Photo
- - - - -

Do you think was forced to perform @ Belgrade's concert?

amy winehouse belgrade show

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#16 DeLuxe

DeLuxe

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:39 PM

I can kind of see her being pushed out there because she clearly did not feel well. She looked like she was in actual physical pain and discomfort at some points. When you feel like that, you don't want to do anything. If she had to take a break during the show to lie down that's a clue, physically she wasn't well.

I don't know why the touring band would make up a story that could be considered slanderous in regards to her bodygaurds.

#17 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:00 PM

i remember reading this tweet from mitch which was posted on the 19th of june.

"Amy was advised by me and her manager not to do gigs. These were contracted months ago when she was well."

http://twitter.com/#...504295383183360

Doesn't seem like she was forced to do anything to me, although saying that when she was up on stage she definitely seemed to be expressing a range of emotions...boredom, anger & sadness.

people focused a lot on whether she was drunk or on drugs that night & she definitely wasn't lucid but i think there was a deeper issue at hand there.

I always felt that her short stint into rehab the week before was just her insurance policy so that they could back out of the rest of them. I remember her saying she was excited about the upcoming gigs before THEY pulled the plug. The woman went to a store in daylight, swigged show vodka and left then went to rehab. I have a feeling she knew she would be seen. She was contractually obligated and her management knew that. I can't honestly say that they forced her or she did whatever to get out of them, either way, I think they both exploited her addiction at times. She's the only person I know who really didn't have a strong PR team. They just rolled with the punches and left it up to friends and family to defend her.

I thought the gigs were booked so that she could prove herself of being worthy to put out her album which her label REPORTED WAS FINISHED SOMETIME AGO AND THAT THEY WERE WAITING ON AMY TO SORT HERSELF OUT. Why use this woman's music as a reward and keep forcing her to perform brutal songs from her past?! I understand she's their investment but she wasn't their puppy. At the end of the day, no one really knew what they needed to do to help her. They sent her to St. Lucia to get better but then solely a started building a studio their and having her record songs with people like Ceelo who said something to the extent that "I'm not leaving this island until the song was finished."

She left St. Lucia crying. I don't think they did everything to help sort her out. Honestly, all there attempts seemed to have been in the best interest of their investment. When she was getting better, they were still trying to make herself prove that she was worthy enough to put money behind and release her follow up.

And let's not forget the whole Ska influenced album Amy was going for and the fact that they wanted her to work with Ronson again and do another Back To Black. Mark Ronson even spoke about the idea of going more morbid with the sound, something along the lines of Ronnie Specktor. WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD SHE WANT TO DO THAT TO HERSELF?!!!!

Anyways, she had too many leeches around her, too many people depending on her, too many jealous of her and so many cashing in on her existance. Mitch still blows my mind occasionally.

Edited by ohmr, 30 August 2011 - 10:17 PM.

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#18 lolainas

lolainas

Never Clip My Wings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:10 PM

I always felt that her short stint into rehab the week before was just her insurance policy so that she could back out of the rest of them. The woman went to a store in daylight, swigged show vodka and left then went to rehab. I have a feeling she knew she would be seen. She was contractually obligated and her management knew that. I can't honestly say that they forced her or she did whatever to get out of them, either way, I think they both exploited her addiction at times. She's the only person I know who really didn't have a strong PR team. They just rolled with the punches and left it up to friends and family to defend her.

I thought the gigs were booked so that she could prove herself of being worthy to put out her album which her label REPORTED WAS FINISHED SOMETIME AGO AND THAT THEY WERE WAITING ON AMY TO SORT HERSELF OUT. Why use this woman's music as a reward and keep forcing her to perform brutal songs from her past?! I understand she's their investment but she wasn't their puppy. At the end of the day, no one really knew what they needed to do to help her. They sent her to St. Lucia to get better but then solely a started building a studio their and having her record songs with people like Ceelo who said something to the extent that "I'm not leaving this island until the song was finished."

She left St. Lucia crying. I don't think they did everything to help sort her out. Honestly, all there attempts seemed to have been in the best interest of their investment. When she was getting better, they were still trying to make herself prove that she was worthy enough to put money behind and release her follow up.

And let's not forget the whole Ska influenced album the label was going for and the fact that they wanted her to work with Ronson again and do another Back To Black. Mark Ronson even spoke about the idea of going more morbid with the sound, something along the lines of Ronnie Specktor. WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD SHE WANT TO DO THAT TO HERSELF?!!!!

Anyways, she had too many leeches around her, too many people depending on her, too many jealous of her and so many cashing in on her existance. Mitch still blows my mind occasionally.

Wow, totally agree with you... you read my mind seriously..

.why dont you come on over, Valerie?

"It's not important to me to make other people at ease. I am difficult, but that's because I don’t really give a fuck."

#19 ohmr

ohmr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:16 PM

I'm sorry. There are so many typos in what I wrote.

Amy, are you happy?
"About what?"
About life.

#20 ohmr

ohmr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:25 PM

I remember Dionne saying something to the extent that "what Amy does with her life is her business." and I think too many people took on that attitude. Dionne is young, whatever but I think so many did have that attitude about her. Most of these people were the same people Amy put on the map. People who considered themselves family and friends of Amy. I remember the host from Nevermind The Buzzcocks sincerely asking Mark Ronson and he wasn't serious about it whatsoever. It was like he made that apart of who Amy was and then made a comment about "coke and trumpets" and from that day on, I just didn't really respect him much.

I dunno. Not trying to play the whole blame game. She's gone.

Amy, are you happy?
"About what?"
About life.

#21 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:39 PM

In the Greek 'Down Town' magazine, reports that the greek organizer of the Ejekt festival knew that Amy's producers were forced her to go on stage...

#22 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:50 PM

I remember Dionne saying something to the extent that "what Amy does with her life is her business." and I think too many people took on that attitude. Dionne is young, whatever but I think so many did have that attitude about her. Most of these people were the same people Amy put on the map. People who considered themselves family and friends of Amy. I remember the host from Nevermind The Buzzcocks sincerely asking Mark Ronson and he wasn't serious about it whatsoever. It was like he made that apart of who Amy was and then made a comment about "coke and trumpets" and from that day on, I just didn't really respect him much.

I dunno. Not trying to play the whole blame game. She's gone.

Was the 'coke and trumpets' remark just meant as a dumb joke really? Looking back on it, yes, it was kind of in poor taste. I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt here. It's kind of a cliche/ standing joke that all musicians take boat loads of drugs. I don't think he was having a go at Amy specifically - that doesn't seem like his style. Sometimes people make dumb remarks, unintentionally, and regret it as soon as it comes out of their mouths. Who knows.
"I've got hair like them"

#23 ohmr

ohmr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:11 PM

Was the 'coke and trumpets' remark just meant as a dumb joke really? Looking back on it, yes, it was kind of in poor taste. I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt here. It's kind of a cliche/ standing joke that all musicians take boat loads of drugs. I don't think he was having a go at Amy specifically - that doesn't seem like his style. Sometimes people make dumb remarks, unintentionally, and regret it as soon as it comes out of their mouths. Who knows.

Starts @ 1:20

Yeah. I guess. I just remember being so sensitive about that. :( Apologies for the misquote.

Amy, are you happy?
"About what?"
About life.

#24 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:36 PM

I hope the full story comes out about that gig. Like, were her people in her dressing room, seeing that she was incapacitated, saying,'amy you have to do this show, can you do that for us?'

Know what I mean, how did this putting pressure on her actually happen? who pulled the trigger and said..you have no choice. you signed on amy and there's 120,000 fans waiting. you know you'll be fine when you get out there, right?

just wonder

#25 ohmr

ohmr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:11 AM

The Belgrade thing is weird because she didn't seem drunk, she seemed medicated and incoherent imo. I don't know.

I remember him being disappointed. who knows what happened. It seemed like an important gig or something. They fact that she turned down the payout says a lot. She was aware that it wasn't a great gig for the promoters. That's an apology within itself.

Amy, are you happy?
"About what?"
About life.

#26 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:21 AM

i agree and have said it before that something else other than alcohol or along with alcohol seemed to be at play.
what a mess

#27 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:30 AM

^I always thaught she looked medicated in Dubai as well. A lot of meds do not mix well with alcohol...

#28 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:33 AM

you're telling me! :lol:

#29 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:21 AM

... I tend to believe that her team was used to see Amy performing on drugs and/or alcohol, and were being negligent about it. Like if she had 9 lives or something. Also, I think I remember seeing Reg on the plane when she left Belgrade (i'm not sure, i may be wrong..)....Where was he during that painful night?

Edited by catouplik, 31 August 2011 - 02:27 AM.

#30 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:47 AM

I believe she was forced on stage by whomever. It's an ugly cesspool business ( Joni Mitchell's words)--Promoters are money hungry folks and where contracts are in place it becomes serious business. I come off like I know what I'm talking about, but it's just my hunch. After reading what Annie Lennox posted I do believe that business prevailed over any other considerations. I just got back to work after a holiday to find that friends of mine that I have known for 20 years in my work place were suddenly given their marching papers. Big business may come across as caring, but they could give two shits about you if you're not covering the bottom line.

It's so painful to see these genius creative people lose their way in the business side of art. Hind sight is 20/20, but I believe part of her recovery should have included withdrawing from the business. Gone off with Reg, had their babies...everything you hear and see in Amy before B2B shows her as a loving, thoughtful and reflective young woman. There's one interview where she characterizes herself as motivated. In a way, I wish she had never had the success of B2B. I don't think she was capable of handling what was happening to her all of a sudden. To be known worldwide, everyone wants to know you, how does one cope with that? Booze and hard drugs were essential to the new alter ego she'd created for herself after B2B.

If you havent read Annie's blog, it's posted here. The anger and rage at those who put her up there to perform is palpable and so right on.

Thanks for letting me ramble. I think it helps to push the grief along....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amy winehouse, belgrade show

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users