screening of the forthcoming Amy movie, targeted at the fans. It will be a charity event and all fans will be given the opportunity to obtain a ticket for the screening, all proceeds go to the foundation. There could even be some special venue for the screening, like In Camden. SO, all you need to do Is simply campaign for this fundraising event to take place, it's easy love and In your own words just tweet the right people with this message. Ask them for this event to take place.

#88 Yousaymyname

Yousaymyname

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:12 AM

If this screening for fans is going to happen, I need to renew my passport!
:)

#89 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:07 AM

It looks like it is due to release as per the IMDB website in the Netherlands July 2014..
Perhaps they will time the release in UK with her birthday? Seems fitting........

@AmyMovie If it's releases in September in London I will be there visiting from Los Angeles.

#90 Matintodriguez

Matintodriguez

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:23 PM

I would like to listen some kind of inedit music,I mean home sessions or unfinished songs I dont care But I need listen sth. new from my angel! At least 30 sec! ahhahaha

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannes, doc, documentary, film, movie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users