1324 replies to this topic

#46 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

Thanks @Uno!! Again, this is great and we'll def try to track down any footage of these events. You are being so helpful!

Has anyone ever seen any footage of Amy singing with the National Youth Jazz Orchestra? It It seems like some audio exist, but we'd really like to see video recordings. Any clues will be much appreciated!

Unfortunately, we only have a few photos (you've probably seen them, but I'll dig them up in a sec). Mitch has the only NYJO audio as far as I'm aware and I'm under the impression he probably won't release it outside the family from interviews with him.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
  • larahd4 likes this

#47 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:41 AM

A few more NYJO photos ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Amy sang 5 songs with the NYJO. Her first ever recording 'The Nearness of You' in June and then in July she sang the other four songs at Rayners Hotel. From the various news articles that I've read, I'm unsure of who actually owns the rights to these songs. From what I gather, Mitch has Amy's copies and Bill Ashston has the NYJO copies. A week after Amy passed, an article came out in the Times about Bill Ashton thinking about releasing them to help fund the NYJO, the last line of the article said 'The orchestra will decide whether to release the tracks next week. It hopes to offer excerpts via thetimes.co.uk.' I've never seen a follow-up to this article. In the meantime, Mitch has also mentioned having the songs. Other articles talk of her learning the four Rayners Hotel songs, at the last minute, while riding the Tube to get there, so it sounds like family might not have been there to take video of her, or she probably would have gotten a ride (just a thought on my part). As [MENTION=3013]TBR[/MENTION] mentioned above, no video has been on the web, but Bill Ashton (musical director of NYJO) would be the person who would most likely know if any footage was ever taken.

Winehouse’s first gig could repay youth jazz charity
http://www.thetimes....icle3110216.ece

The text of that article has been archived on the Times site, but luckily some nice person posted it elsewhere on the web (it's about half-way down the page) ...
http://www.iorr.org/...1452918,page=12

Also, [MENTION=7805]Amy Movie[/MENTION] ...

Did you by chance see this list (PDF file on Sendspace)? It has quite a few of Amy's videos and audios that most of us have never heard or seen before. Alot of them were either streamed or released on the web when they first aired but the links are dead now. The stations that aired them still might have copies.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/toa95q
  • larahd4 likes this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#48 Amy Movie

Amy Movie

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

Thanks again! All very very helpful!

I just wanted to share with you all that we had an internal screening last week - 90 minutes of the first part of the film alone! It was better than what we expected at this stage. We've got lots of unseen footage that I'm sure you will all love it. Amy comes across being so funny and full of life and of course really talented. Now Asif Kapadia and Chris King have the tough task of reducing 90 minutes to 30! I can't wait to see the second and third parts of the film. I'll keep you posted. x
  • larahd4 likes this

#49 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

I just wanted to share with you all that we had an internal screening last week - 90 minutes of the first part of the film alone! It was better than what we expected at this stage. We've got lots of unseen footage that I'm sure you will all love it. Amy comes across being so funny and full of life and of course really talented. Now Asif Kapadia and Chris King have the tough task of reducing 90 minutes to 30! I can't wait to see the second and third parts of the film. I'll keep you posted. x

Keeping it looooooong would be good! lol
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#50 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

It's so nice of you to keep us posted! Really looking forward to the movie.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#51 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

This sounds like it is going to be really good, not one of those documentaries that are thrown together by TV stations rehashing the same stuff we've seen a hundred times before. Thanks for keeping us in the loop [MENTION=7805]Amy Movie[/MENTION]! I'm really looking forward to seeing the film. And if there's any way we can get to see all the bits you have to cut out as well, that would be even better ;-)

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#52 Mieke Verberkt

Mieke Verberkt

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

Is there coming an Amy movie?

#53 Uno

Uno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

[MENTION=7805]Amy Movie[/MENTION]

Not sure if this is something you'd be interested in or not. I just ran across this online list (Excel spreadsheet) called "Concert Events Available For Distribution" at PRS for Music (http://www.prsformusic.com), a music licensing site. They have 2 listings for Amy, the first is for her St. Davids Hall gig in Cardiff July 3, 2005, and the second is for her Bristol Academy gig on June 21, 2007. I didn't see any other info about what exactly the listings were for, like if they were single clips, full footage, or audio. There's already about 5 or so clips on Youtube of the Bristol show where some look like they may have been pro shot and may be the same as what is listed. As for her 2005 St. Davids Hall gig in Cardiff, I don't think there's ever been any clips of that show posted anywhere.

The link to the Excel file is here ...
http://www.prsformus... at 2009071.xls

The spreadsheet has 3 tabs and opens on the Theatrical tab, you have to switch to the Popular Music Concerts tab to see the listings for Amy, on rows 1602 & 1603.

It would sure be great to see some 2005 Amy stuff :)

And I second what [MENTION=329]suestev07[/MENTION] said above 'Keeping it looooooong would be good!', yeah, very, very looooooong
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#54 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

If anyone in the UK is interested, 'Senna' which is made by the same people making Amy's movie is on ITV starting right now. It's also incredibly well done, and I found it pretty interesting the first time round even though I have no interest in F1 so worth a watch.

#55 Amy Movie

Amy Movie

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

Our team was in New York interviewing a few people. Here is some images from inside Republic Records - Amy is a big part of it!

Attached Files

• catpuss likes this

#56 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

[MENTION=7805]Amy Movie[/MENTION] Where are you guys editing this from, US or UK?

#57 Amy Movie

Amy Movie

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

[MENTION=3199]BeehiveQueen[/MENTION] We are based in the UK.

#58 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:30 AM

Cool, alright. Cheers! You've got big Amy support here in Los Angeles. We're all excited to see it when it come out. Expect a gang of beehives opening night!

#59 Amy Movie

Amy Movie

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

That's good to know! We are planning to come to LA early next year to interview/meet some people.

At the moment, we are researching and looking for material of Amy's American tour - not on stage, but more backstage material or with fans (or fans at a gig talking about Amy). So we are welcoming material - send us a note on amywinehousemovie@gmail.com

:)

#60 Uno

Uno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:24 AM

That's good to know! We are planning to come to LA early next year to interview/meet some people.

At the moment, we are researching and looking for material of Amy's American tour - not on stage, but more backstage material or with fans (or fans at a gig talking about Amy). So we are welcoming material - send us a note on amywinehousemovie@gmail.com

:)

Coachella Festival has it's own forum, there still might be members there that were at the festival in 2007 when Amy was there. Might be worth a try posting there...
http://www.coachella.com/forum/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannes, doc, documentary, film, movie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users