Photo
- - - - -

Do you think was forced to perform @ Belgrade's concert?

amy winehouse belgrade show

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:08 PM

I decided to post a thread that needs a lot of discussion. I STRONGLY believe that Amy was forced to perform in Belgrade.

Posted Image

#2 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:33 PM

I wouldn't say she was forced to perform, but I do know that nobody had the common sense to get her out of there during the show. Instead, they all let her make a complete fool of herself. Talk about good management. I'm still pissed off about this show and tour.

#3 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:49 PM

Definently. Why would they make this up?

"Anna Joe Kida, a member of Zemlja Gruva has claimed that Amy Winehouse tried to leave the stage area before she was forced to perform in front of the baying crowd. The band who played alongside Amy Winehouse at the city's Kalemegdan Park says that Winehouse did try to leave the arena but was physically thrown onto stage. Anna Joe Kida has said: Four British bodyguards simply pushed her to step up on stage. She did not want to and was making a scene trying to escape them. It was distressing to see, she obviously needed help.""

#4 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

I don't know if she was forced, but I believe she found it very, very difficult to play in front of huge crowds, and I think she was probably dreading it a little bit. I think she was incredibly self-conscious, and needed a 'prop' (drink, or whatever) to help her go on stage at these large venues.

She was probably nervous as hell. If she was taking some prescription meds, for nerves or whatever (as I think she did at Belgrade), then who the hell let her have a drink, too? No wonder she was having a hard time remembering the words; you can't mix valium and alcohol - you'll forget your own name. If that's what happened - it's just a guess.

She was a lounge singer at heart, and I think probably the largest venue that she may have felt comfortable in was Shepherd's Bush or Somerset House. She seemed to love festivals, however - perhaps because of the informal atmosphere.

I would love to have seen some footage of her performance at the 100 Club for family and friends. I think it was shortly before Belgrade. By all accounts, she sounded pretty good.

It really saddens me that Belgrade was her final concert. She was so much better than that.
"I've got hair like them"

#5 lolainas

lolainas

Never Clip My Wings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:52 PM

Definently. Why would they make this up?

"Anna Joe Kida, a member of Zemlja Gruva has claimed that Amy Winehouse tried to leave the stage area before she was forced to perform in front of the baying crowd. The band who played alongside Amy Winehouse at the city's Kalemegdan Park says that Winehouse did try to leave the arena but was physically thrown onto stage. Anna Joe Kida has said: Four British bodyguards simply pushed her to step up on stage. She did not want to and was making a scene trying to escape them. It was distressing to see, she obviously needed help.""

I can't believe this. Assholes.

.why dont you come on over, Valerie?

"It's not important to me to make other people at ease. I am difficult, but that's because I don’t really give a fuck."

#6 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:41 PM

I can't believe she was forced... I mean this girl didn't give a fuck about anything. The picture indicates that... she was beaten? We 'll never know but she just does not look like the girl that would be forced to do something she doesn't want to (job related).

What really makes me angry is the fact that they didn't immediately take her off the stage. As catouplik said all that was needed was common sense.

60do5Ti.jpg

#7 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:50 PM

Amy Winehouse: Moby Remembers Her Final Performance

From the article:

"The moment I got out of the car, I knew something was wrong," Moby tells The Hollywood Reporter from a stop in Rome on Sunday (July 24) night. "From backstage, I could hear the audience booing louder than the music."

Making his way to the side of the stage while Winehouse was already on, Moby took in the troubling sight. "Amy was just standing there, swaying back and forth and mumbling occasionally," he recalls. "The band were playing quietly and looking uncomfortable and the audience was looking on in disbelief." He, too, could not believe his eyes.

"She was on stage for about 30 minutes, then she left and was lying down on a flight case backstage surrounded by some people," Moby continues. "I was horrified."

As video of the performance painfully shows, Winehouse returned to the stage but struggled to get through songs like "Back to Black" and "Valerie," which she had performed hundreds of times. After an hour, Winehouse was put in a car and rushed back to the hotel while the band played on without her in order to fulfill the contractual time obligation

Read all of it here

I don't know if she was forced on stage or not, but this really upsets me :(

#8 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:05 AM

i highly doubt that she was forced on stage. you don't put your hands on an entertainer of any stature much less amy.

like lainey said, it was tragic that it was her last show.

#9 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:56 AM

i remember reading this tweet from mitch which was posted on the 19th of june.

"Amy was advised by me and her manager not to do gigs. These were contracted months ago when she was well."

http://twitter.com/#...504295383183360

Doesn't seem like she was forced to do anything to me, although saying that when she was up on stage she definitely seemed to be expressing a range of emotions...boredom, anger & sadness.

people focused a lot on whether she was drunk or on drugs that night & she definitely wasn't lucid but i think there was a deeper issue at hand there.

#10 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:23 AM

But if you watch some parts of the concert, you will see that she continually watches at her arms...I beleive that she didn't want the crowd to see her bruised and wounded arm...

#11 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:26 AM

Nobody can force anyone to do anything they really don't want to do.

I'd be very surprised if there was any actual force involved to be honest.

#12 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

But if you watch some parts of the concert, you will see that she continually watches at her arms...I beleive that she didn't want the crowd to see her bruised and wounded arm...

i've seen her fussing with her arms numerous times, it was just one of her quirks.

#13 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

No, but I think she should have been forced to leave the stage... I understand people in her band are professionals, but it just seemed extremely inhumane to let her embarass herself like that.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#14 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

rulers one thing but come brixton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:43 PM

I also thought she was in some way forced to go on stage, cause it doesn't really seem as she would've liked too? Maybe not forced physically cause that maybe would've been kinda daring.
But forced maybe in some way connected to a contract or deal of some kind? Maybe scared about the career in some way?
All I know is she should've never entered that stage.
I'm trying to not think about that show cause it really makes me in a really bad mood. :(

Posted Image

#15 Cherry Bomb

Cherry Bomb

Velut Inter Ignis Lunae Minor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:07 PM

YES. I think that she was forced to perform and THATS A SHAME-
One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star.
Become what you already are.
(Nietzsche)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amy winehouse, belgrade show

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users